Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction Here

A Trip to the Underside of Deb’s Patio

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Uptown_Toodeloo

A Trip to the Underside of Deb’s Patio  Reply with quote  

Not so very long ago I made a not so kindly remark here on the board in jest. Apparently one of the more enthusiastic posters saw my remark and offered an open invitation to see the under side of her patio. The poster in question is Deb. As far as I can make out, Deb is a very intelligent and gracious person, and understood immediately that I meant no real insult by calling women bitches. Well, I just think that with such a hospitable offer there is no way to turn it down without being rude, so Deb I am embarking on a journey to view and experience the under side of your patio.

Let see, from Florida to …Montana? That’s up north somewhere, isn’t it? With such a swell invitation I’ll just have to assume that finding Deb’s place in that state shouldn’t be too hard, or she would have included a street address. It must be one of those small states, like Texas or Alaska. Should be no problem. I’ll just head out to my brand new vehicle.

It is one sweet vehicle*. I made it out of a small camper chasse and body, but I replaced the engine, and a good section of the back area, with an air drive. An air drive works off of oxygen, taken from the very air we breathe. It draws oxygen molecules out of the air and runs them across the hyrodmolecularpiealationonator mechanism that I invented, and the waste, or by-product, of the process is hot, fresh pie, in any flavor of your choosing. With a minor adjustment, it can make quiche, but eggs only go so far with me. So I guess I need my tooth brush, and some paste. I think I’ll use tooth paste this time, the library paste leaves a strange film in your mouth. And I need a couple changes of clothes, and some food for the trip. Can’t eat pie for every meal, at least not only pie for every meal. Ohh, and deodorant, because you just can’t be too fresh, you know what I mean?

So I got it all together, some tunes to carry me along on this trip. I have a 1 terabyte flac player loaded with all my favorite bands on board in the Air Mobile. I think I’ll call it the Air Mobile. And I loaded the rough coordinates of my trip into my own special gps system that links into my brain directly using the latest in blue tooth technology. So it looks like I’m ready, and away I go…

Driving driving driving and signing along with the tunes, really badly because I just don’t sing well…

to be continued

*If I’m making shit up, I might as well have a really cool ride, right?

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:43 am   View user's profile Send private message
Uptown_Toodeloo

Into the Den  Reply with quote  

Well, it took me the better part of two and a half solid days of driving just to get to Montana. With brief breaks to rest and sleep of course. Now I have been driving around this sate for a week, and still no sign of Deb’s place. It appears that Montana is a fairly large state, as states go, and I am not so sure that I shouldn’t have inquired about an address before leaving. Ohh,, well, and adventure is an adventure. One thing about Montana, it sure seems like a big sky around here. I mean, the sky couldn’t really be bigger here than anywhere else could it? That just doesn’t make any sense, but it sure looks that way when I’m driving around.

Wow, what is that shining in the distance? Sure is bright, I think I’ll just head over that direction and take a gander at what could possible be glowing in the middle of the day like that.

Dumdedumdedum…driving driving driving along. engine going brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and just pumping out pies. Wheels going whrrrwhrrrwhrrr…

…and look at that, why it’s a house that seems to be glowing like a beacon of hope in a flat and beautiful wilderness. I bet no one could here you scream out here, or care if you did. And it’s not really the house that seems to be creating the light, it’s an area right beside it, like a patio…and a sign at the drive way. Let’s see, it says “Deb’s House, Home of Deb’s Wonderful Patio and All that Lies Beneath.” Why, I just have to take a chance and believe that I found Deb’s place. Just need to head up the drive here and knock on the door.

Hi Deb, it’s me, Uptown_Toodeloo, you know, from the board? Yeah, right, that guy. Well, I decided to take you up on your offer and see the under side of your patio. Would it be possible to see it? It would? That’s great. Sure, right now is a good time for me. No, no one came with me, yes that is correct, I am alone. Uhh, sure, I think that is excellent too, I guess.

So this is the patio of fable? No, I didn’t actually read a fable with this patio in it, I was just joking…well, no I suppose that I’m not really all that funny. Ok, I’ll keep my lame thoughts to myself.

It is a nice patio though, and what is that, a hatch door leading to an underground chamber under the patio? Well, no I don’t suppose that I really had a clear idea of how I was going to get under there in the first…ok, I know, talking too much again. So, sure lets go down.

Wow, very spacious. It seems much bigger than you would think, I mean the vaulted ceiling is a nice touch, and the arches with alcoves, very nice. Almost like a dome in here. (starts to sing in best Geddy Lee imitation, which just happens to be really. really bad)“We break our fast on honeydew, and walk the cave of…” What, you’re not a Rush fan? Actually I was thinking Xanadu, but, ohh it’s my singing you didn’t like, well ok.

What? No, you know I am not very thirsty right now, so thank you for the offer of Kool Aid, but I am going to have to pass.

Ohh, pie, well actually I had quite a lot of it on the way up here and am kind of full right now, but what a gracious offer. Is that a piece of glass sticking out of that slice? Well you know you have to be careful with broken glass I always say.

Yes, that is a nice hot tub. Get in and make some dacaries with that blender there plugged in right next to it? I actually didn’t bring my swim suit, so I’ll have to pass right now. You are very kind to offer though.

So, what exactly is that stick looking thing? It emits an electric shock? Wow, that is unusual, and long too. I bet you could touch me with it from where you are stan…

Brissssst

(((((((((((Darkness))))))))))

Post Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Uptown_Toodeloo

Light in the darkness  Reply with quote  

(((((((((((a stirring))))))))))

(((((slowly awakening)))))

(((darkness recedes)))

((mouth tastes like distilled panther piss) distilled in mouth by the way)

(nostrils filled with burning smell, could be hair, could be flesh)

Ohh, I don’t feel so well, and I can’t seem to move my hands or feet. What’s going on?

What, I’m tied up? Well, that a relief, for a minute there I thought I had lost feeling in my extremities, hehehe, wohow. So, uhh, not to be rude, but where am I and who are you? Ohh, right Deb, now it’s coming back to me.

So Deb, are we having some kind of a theme party here? Lets see, I am immobilized inside an alcove in, no wait, under your patio, right? Ok then, now were getting somewhere.

So what’s with the brick wall? No wait, I got it, we’re doing an Edgar Allan Poe theme party, right, am I right? Ohh, you don’t have to say anything. This is sooo neat. And Deb, now I know we don’t know each other very well, but I must add that you are doing some very fine masonry work there. Your mortar lines are perfect, no goop hanging out over the edges, nice and straight, very impressive. I didn’t know you are so talented.

And, could I just interject that I commend you on the decision of using a double thick wall, really well reinforced I must say. Mortar connecting between the bricks with every so many locking the pattern? Wow, all I can say is w-o-w.

Now Deb, I don’t mean to pick on your theme here, but, what…do I remember this poll you have there? Ummm, no, well wait, yes kind of, but I don’t know why you brought it up. Come to think of it, it does look like it could reach me from there. Now, as I was saying, In the Cask of Amontillado, the guy being walled up, as I remember it, was not tieeeeeeeeeeeeeeSSSSSGGKKKRKRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

BRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

(((((((((((((((((((((darkness)))))))))))))))))))

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Uptown_Toodeloo

A dream  Reply with quote  

Surreal visions float across the plane of ideas, dreams slipping through the gaps in memory, leaving traces of cognitive activity sticking to the membrane, manifesting into small, nonlinear thoughts…

Crrrrrcrrrrrcshck…And now on the news, Amanda Bombgardner will be brining us this fascinating story about a very under appreciated avenue of animal husbandry, critter farming, Amanda?

Amanda - Yes Jim, and thank you. I am here with John Appendub, a 4th generation critter farmer, so Mr. Appendub, critter farming? I have never heard of it.

John - Well Ms. Bombgardner, and you can call me John.

Amanda - Ok, but only if you call me Amanda.

John - Ok, hehe, fair enough. In truth I think you might have gotten the wrong of it here, we do farm critters, but really these critters are fritters.

Amanda - Fritter critters John? I don’t believe I have ever heard of a fritter before, except for a fried one *smiles*

John - Well, that is one of the most popular ways to prepare these succulent like guys, you know. Throw the sucker into a food processor and liquefy it and then add stuff and fry it up. Tastes great.

Amanda - You mean to use it like a batter?

John - Well, actually yes. In most of the more exclusive restaurants around the world, these little creatures are the base for the batter used to make all kinds of fritter based foods. You have your corn fritter, and conch fritter, and apple fritter, that’s really more of a desert, but you get the idea.

Amanda - Really? They use animals to make that stuff, not flour or corn?

John - It’s one of the best-kept secrets in the culinary industry Ms. Amanda. A liquefied and deep fried fritter is just one of the tastiest little creatures on the planet.

Amanda - Really, um, John?

John - Ohh, heck yes Ms. Amanda mam. The first corn dogs were made with a combination corn and fritter mixture. They later took out the fritter to save on cost, but it was there originally. In fact the term hush puppy comes from the fritter processing plants. The little guys get nervous when they can hear all that grinding machinery going around and around and they just start a whining, and it bothers the workers some, so they start going, “Now hush puppy, just hush little puppy, it will all be over with in a minute” and then toss the furry little buggers to their deaths. That hushes them right up by the way, not much can make noise after being liquefied like that.

Amanda - You don’t say, unnn, John.

John - Oh, it’s all true I swear a fritter on it. He he heh, I swear a fritter on it, that always gets me.

Amanda - OhhKay, so how do you like fritter farming? Do you have many varieties?

John - Yes mam, I do like farming the furry little buggers. Want to see some?

Amanda - Sure, lets take a look at these, delicacies.

John - Well, here in the pen we have an orange tongued fly spitting fritter, watch out, they eat like a frog does, but they eat birds and rats mostly, so they sometimes will lash out at a leg. There is a very strong acid that comes out through the tongue that helps to predigest the victim on the way to the mouth. The trip only lasts a fraction of a second, so the acid has to be very strong. As you can see, this variety is about the size of the average toad, so in order for it to consume something as large as an eagle, the acid needs to be pretty strong.

Amanda - The size of an eagle you say, this little cute thing?

John - Yep, just ask Ted over there. We call him stumpy on account of he only got 1 leg left cause one of the orange tongues here got a hold of him one day and wouldn’t let go.

Amanda - I see, let’s just move on then.

John - Ok, I tell you though, it only took that orange tongue about 30 second to completely devour that leg, quite a sight if I do say so myself. Now what we got here is the rare and elusive split purple tailed rocky mountain fritter. Them is good eating if I ever did eat a good fritter. And I have hehehe.

Amanda - I don’t see anything in the cage John, are you sure its there?

John – I did say it is elusive didn’t I? They like to hide as much as possible. It’s best not to disturb them, there is nothing meaner in this world than a cornered split purple tailed rocky mountain fritter. We keep a cage at the edge of the property to ward off grizzly bears.

Amanda - Grizzly bears John? Are there any in this area?

John – Not anymore mam, not anymore.

Amanda - Ok, do you have any others to show us?

John – Well, we can head up to the factory where they are working on a batch of yellow eyed cuties.

Amanda - Yellow eyed cuties?

John – Yep. They are preparing them right now. Remember that movie gremlins came out about 20, 25 years ago? These look just like that. In fact that Spielberg fella came up here before he made that movie, looking for inspiration he said. Well, it was the yellow eyeds that got him. Cute as the day is long and as delicious as all get out.

Amanda - And you are, what did you call it? Liquefying those, right now?

John - Yep, grinding the little dears into soup. Grind grind grind, squish squish squish.

Amanda - I think I’ll pass, I mean look at that, we are out of time today John. I am so sorry.

John – Aww, that’s ok mam, you come on back whenever you have more time. And remember, we always say “It not a Fritter, without the Critter!”

Amanda - Thank you John for that most enlightening story, back to you Jim.

Thank you Amanda for Crrrrrcrrrrrcshck

To continue soon….

Last edited by Uptown_Toodeloo on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Uptown_Toodeloo

A dream continued  Reply with quote  

Liquid movements stream through thought, my body glides, the water cool and air warm, and I glide…
passing across the surface, there is no resistance, no effort, and I plunge down in the air, only to surface in the water again…
the water blue, the deepest blue, deeper than the sky at the bottom…
The troth lies in the valley, between the peaks of the frosted rises in the ground…
rising to touch the bottom…
swimming, gliding, movement, resistance and my hand catches my sheets…
gliding on the bed on the cool sheets in the night, and it was a dream--I awoke!
Sounds in the corner, giggling and whispers. A child’s voice drifts in the air, and one of the other…
Giggles…
“Who’s there? Little one, is that you?”
“Yes”
“Who is with you?”
“Me” offers the other…
“Do I know you?”
“No” replies the other…
“Why have you come?”
“Because”
“Little one, what is there?”
“Only the monkeycat” Replies the little one
“The what?”
“I’m the Monkeycat” comes the other’s voice in the darkness, and hops on the bed…
“What is a monkeycat and why have you come?”
“Well, I’m kind of like a monkey and kind of like a cat, so I am a monkeycat, and I have come to play, do you want to play?”
“No, we need to sleep, so please go home”
“Ok, bye” and it disappears
“Goodnight little one”
“Goodnight”…
The room shifts and the walls expand and a creature stands in the middle, staring around, perplexed. It is clothed in armor of some kind. A sound comes from the other side of the room and another creature stands, also garbed in armor of some kind. Their eyes meet and they roar at each other, flinging their bodies forward while drawing knives…
“You!!”
“You!!!” came the response, and they crash!
The blades flick in and out at each other in a dance, and blood is drawn. The exchange is fast, frantic and quickly subsides, each creature bleeding copiously from the chest and extremities. Wounds on the head leave smears on their faces..
“It is all your fault” cries the first creature, “All this war was begun by you and your kind and your unjust attacks on us and our families!”
“Our fault?!!” roared back the second creature. ”You were the ones who killed my parents and family, you were the ones to raze our village and destroy our existence, it was you!!!”
“No! It was you who destroyed our villages and families, and for what? For our land? For our riches? We have none!” cried the first creature.
“It was you who attacked us for our lands and what you thought were our riches, we only protected our selves!”
“That is insane! We have no reason to attack you, we were protecting ourselves. For the last 50 years we have been protecting ourselves from you!” snarled the first creature.
“Do you not remember who started this war?’ Shot back the second creature as he fell to his knees, visibly weakened from blood loss.
“Yes, it was you, I know it was you!” breathed out the first creature, as he to visibly began to weaken. “I know it was.”
“No, it is not possible” breathed the second creature, “is it? Could we possibly have fought for so long that we forgot why?”
Both creatures stopped and stared at each other, lost for hate and lost for vengeance.
“Could it be that we have both been wrong?” asked the first creature as he reached out to help the second. The second fell forward with glazed eyes.
“What have we done?” exhaled the first, as he too fell forward and his life escaped with his breath…
“Did you enjoy that?” came a voice from behind.
“No, not particularly. What was that?” I replied and turned around to see that the room had changed and was facing the Author Guy…

To continue…

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Uptown_Toodeloo

The end of a dream  Reply with quote  

“Whoooa, AG, what are you doing in my bed room?”
‘”I’m not” replies the Author Guy.
“Sure you are, you’re talking to me aren’t you?” I counter. “And I have to say that it is just a little creepy to find anyone in my bedroom late at night like this, even you.”
“I’m not in your bedroom, I’m in your head.”
“O-K-A-Y, like you could fit in my head, I mean come on, it’s not that big” I reply.
“Maybe not that big, but apparently there is plenty of room in there. Your dreaming stupid, remember?”
“I was dreaming, I was dreaming about swimming in an upside down lake under the mountains, but I woke up” I retorted.
“Right, you woke up. Uuhu. And then what happened?”
“My daughter was in the room, playing with a monkeycat of course.”
“Ahh, a monkeycat, of course. And that happens a lot around here?”
“Well no” I admit, “but then the monsters attacked each othe…”
“Kind of shifting from thing to thing, like in a dream maybe?” asked the AG. “All surreal like, not really making any sense?”
“Hmmm, now that you put it that way, I suppose it could be a dream…”
“Yes, yes it could just very well be, so could you get with the program here and listen up? I don’t have all night to sit around in your head while you drain the smart out of me. I think I’m getting dumber just talking to you.”
“I could really do that?!” I exclaim. “Ohh, then you wouldn’t be able to write…”
“No you can’t really do that! God your stupid, I’m not really here, I’m just a dream construction to help guide you out of this electro-shock induced mind fuck you’re caught in.” yelled the imaginary AG.
“Unnnn, the electro what was that exactly?”
“You were shocked earlier, by something like a cattle prod.” answered the AG as calmly as possible.
“How did that happen? I don’t own a…”
“I know you don’t own anything like that, you were shocked by Deb!”
“Deb? Oh no, I think you’re mistaken about that, she is just the nicest…”
“NO!! Fuck you’re stupid! Yes she is nice enough, but you pissed her off something bad, and went and travelled across the country to her house for no reason. When she said she wanted to show you the underside of her patio, it wasn’t a good thing!” screamed the AG.
“Are you sure?” I ask.
“FUCKARHHHHHARHAAA! YES YES YES I am absolutely fucking positive about that!!!” erupted the AG as he thrashes around grabbing his head, ready to pound something. “You know, normally I’m a fairly calm person, even as a dream construction, but you are stressing me right the fuck out!”
“Sorry” I say, looking down.
“Aaaah, ok. Look, you need to wake up, that’s why I’m here. If you don’t get guidance out of this deep dream soon, you’re going to run out of air” says to AG, looking me straight in the eye.
“Why, what happened to the plants, did they all die? Do I need to get some nitrogen or phosphorous or something?” I ask with great alarm.
“What the fuck are you talking about now?” yelled the AG in complete frustration.
“You know, the circle of life thing, we breath out carbon-diox..” smack!! The AG looses it and delivers a blow o the side of my head. “Why did you do that?!”
“Just listen to me, and listen as well as your tiny little mind can comprehend. No questions or comments until I’m done, ‘kay?”
“’Kay.”
“You pissed Deb off and she has sealed you into an alcove in the dome under the patio…”
“Did you see the work she did…”SMACK! “Right, I’ll stop, sorry.”
“You are running out of air because Deb did such a good job.” AG eyes me for a moment, and then continues. “Since there is only a little air in the alcove, you are running out. Before you left for the trip, you installed, oh so conveniently, a drilling devise on the air mobile. You can activate it with the blue tooth chip in your head, but you need to wake up soon so you can breathe. Got it?”
I nod my head for yes.
“Good. Now, once you wake up and get out of here, you need to apologies to Deb and make amends. Offer her as much pie as you can, but remember to keep away from the end of the shock stick or I may not be able to help you again, ok?”
I nod yes again.
“Now this is the most important part, are you paying attention?”
“Yes” I say meekly.
“As soon as you offer Deb all the pie you can, put it down gently and turn and run the fuck away from here and get as far away as you can and never, never, never go near Deb again. Understood? Also, never, never, never piss her off again, understood?”
“Yes AG.” I eek out.
“Ok, I’m going to go now, and I never, never, never want to show up in one of your dreams again, understood?”
“Understood AG.”
“Good.” Then the AG turns to leave, and as he begins to disappear he says very clearly over his shoulder “Fucktard!”

Time…to…wake…up!

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Asyashrilalita sahasranama stotra mahamantrasya, vashinyadi vagdevata
rushayah anushtup chandaha shree lalita parameshari devata shrimadvagbhava
kutetibijam madhyakuteti shaktih shaktinyasam karanyasancha kuryat mama
shree lalita parameshari prasada sidhyardhe jape viniyogah

DHYANAM
Sinduraruna vigragam, trinayanam, manikyamaoli spharat
Taranayaka shekharam, smitamukhim, aapinavakshoruham
Panibhyam, alipurnaratna chashakam, raktotpalam bibhratim
Saomyam ratna ghatasdha raktacharanam dhyayetparamanbikam

Arunam karuna tarangitakshim
Dhruta pashankusha pushpa banachapam
Animadibhi ravrutam mayukhai
Rahamityeva vibhavaye, bhavanim

Dhyayetpadmasanasdham vikasita
Vadanam padmapatrayatakshim
Hemabham pitavastram karakalita
Lasadhemapadmam varangim
Sarvalankarayuktam satata mabhayadam
Bhaktanamram bhavanim
Shree vidyam shantamurtim sakala suranutam
Sarvasanpatpradatrim

Sakunkuma vilepana malikachunbi sasturikam
Samandahasi tekshenam sasharachapa pashankusham
Asheshajana mohini marunamalya bhushanbaram
Japakusuma bhasuram japavidhao smaredanbikam

Sree-mata shree maha-ragyni shreematsinha-saneshvaree
Chidagni kunda-sanbhuta deva-karya samudyata - 1
Udyadbanu saha-srabha chatur-bahu saman-vita
Raga-svarupa pashadya krodha-karanku-shojvala - 2

Mano-rupekshu kodanda pancha tanmatra sayaka
Nijaruna prabha-pura majabhramhanda mandala - 3

Chanpaka shoka punnaga saogandhika lasatkacha
Kuruvinda mani shrenee kanatkotira mandita - 4

Ashtami chandra vibhraja dalikasdhala shobhita
Mukha-chandra kalankabha mruga-nabhi visheshaka - 5

Vadanas-mara mangalya gruhatorana chillika
Vaktra-lakshmi pari-vaha chalan-minabha lochana - 6

Nava-chanpaka pushpabha nasa-danda virajita
Tarakanti tiraskari nasa-bharana bhasura - 7

Kadanba manjari klupta karna-pura mano-hara
Tatanka yugali-bhuta tapa-nodupa mandala - 8

Padma-raga shila-darsha pari-bhavi kapolabhuh
Nava-vidruma binbashree nyakkari radanachada - 9

Shudha vidyankurakara dvijapankti dvayojvala
Karpura-vitikamoda samakarsha digantara - 10

Nijasanlapa madhurya vinirbhastitakachapi
Mandasmita prabhapura majatkamesha manasa - 11

Anakalita sadrusya chubuka shree virajita
Kamesha bada mangalya sutra-shobhita kandhara - 12

Kanakangada keyura kamaniya bhujanvita
Ratnagrai-veya chintakalola mukta phalanvita - 13

Kameshvara prema-ratna mani prati-panastani
Nabhyalavala romali lata phala kuchadvaei - 14

Lakshya romalata bharata samunneya madhyama
Stana-bhara dalanmadhya patta-bandha-valitraya - 15

Arunaruna kaostunbha vastra bhasvatkatitati
Ratna kinkinikaramya rashanadama bhushita - 16

Kamesha-gynata saobhagya marda-voru dvayanvita
Manikya makuta kara janudvaya virajita - 17

Endra-gopa parikshipta smaratunabha janghika
Guda-gulpha kurma prushtajaeishnu prapadanvita - 18

Nakhadidhiti sanchanna samajana tamoguna
Padadvaya prabhajala parakruta saroruha - 19

Shinjanamani mangira mandita shrepadanbuja
Marali mandagamana maha-lavanya shevadhih - 20

Sarvaruna navadyangi sarvabharana bhushita
Shiva-kameshvarankasdha shiva svadhinavallabha - 21

Sumeru shrunga-madhyasdha shreemannagara naeika
Chintamani gruhantahsdha pancha bramga sanasdhita - 22

Mahapadmatavi sansdha kadanba vanavasinee
Sudha sagara madhyasdha kamakshi kamadaeinee - 23

Devarshigana sanghata stuyamanatma-vaibhava
Bhandasura vadhodyukta-shakti-sena samanvita - 24

Sanpatkari samaruda sindhura vrajasevita
Asvarudadhishtitasva koti bhiravruta - 25

Chakra-raja radharudha sarva-yudha parishkruta
Geya-chakra radha-ruda mantrini parisevita - 26

Kiri-chakra radha-rudha dandanadha puraskruta
Jvalamalinikakshipta mahni prakara madhyaga - 27

Bhandasainya vadhodyukta shakti vikrama harshita
Nitya parakra matopa nireekshana samutsaka - 28

Bhanda-putra vadhodyukta balavikrama nandita
Mantrinyanba virachita vishangavadhatoshita - 29

Vishukra pranaharana varahi viryanandita
Kameshvara mukhaloka kalpita shreganeshvara - 30

Maha-ganesha nirbhinna vighnayantra praharshita
Bhanda-surendra nirmukta shastra pratyastra varshini - 31

Karanguli nakhotpanna narayana dashakrutih
Mahapashupatastragni nirdagdha surasainika - 32

Kameshvarastra nirdagda sabhandasura shunyaka
Bramhependra mahendradi devasansdhutavaibhava - 33

Haranetragni sandagdakama sanjivanaoshadhih
Shreemadvagbhavakutaika svarupa mukhapankaja - 34

Kantadhah-kati paryanta madhyakuta svarupinee
Shakti-kutaikatapanna katyadhobhaga dharinee - 35

Mulamantratmika mulakutatraya kalebara
Kulamrutaikarasika kulasanketapaline - 36

Kulangana lulantasdha kaolinee kulayogini
Akula samayantasdha samayachara tatpara - 37

Muladharaika nilaya bramhagrandhi vibhedini
Manipurantarudita vishnugrandhi vibhedine - 38

Aagyna-chakrantaralasdha rudra-grandhi vibhedini
Sahasraranbujaruda sudhasarabhivarshinee - 39

Tatillata samaruchi shatchakropari sansdhita
Mahashakti-kundalini bisatantu taniyasi - 40

Bhavani bhavanagamya bhavaranya kutarika
Bhadrapriya bhadra-murti rbhakta-saobhagyadaeini - 41

Bhakta-praya bhakta-gamya bhakti-vashya bhaya-paha
Shanbhavi sharadaradhya sharvani sharmadaeini - 42

Shankari shrikari sadhvi sarachandra nibhanana
Shatodari shantimati niradhara niranjana - 43

Nirpepa nirmala nitya nirakara nirakula
Nirguna nishkala shanta nishkama nirupaplava - 44

Nityamukta nirvikara nisprapancha nirashraya
Nitya-shudha nitya-budha niravadya nirantara - 45

Nishkarana nishkalanka nirupadhirnirishvara
Niraga ragamadhani nirmada madanashini - 46

Nishchinta nirahankara nirmoha mohanashinee
Nirmama mamatahantri nishpapa papanashini - 47

Nishkrodha krodhashamani nirlobha lobhanashini
Nisandhaya sanshayaghni nirbhava bhavanashini - 48

Nirvikalpanirabadha nirbheda bhedanashini
Nirnasha mrutyumadhani nishkriya nishparigraha - 49

Nistula nilachikura nirapaya niratyaya
Durlabha durgama durga dukha-hantri sukhaprada - 50

Dushta-dura duracharashamani doshavarjita
Sarvagyna sandrakaruna samanadhika varjita - 51

Sarva-shaktimaei sarvamangala sadgatiprada
Sarveshvari sarvamaei sarvamantrasvarupini - 52

Sarva-yantratmika sarvatantrarupa manonmani
Mahishvari mahadivi mahalakshmi rmrudapriya - 53

Maharupa mahapujya mahapataka nashini
Mahamaya magasatva mahashaktirmaharatih - 54

Mahabhoga mahaishvarya mahavirya mahabala
Maha-bhudirmahasirdhirmahayogeshvareshvari - 55

Mahatantra mahamantra mahayantra mahasana
Mahayaga kramaradya mahabhairava pujita - 56

Maheshvara mahakalpa mahatandava sakshini
Mahakamesha mahishi mahatripurasundari - 57

Chatushashtyupacharadya chatushashti kalamaei
Mahachatushashtikoti yogini ganasevita - 58

Manuvidya chandra vidya chandramandala madhyaga
Charu rupacharuhasa charuchandra kaladhara - 59

Charachara jagannadha chakraraja niketana
Parvati padmanayana padmarga samaprabha - 60

Panchapretasanasina panchabramha svarupini
Chinmaei paramananda vigynanaghanarupini - 61

Dhyanadhyatru dhyeyarupa dharmadharma vivarjita
Vishvarupa jagarini svapanti taijasatmika - 62

Supta pragynatmika turya sarvavasdhavivarjita
Prushtikartri bramharupa goptri govindarupini - 63

Sanharini rudrarupa tirodhanakarishvari
Sadashivanugrahada panchakrutya parayana - 64

Bhanumandala madhyasdha bhairavi bhagamalini
Padmasana bhagavati padmanabha sahedari - 65

Unmesha nimishotpanna vipanna bhuvanavalih
Sahasrashirshavadana sahasrakshi sahasrapat - 66

Aabramhakitajanani varvashrama vidhaeini
Nijagyna rupanigama punyapunya phalaprada - 67

Shruti simanta sirurikruta padabja dhulika
Sakalagama sandoha shukti sanputa maoktika - 68

Purushardhaprada purna bhogini bhuvaneshvari
Anbika nadi nidhana paribramhendra sevita - 69

Narayani nadarupa namarupa vivarjita
Hrinkari hrimati hrudya heyopadeyavarjita - 70

Rajarajarchita ragyni ramya rajivalochana
Ranjani ramani rasya ranarkinkini mekhala - 71

Rama rakenduvadana ratirupa ratipriya
Rakshakari rakshasaghni rama ramanalanpata - 72

Kamya kamakalarupa kadanba kusumapriya
Kalyani jagatikanda karunarasasagara - 73

Kalavati kalalapa kanta kadanbari priya
Varada vamanayana varunimadavihvala - 74

Vishvadhika vidavidya vindhyachala nivasini
Vidhatri vidajanani vishnu maya vilasini - 75

Kshetra-svarupa kshetreshi kshetrakshetragynapalini
Kshaya-vrudhi vinirmukta kshetrapala smarchita 76

Vijaya vimala vandya mandaru janavatsala
Vagvadini vamakeshi vahni mandala vasini - 77

Bhaktimatkalpalatika pashupasha vimochani
Sanhruta sheshapashanda sadachara pravartika - 78

Tapatrayagni santapta samahladana chandrika
Tatuni tapasaradhya tanumadhya tamo-paha - 79

Chiti statpadalakshyardha chidekarasa rupini
Svatyanandalavibhuta bramhadyananda santatih - 80

Parapratyakchitirupa pashyanti paradevata
Madhyama vaikharirupa bhaktamanasa hansika - 81

Kameshari prananadi krutagyna kamapujita
Shrungararasa sanpurna jaya jalandharasdhita - 82

Odyana pita nilaya nindu mandala vasini
Rahoyaga kramaradhya rahastarpana tarpata - 83

Sadyah prasadini vishvasakshini sakshivarjita
Shadanga devata yukta shadgunya paripurita - 84

Nityaklinna nirupama nirvana sukhadaeini
Nitya shodashika rupa shree kantardha sharirini - 85

Prabhavati prabha rupa prasidha parameshari
Mulaprakruti ravyakta vyaktavyakta svarupini - 86

Vyapini vividhakara vidya vidya svarupini
Mahakameshanayana kumudahlada kaomudi - 87

Bhaktahardhatamobheda bhanumadbanu santatih
Shivaduti shivaradhya shivamurtishivankari - 88

Shivapriya shivapara shishteshta shishta-pujita
Aprameya svaprakasha manovachamagochara - 89

Chichakti shchetanarupa jadashakti jadatmika
Gayatri vyahruti sandhya dvijabrunda nishemita - 90

Tatvasana tatvamaei panchakoshantarah sdhita
Nisima mahima nitya-yaovana madashalini - 91

Madagharnita raktakshi madapatala gandabhuh
Chandana drava digdhangi chanpeya kusumapriya - 92

Kushala komalakara kurukulla kuleshvari
Kulakundalaya kaolamarga tatpara sevita - 93

Sumara gananadhanba tushtih pushtirmati dhrutih
Shanti spastimati mantirnandini vignanashini - 94

Tejovati trinayana lolakshi kamarupini
Malini hansini mata malayachala vasini - 95

Sumukhi nalini subhru shobhana suranaeika
Karikanti kantimati kshobhini sukshmarupini - 96

Vajreshvari vamadevi vayovasdha vivarjita
Sideshvari sidhavidya sidhamata yashasvini - 97

Vishudichakra nilaya raktavarna trilochana
Khatvangadi praharana vadanaika samanvita - 98

Payasanna priya tvaksdha pashuloka bhayankari
Amrutadi mahashakti sanvruta dakinishvari - 99

Anahatabjanilaya shyamabha vadanadvaya
Danshtrojvalakshamaladi dhara rudhira sansdhita - 100

Kalaratryadishaktyao-ghavruta snigdhao-dana priya
Mahavirendra varada rakinyanba svarupini - 101

Manipurabja nilaya vadanatraya sanyuta
Vajradikayudhopeta dayaryadibhiravruta - 102

Rakta-varna mansanishta gudanna pritamanasa
Samsta bhakta sukhada lakinyanba svarupini - 103

Svadhishtananbujagata chaturvaktra manohara
Shuladyayudha sanpanna pitavarna tigarvita - 104

Medhonishta maduprita bandinyadi samanvita
Dadyannasakta hrudaya kakini rupadharini - 105

Muladharanbujarudha panchavaktrasdhi sanpdhita
Ankushadi praharana varadadi nishevita - 106

Mudgaodanasaktachitta sakinyanba svarupini
Aagynachakrabja nilaya shuklavarna shadanana - 107

Majasansdha hansavati mukhyashakti samanvita
Haridranai karasika hakinirupa dharini - 108

Sahasradala padmasdha sarvavarnopashobhita
Sarvayudhadharashukla sansdhita sarvatomukhi - 109

Sarvaodana pritachitta yakinyanba svarupini
Svahasvadha mati rmedha shrutih smrutiranuttama - 110

Punyakirtih punyalabhya punyashravana kirtana
Pulomajarchita bandhamochani bandhuralaka - 111

Vimarsharupini vidya viyadadi jagatprasuh
Sarvavyadhi prashamani sarvamrutyu nivarini - 112

Agraganya chintyarupa kalikalmashanashini
Katyayani kalahantri kamalaksha nishevita - 113

Tanbulapuritamukhi dadimikusumaprabha
Mrugashi mohini mudhya mrudani mitrarupini - 114

Nityatrupta bhaktanidhi rniyantri nikhileshvari
Maityradi vasanalabhya mahapralayasakshini - 115

Parashaktih paranishta pragynana ghanarupini
Madhvipanalasa matta matrukavarna rupini - 116

Mahakailasa nilaya mrunala mrududorlata
Mahaniya dayamurti rmahasamrajyashalini - 117

Aatmavidya mahavidya shreevidya kamasevita
Shree shodashaksharividya trikuta kamakotika - 118

Katakshakinkaribhuta kamala kotisevita
Shirasdhita chandranibha phalasdhendra dhanuh prabha - 119

Hrudayasdha ravi prakhya trikonantara dipika
Dakshayani daityahantri dakshayagyna vinashini - 120

Darandolita dirghakshi darahasojvalanmukhi
Gurumurtirgunanidhi rgamata guhajanmabhuh - 121

Deveshi dandanitisdha daharakasha rupini
Pratipanmukhyarakanta tidhimandala pujita - 122

Kalatmika kalanadha kavyalapa vinodini
Sachamara ramavani savyadakshini sevita - 123

Aadishakti rameyatma parama pavanakrutih
Anekakoti bramhanda janani divyavigraha - 124

Klinkari kevala guhyakaivalya padadaeini
Tripura trijagadvandya trimurti stridasheshvari - 125

Tryakshari divyagandhadya sindura tilakanchita
Uma shailendra tanaya gaori gandharava sevita -126

Vidhvagarbha svarnagarbha varada vagadhishvari
Dhyanagamyaparichedya gynanada gynanavigraha - 127

Sarvavedanta sanvedya satyananda svarupini
Lopamudrarchita lilaklupta bramhanda mandala - 128

Adrushyadrushyarahita vigynatri vedyavarjita
Yogini yogada yogya yoganandayugandhara - 129

Echashakti gynashakti kriyashakti svarupini
Sarvadhara supratishta sadasadrupadharini - 130

Ashtamurtirajajaitri lokayatra vidhaeini
Ekakini bhumarupa nirvaita dvaitavarjita - 131

Annada vasudha vrudha bramhatmaikya svarupini
Bruhati bramhani bhramhi bramhananda balipriya - 132

Bhasharupa bruhatsena bhavabhava vivarjita
Sukharadhya shubhakari shobhana sulabhagatih - 133

Rajarajishvari rajyadaeini rajyavallabha
Raja tkrupa rajapita niveshitanija shrita - 134

Rajyalakshmih koshanadha chaturanga baleshvari
Samrajyadaeini satyasandha sagaramekhala - 135

Dikshita daityashamani sarvaloka vashankari
Sarvardhadatri savitri sachidananda rupini - 136

Deshakala parichinna sarvaga sarvamohini
Sarsvati shastramaei guhanba guhyarupini - 137

Sarvopadhivinirmukta sadashiva pativrata
Sanpradayeshvari sadhvi gurumandala rupini - 138

Kulottirna bhagaradhya maya madhumatimahi
Gananba guhyakaradhya komalangi gurupriya - 139

Svatantra sarvatantreshi dakshanamurtirupini
Sanakadi samaradhya shivagynana pradaeini - 140

Chitkala nandakalika premarupa prinankari
Namaparayana prita nandivida nateshvari - 141

Midhya jagadadhishtana muktida muktirupini
Lasyapriya layakari sajja ranbhadi vandita - 142

Bhavadava sudhavrusthih paparanya davanala
Daorbhagya tula vatula jaradhvanta raviprabha - 143

Bhagyabhi chandrika bhakta chittakeki ghanaghna
Rogaparvatadanbholi rmrutyudaru kutarika - 144

Mahishvari mahakali mahagrasa hamashani
Aparna chanidika chandamundasura nishudini - 145

Ksharakshatmika sarvalikeshi vishadharini
Trivargadatri subhaga tryanbaka trigunatmika - 146

Svargapavargada shudha japapushpa nibhakrutih
Ojovati dyutidhara yagynarupa priyavrata - 147

Duraradhya duradhatsha patali kusumapriya
Hamati merunilaya mandara kusumapriya - 148

Viraradhya viradrupa viraja vishatomukhi
Pratyagrupa parakasha pranada pranarupini - 149

Martanda bairavaradhya mantrini nyastarajyadhuh
Tripureshi jayatsena nistraigunya parapara - 150

Satyagynananandarupa samarsya parayana
Kapardini kalamala kamadhukamarupini - 151

Kalanidhih kavyakala rasagyna rasashevadhih
Pushtapuratana pujya pushkara pushkarekshana - 152

Paranjyotih parandhamah paramanuh paratpara
Pashahasta pashahantri paramantra vibhedini - 153

Murta murta nityatrupta munimanasa hansika
Satyavrata satyarupa sarvantaryamini sati - 154

Bramhani bramhajanani bahurupa budharchita
Prasavitri prachandagyna pratishta prakatakruti - 155

Praneshvari pranadatri panchashatpritarupini
Vishrunkhala viviktasdha viramata viyatprasuh - 156

Mukunda muktinilaya mulavigraharupini
Bhavagyna bhavarogaghni bhavachakra pravartini - 157

Chandasara shastrasara mantrasara talodari
Udarakirti rudhamavaibhava varnarupini - 158

Janmamrutyu jaratapta janavishranti daeini
Sarvopanishadudghushta shantyatita kalatmika - 159

Ganbhira gaganantahsdha garvita ganalolupa
Kalpanarahita kashtakanta kantardha vigraha - 160

Kartakarananirmukta kamakeli tarangita
Kanatkanakatatanka lilavigrahadharini - 161

Ajakshaya vinirmukta mugdha kshipraprasadini
Antarmukha samaradhya bahirmukha sudurlabha - 162

Traei trivarganilaya trisdha tripuramalini
Niramaya niralanba svatmarama sudhasrutih - 163

Sansara pankanirmagna samudharana sandita
Yagyna priya yagynakartri yajamana svarupini - 164

Dharmadhara dhanadhyaksha dhanadhanya vivardhini
Viprapriya viprarupa vishvabhramanakarini - 165

Vishvagrasa vidrumabha vaishnavi vishnuruini
Ayoniryoninilaya kulasdha kularupini - 166

Viragoshtipriya vira naishkarmya nadarupini
Vigynanakalana kalyavidagdha vhaindavasana - 167

Tatvadhika tatvamaei tatvamardha svarupini
Samagana priya saomya sadashiva kutunbini - 168

Savyapasavyamargasdha sarva padvi nivarini
Svasdha svabhavamadhura dhira dhirasamarchita - 169

Chaitanyardhya samaradhya chaitanya kusumapriya
Sadodita sadatushta tarunadityapatala - 170

Dakshina dakshinaradhya darasmera mukhanbuja
Kaolini kevala narghya kaivalyapadadaeini - 171

Stotrapriya stutimati shruti sanstuta vaibhava
Manasvini manavati maheshi mangalakrutih - 172

Vishvamata jagadhatri vishalakshi viragini
Pragalbha paramodara paramoda manomaei - 173

Vyomakeshi vimanasdha vajrini vamakeshvari
Panchayagyna priya panchapreta manchadhishaeini - 174

Panchami panchabhuteshi panchasankhyopacharini
Shashvati shashvataishvarya sarmada shanbhumohini - 175

Dharadharsuta dhanya dharmini dharmavardini
Lokatita gunatita sarvatita shamatmika - 176

Bandhuka kusuma prakhya balalila vinodini
Sumangali sukhakari suveshadya suvasini - 177

Suvasinyarchana prita shobhana shudhamanasa
Bindutarpana santushta purvaja tripuranbika - 178

Dashamudra samaradhya tripura shrivanshankari
Gynanamudra gynanagamya gynanagyneya svarupini - 179

Yonimudra trikhandeshi trigunanba trikonaga
Anaghadbhuta charitra vanchitardha pradaeini - 180

Abhyasatishayagynata shadadhvatita rupini
Avyajakarunamurti ragynanadhvanta dipika - 181

Aabalagopavidita sarvanullanghyashasana
Shrichakrarajanilaya shrimatripurasundari - 182

Shri shiva shivashaktyaikya rupini lalitanbika
Yvam shri lalita devya namnam sahasrakam jaguh - 183

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Uptown_Toodeloo

Unnn, What?  Reply with quote  

Hi Lisa,

I don't want to come of as some arrogant American asshole, but I don't really know what you intended to say in your reply because I don't understand the langugae. I quickly looked up DHYANAM and as near as I can tell, it means meditation. So this is in reference to a meditation? Does it come from a Hindu text or a yoga training? I am interested in learning more when I have time, but I thought I would let you know that as of this moment, however much wisdom this passage might contain, it is lost on me. If you care to explain further, that would be great. IF you think I should figure it out o my own, well I just might, but it will take time. I hope that the story hasn't offended you, it is really just me exploring an idea that was sparked from comments here on the board, mixed up with some other ideas I have pondered over for a while.

Have a nice day.

U. T.

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:45 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

I went shopping.

Bought a lovely ruby and emerald ring. Had a nice day.

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Uptown_Toodeloo

Got it  Reply with quote  

Ok Lisa, it took a little digging, but the passage you posted is a prayer, or a s I said earlier, a meditation. To be said on Fridays, if I'm not mistaken?

Shree Lalitaa sahasranaama stotram

is the name or title. I gathered a translation:

The Divine mother is to be meditated upon as shining in a vermilion-red body, with three eyes, sporting a crown of rubies studded with the crescent moon, a face all smiles, a splendid bust, one hand holding a jewel-cup brimming with mead, and the other twirling a red lotus.

The Divine Goddess is to be meditated upon as seated on the lotus with petal eyes. She is golden hued, and has lotus flowers in Her hand. She dispels fear of the devotees who bow before Her. She is the embodiment of peace, knowledge (vidyaa), is praised by gods and grants every kind of wealth wished for

Salutations to the Divine Mother, who is the Mother of all.

Great Empress of the whole Universe.
Great Sovereign, enthroned on the lion’s back.
Who came out of the fire of Pure Consciousness.
Who promotes the cause of Divine forces.

Who is radiant as a thousand suns rising together.
Four-armed Divinity.
Who holds in her lower left hand a noose representing the power of love.
Who holding the flashing Ankusa (goad) of anger in Her lower right hand for restraining the forces of evil.

Who wields in her upper left hand a Sugarcane bow that stands for mind.
Who holds five arrows representing the five Tanmatras (Subtle elements).
In the rosy splendour of whose form the whole universe is bathed.

Whose shining locks of hair impart their fragrance to flowers like Chamka, Ashoka and Punnaga adorning them.
Whose crown is shining with rows of Kuruvinda gems.

Whose forehead shines, arching like the crescent moon of the eighth lunar digit (Ashtami)
The Kasturi Tilaka adorns her moonlike face, like the spot in the moon.

Whose face, the auspicious home of Karma (Cupid), has eyebrows that resemble archways leading to that abode of beauty.
Whose eyes move like fish in the streams of beauty flowing from Her face.

Whose shapely nose is like a freshly blown Champaka bud.
With a nasal ornament set with a jewel that excels the brilliance of the planet Venus.

Who is radiant and charming with a bunch of Kadamba flowers over her ears.
Who has the orbs of the Sun and Moon as Her pair of ear pendants.

Whose cheeks are far fairer than mirrors of ruby (Padmaraga)
Whose lips outshine the redness of fresh coral and bimba fruit.

Whose beauty is enhanced by her rows of teeth that resemble the sprouting of pure Knowledge (Suddha Vidya or Sri – Vidya).
The fragrance of the campho limbedded betel roll in whose mouth is spreading in all directions.

Whose speech is more melodious than the Veena of Sarasvati known as Kachhapi.
The radiance of whose smile inundates the mind of Kamesvara, Her consort.

Her chin is peerless in beauty.
Whose neck is adorned with the Mangalasutra fastened thereon by Her consort Kamesvara.

Whose beautiful arms are decked with armlets and bracelets of gold.
Who wears a gem – set necklace having a big pearl as a pendant.

Whose breasts form the price she pays to Her Consort (Mahesvara) in return for the gem of love He bestows on Her.
Whose breasts look like fruits on the creeper of the hair – line spreading upwards from the navel.

Who has a waist so slender that it can only be inferred as a base for the creeper of fine hair springing from her navel upwards.
Whose waist, breaking under the weight of the breasts, gets three lines like a supporting belt.

Who wears a garment of deep red round Her hip.
Who is adorned with a girdle having many mini bells set with precious stones.

The beauty and smoothness of whose thighs is known only to her consort, the Conqueror of love (Kamesha)
Whose two knees are like crowns shaped from the precious stone Manikya.

Whose calf – muscles resemble the quiver of the god of love with bright glow–worm like decorations.
Whose ankled are well filled and therefore without protrusion.
The arch of whose feet rival the shapeliness and beauty of the back of a tortoise.

The illumining splendor of whose tow nails dispel the darkness of ignorance in the votaries prostrating at Her feet.
Whose feet defeat the lotus in beauty.

Whose lotus – feet are adorned with tinkling anklets set with jewels.
Whose gait is slow and gentle like that of a swan.
Who is a treasure house of Divine beauty.

Who is rose – hued all over.
Who is faultless in every limb.
Who is adorned with divine ornaments.
Who is seated on the lap of Shiva, the conqueror of desire (Kamesvara).
Shiva: The Consort of Shiva, whose Power She is.
Who dominates over Her Consort Siva in the creative part of the cyclic motion of time.

Who dwells on the mid most peak of Mount Meru.
Who is the Bindu, the central circle of bliss in the Shri-chakra.
Whose abode is Manidvipa the Island of Wish-yielding Gem.
Who rests on a seat formed of the five Divinities (Brahmans), Brahma, Vishnu, Rudra, Isana and Sadasiva.

Who dwells in a lotus forest, the thousand–petalled lotus of the Sahashra.
Who resides amidst a grove of Kadamba trees (which fringe the Manidvipa)
Who dwells in the center of the sea of Nectar (which is the light of the Blissful Moon of the pericap of the Sahashrara)
The look of whose eyes is full of graceful
Who grants all the prayers of votaries.

Whose majesty is the subject of praise of hosts of sages and divine beings.
Whose command an army of Saktis are intent on destroying Bhadasura (the Asura being Ignorance, Lalitambika, the Atman, and the Saktis, the potencies of the Atman.)

Who is accompanied by a regiment of elephants, headed by Sampatkari.
Who is surrounded by a cavalry of several crores of horses under the command of Ashvarudha.

Seated in Her chariot Chakra raja equipped with armaments of every kind.
Who is attended by Her minister (Syamala) seated in Her chariot named Geya – chakra.

Who is preceded by Dandanatha, the commander of Her armiesin his chariot Kiri-chakra.
Who has taken position in the center of the rampartof fire constructed by Jvalamalinika.

Who rejoices at the valour of Her Saktis bent on destroying the army of Bhanda.
Who is delighted on seeing the aggressiveness of Her Nitya deities in their attack on the army of Bhanda.

Who is overjoyed to see Her daughter Bala who is intent on slaying the son of Bhanda.
Who feels satisfaction at the destruction of Vishanga by Her chief minister Syamala.

Who appreciates the prowess displayed by Varahi in the destruction of Vishukra.
Who by a mere glance at her Consort Mahesvara generates Sri Ganesha (the elephant headed diety).

Who rejoices when that Ganesha destroys the magical devices placed by Bhandasura as obstacles to Her victory.
Who counters by Her own missiles the rain of missiles directed against Her by Bhadnasura.

Who out of Her finger nails recreated all the ten Incarnations of Vishnu to destroy the Asuras slain by Him in His incarnations and now recreated magically by Bhanda out of a missile of his.
Who burned to death the armies of demons with the fire of the great missile pashupata.

Who with the flames of the missile Kamesvara caused the destruction of bandha and also of his Capita Sunyaka.
Whose manifold powers (displayed in the fight with Bhanda) are praised by Brahma, Vishnu and Indra.

The life giving herb, that revived the god of love (kama – deva) who had been burnt to death by the fire of Shiva’s eyes.
Whose lotus face represents the Vagbhava – Kuta of the pancha dashakshari – mantra which is subtle form of the Devi.

Whose middle region from the neck to the waist is represented by the central part (Kamaraja – Kuta) of the same Mantra.
Whose form below waist is identical with the last part (Sakti – Kuta) of Pancha – dashakshari Mantra.

Who is the original Mantra (Mula-mantra, here Pancha – dashakshari) itself.
Whose body is identiacal with Pancha – Dashakshari Mantra with all its Kutas or combination of letters.
Who (as the Kundalini) revels in the nectar flowing from the Sahasrara through the whole of the Kula path (i.e.the Susumna).
Who guards the esoteric doctrine of the Kaulas.

Who is the Female Element (Kundalini) in the Kula Path.
Who is the innermost Reality of the Kula Path.
Who is called Kaulini, the core of the Kaula form of worship.
Who is the Deity of the Kaulas.
Who is also the Akula (Siva) who is in the thousand-petalled lotus above the Kula Path.
Who is likewise the center of the Samaya doctrine (in which the worship is done internally through meditation and which holds Siva-Sakti as of equal importance in all respects).
Whom the Samaya tradition of worship is dear.

Whose chief residence is the Muladhara.
Who in Her ascent from the Muladhara breaks through the Brahma-grandhi (the Barrier of Brahma to the subtle dimension).
Who then emerges in the Manipura – chakra.
Who then breaks through the Vishnu – granthi (the barrier to still subtler dimensions).

Who next abides in the center of the Agya – chakra.
Who finally breaks through the Rudra – granthi (the barrier to the subtlest dimension).
Who then ascends to the Thousand – petalled Lotus known as the Sahasrara.
Who sends streams of Nectar (spiritual bliss) from the Transcendant moon in the Sahasrara.

Who shines like a steady flash of lightning.
Who then establishes herself above the six Chakras.
Whose immense joy consists in Asakti (union with Shiva)
Who resides in the Muladhara as the Kundalini (the coiled power).
Who is as fine and firm as the fibre of a lutus stalk.

Who is Bhavani, the consort of Bhava (Shiva).
Who is realized through devoted meditation.
Who is verily like an axe for clearing the jungle of Samsara (transmigratory existence) in which the Jiva is caught.
Who is fond of everything auspicious.
Who is the embodiment of auspiciousness.
Who grants all-round advancement to devotees, both in the spiritual and the material fields.

Who is fond of true devotion.
Who is attained through true devotion.
Who can be won over through true devotion.
Who dispels all fear.
Who is known as Shambhavi, the Consort of Shiva.
Who is adored by Sharada (the Consort of Brahma).
Who is the consort of Sharva or Shiva.
Who is the bestower of happiness.

Who is Shankari the Consort of Shiva, who is inseparable from Her.
Who is the spouse of Vishnu, who brings prosperity to devotees.
Who is a paragon of virtue.
Whose face shines like the autumnal moon.
Who has a very slender waist.
Who is full of peace.
Who has no support other than Herself. But supports everything else.
Who is free from the stain of ignorance.

Who is free from all affectations of external contacts.
Who is free from all impurities.
Who is eternal.
Who is not limited to and by any form.
Who is never agitated.
Who is beyond the three Gunas of Prakrti – Sattva, Rajas and Tamas.
Who is the Partless Unitary Whole.
Who is ever serene.
Who is free from desires.
Who is free from afflictions.

Who is eternally free.
Who is not subject to change.
Who is beyond the sphere of multiplicity.
Who is not dependent on anything or anyone.
Who is eternally pure.
Who is the ever – awake Consciousness.
Who is flawless.
Who is without any division, being eternal by nature.

Who has no cause for Hersef, as she is the first cause.
Who is without any stain.
Who has no limitations.
Who has no over – lord.
Who is without passions.
Who destroys all passion in the minds of devotees.
Who is without pride.
Who destroys all pride.

Who is free from all doubts and anxieties.
Who is without any egoism.
Who is free from false view of things.
Who dispels all illusions.
Who is devoid of self-interest in any matter, as She includes everyting in Herself.
Who destroys the sense of self – centredness in devotees.
Who is sinless.
Who destroys sins together with the root of all sinful tendencies.

Who is without anger.
Who destroys the tendency to get angry.
Who is free from greed.
Who destroys greed in Her devotees.
Who has no doubts.
Who effaces all doubts.
Who is not involved in the cycle of births and deaths.
Who frees devotees from involvement in the cycle of births and deaths.

Who is without any modifications, as she is pure consciousness.
Who can never be sublated.
Who is beyond all differences.
Who destroys the sense of differences.
Who is deathless.
Who destroys the fear of death.
Who is without involvement in action.
Who needs no gift, as everything in the universe is hers.

Who is peerless.
Whose locks of hair are shining black colour.
Who is imperishable.
Who is indestructible.
Who is difficult to attain.
Who is hard to approach.
Who is difficult of access.
Who puts an end to sorrow.
Who bestows all happiness

I am very happy that you did indeed have a good day today. Very Happy Have another tomorrow Very Happy

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Embarassed

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: