Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

I'm gonna try to win 5 grand...

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
leprrkan

I'm gonna try to win 5 grand...  Reply with quote  

By entering the Elie Weisel Prize for Ethics contest. It's open to college students and you have to write an essay that relates to an ethical issue.

First prize is 5K, 2nd is 2.5K and honorable mentions are $500 each (there are 2 of them). I think my topic is going to be a refutation of Aquinas' "Just War" Theory, especially in relation to the current "war"... but I'm not positive yet. I have a couple other ideas, but so far that's my favorite. The only hitch is I really have to know that theory inside and out and I really am not a fan of ToA... so we'll see.

If I win I think I'm donating the money to something... so start thinking of worthy causes for me, 'k?

- "Bones"

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MrEMann

Leaves me out, cause I know I'm not worthy. Very Happy

Good luck with that, my head hurts just thinking about all the wonderful contentions that can be brought into play when discussing Aquinas. I loved arguing with my philosophy prof about the Just War Theory.

I'm much better now.

Twisted Evil

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Good luck!

Maybe you could be the first donor to Lara's fund?

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

What are your other ideas?

Pssst! We need that fundage to set up the compound, maybe sooner than we thought...

Post Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Did Aquinas have anything to say about academic ethics? Question

Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
girlEgirl

you can do it lep! as for the charity, something i think you might enjoy specially if you win before the holidays is the salvation armys adopt a family program. you would make a great santa claus!

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: