Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Old Books

BLOODSUCKING FIENDS - Book Guide Questions

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sephonae

BLOODSUCKING FIENDS - Book Guide Questions  Reply with quote  

From the AG's Web site:

Topics for Discussion

1. Jody is totally unprepared for being a vampire. How do you think you would react to waking up one day having been changed into a vampire? Would you try to live a normal life? Once you adjusted to being a vampire, do you think youd want to change back into a human being if the opportunity was offered?

2. Jody has obviously had a tough time with the men in her life; do you think this affects how she reacts to becoming a vampire? Was the way Jody thought about herself shaped by how men reacted to her? How did you feel when Jody started to come into her own as a vampire and enjoy her powers?

3. The Emperor seems genuinely concerned about the well-being of the residents of his city, despite the dire circumstances in which he lives. What does this say about mental illness? Do you think the Emperor went crazy from being homeless, or is he homeless because he is crazy? Is it possible that being crazy isnt always such a bad thing?

4. Toward the end of the book, it looks as if Jody may run off with the old vampire. Did you think that was a possibility? If she did it for the right reason (i.e., to save Tommy), how do you think that would have worked out?

5. At the end of the book, it seems that Jody has decided to turn Tommy into a vampire. Where does their life go from there? Will they stay together? Will they stay in San Francisco? If not, how do you handle travel as a vampire, short of owning a multi-million dollar yacht? Where would you send them?

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:47 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

#3- I'm crazy & it rocks! Cool

May answer more later when I've had more sleep... Wink

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sephonae

#5. Well, with "You Suck," many of these questions were answered. But I think they need to go to Paris. Tommy needs a beret. For reals.

#2. I haven't thought this through but my instinctive feeling is that Jody handled the transition remarkably well. Sensibly, even. Sure, one of the first things she did was find herself a man, but this time it was different - it was a move motivated by practicality. On the other hand, she could've simply hired a "live-in maid" type gal to help her out...hmmm...so I guess it's true that she fell back on old patterns to get by in this new "life."

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: