Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> FOOL

First!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FattyFattyPorkFace

First!  Reply with quote  

Yes, I obnoxiously did a first post.

This thread is for all those on the HazelRah ARC itinerary.

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sgt_steve

Only first 'cause I let ya, Jeff, only 'cause I let ya.

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vixen Jules

Is a Michigan tour planned yet?? Huh? Huh? Huh?? Please? Huh? Huh?? PLEEEEEAAAASSSSE??

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ken
Site Admin

Re: First!  Reply with quote  

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Yes, I obnoxiously did a first post.

This thread is for all those on the HazelRah ARC itinerary.
\

Dude, Shakespearean English, please. Huzzah!

(note -- putting Huzzah at the end of your post makes up for any content elsewhere in your post. ITLSMHO. [In This Lowly Servant's Most Humble Opinion])

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
mllefifi

Forsooth, a-waiting that itin'rant tome,
My pining, plaintive heart doth pulse in sorrow
Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
sgt_steve

The s'hedule hints but doth not yet confirm
That AG Guy to Midwest will return
To city named with doubled letter As.
Be still, my friend, 'tis Harper-Collins's delay.

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sean

Is it recommended that I familiarize myself with King Lear before reading Fool?

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Sean wrote:

That's what I'm doing now, to get a head start on the project-
& I can't talk Elizabethan, I don't dress right for it... Razz

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:59 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Watching The Wheels

9th! Lol'zers, verily!

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wonko

zendao42 wrote:

... I don't dress right for it... Razz

I don't either, I dress left.

Post Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chris
Site Admin

Sean wrote:

I think it's kind of a hard read. My suggestion is to rent a DVD of it. The Olvier one is quite good. The Ian Holme one is not bad, but I think he's too young for Lear. The Patrick MacGooan one is okay as well. The Brian Blessed one is rubbish. Blessed looks more like Father Christmas than Lear. He'd make a terrific Kent, but his Lear is bollocks, as is the fool in that one. Go with Olivier if you can get it. John Hurt plays the fool. Netflix has it.

The No Fear Shakespeare is a really good version to read if you're going to read it, though. One side of the page is modern American English, the other side is the original text.

You can get Lear free online, of course, but not with the "interpretation" to help you with the language.

Post Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mllefifi

chris wrote:
[...] The No Fear Shakespeare is a really good version to read if you're going to read it, though. One side of the page is modern American English, the other side is the original text.

You can get Lear free online, of course, but not with the "interpretation" to help you with the language.

As I accidentally discovered earlier, the "No Fear Shakespeare" edition of ''Lear'' is online for free reading.

Post Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
chris
Site Admin

mllefifi wrote:
chris wrote:
[...] The No Fear Shakespeare is a really good version to read if you're going to read it, though. One side of the page is modern American English, the other side is the original text.

As I accidentally discovered earlier, the "No Fear Shakespeare" edition of ''Lear'' is online for free reading.

Thanks, Feef

Post Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sparky~

Last!

which means I have no illusions that the ARC will make it to the PNW and into my hands before the February release date...

but that's ok... I'm a big girl and - ummmmmmm - on occasion can be patient if I compartmentalize and pretend that there is no such thing as an ARC making the rounds

ta da! Feb will be here before I know it.... right?!?!?!?!

Post Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Sparky~ wrote:

Last!

which means I have no illusions that the ARC will make it to the PNW and into my hands before the February release date...

but that's ok... I'm a big girl and - ummmmmmm - on occasion can be patient if I compartmentalize and pretend that there is no such thing as an ARC making the rounds

ta da! Feb will be here before I know it.... right?!?!?!?!

Hey, it's going that way eventually, maybe by January & these projects are fun-
the later you join, the more of other folks' stuff you get to see...

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: