Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

A frog is talking to U.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ZEB

A frog is talking to U.  Reply with quote  

Hello Everybody.

I'm french, and I am not very easy with english language.
That was the first thing i would like to say
The second : 3 days ago I didn't know the existence of Mr Moore, I have a very quiet girldfriend and she gave me "Coyote blue" with these words : "Ca t'enleveras ta face de cul." a french sentence wich means : "You will love this book, very funny". I am not a very busy personn these few days, so I began to read the book.She was right, it's really cool, I like that, I thank : "These writer must be so crazy, so funny, Waow, too nerd, Yeah...etc" so I looked the fourth page with the photo (Metallica ultimate fan?) and this text : " Chris Moore loves Ocean, polo on elephants, animal documentary, and cheese cracker...".
Great...Very interessting and peacefuly activities.I like that.He doesn't hunt with a M60, he doesn't fish with grenades, no He likes living animals to play polo with them or watching on TV, just like me !
After, I told myself : "Go and see on the fucking WWW if there is some informations about this guy" and I found this site.
Mr Moore, if U read this post let me tell you made a great, great job...Your site, and the communications with your fans by this blog are very interessting and generous.I know a notorious personn like you are could be the worst man of the world and it will not be a problem cos' you write good books, but you are not that kind of guy, you are a good personn.
And U know what? I'm a writer too! What a funny world.
So, I'm going to finish the book and if U want, i will tell you my impressions!
Maybe U don't care ? If it was me, I will don't care.

I hope everybody will understand my english.

SINCERELY EVERYBODY,

ZEB.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:34 am   
chris
Site Admin

Merci, Zeb.

La Chien esur le table'.

That's all I know how to say in French, except for ordering one beer and one pizza, and I don't even drink beer.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lauren

Now, c'mon CM, give yourself some credit. You taught us all how to say "orange juice" in French, too.

And hiya, Zeb. Welcome to the board.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Lib

Welcome Zeb!

Ooooh, CM, I love it when you talk french. Laughing

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Goudron

Welcome Smile My board name is French as you surely know, and my great (great?) grandfather was a drunken Metis (or so I'm told), other than that I'm not very French.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Bienvenue, Zeb.

That's about it for my working French. Not even sure that's correct. My brother-in-law's last name is Welcome, and his French Canadian cousins use Bienvenue. Cool, huh?

Please drop in often. We like the international scene.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Alan

Bonjour Zeb

je ne sais pas.

That's all I retained from 3 years of French and I don't even know if I am spelling it right.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ferrit Leggings

Hello

I don't speak French so signing will have to do.

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Think insane.

Greetings my beret wearing friend!

Unlike a lot of US based message boards, we don't bash the French here. We mostly target Canadians (The poor man's French), which, by the way, I am not one of, regardless of what these fucking savages say. And I'm straight too!

Welcome aboard! Be sure to familiarize yourself with the Law Of The Land

Very Happy

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZEB

Thanx  Reply with quote  

Hi everybody,
Thanks for your welcome greetings.
Eyh, for information Mr Think insane, the only wearing beret people I've ever seen in my life were american tourists.This is like that we recognize them !

Bye all.

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:56 am   
Think insane.

Hey, you guys invented the hat, so don't blame me!

Very Happy

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZEB

I didn't know  Reply with quote  

Really, are U sure ? The hat is a french invention? I didn't know...Anyway, I don't blame U, but it makes me laugh each time I see the representation of french people on TV series from USA with a beret. Where did they see that ?! It must be a mistake !
But everybody here wear a Stetson.

Bye.

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:15 am   
Think insane.

Well, I don't know if the French per se invented hats, but I'm certainly blaming the beret on you guys! And eating frog legs, who the hell ever thought that was a good idea???? Is that how you all got the name frogs? From eating frog legs? I've always wondered about that. My only experience in France was a one-hour lay over in Paris, and you can't pick up that much culture in such a little amount of time. Unless it's in Newark airport, where the culture permeates your skin and makes you smell bad for about a week or so.

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:56 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John

Bienvenue Zeb!

Voule vous couche avec mois, ses sois!

That is all I know how to say in French. I think it means "Come in and have a sandwich." I could be wrong about that.

Ooh, ooh, wait. I remember another one:

Sont des mots qui vont tres bien ensemble,
Tres bien ensemble.

I believe that means; "I think the brie has gone bad. Where is the toilet"

I thnk that is a rough translation.

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZEB

CULTURE MEETING  Reply with quote  

I believe our love for the frog legs is the origin of the charming nikname "frog".But we love to eat snails too!
And why U don't call us snails?
I've always wondered about that...
Anyway, To tell you the truth it is not so easy too find frogs or snails in Paris.We do it essentially for the familial ceremony, every sunday.Like antropophagy for savage people in the jungle, I think.

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:18 pm   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: