Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

A writer joins the writer forum

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dr Paradise

A writer joins the writer forum  Reply with quote  

I am just looking around, sort of lost, can't get my bearings and forgive me if I can't seem to understand what I am supposed to do here. I am trying to figure out how I can become part of this platform to be of some benefit to mankind or the other kind as well.

I do a little writing myself, but really don't understand what it is I do. You can google me, follow links or just ask questions and you won't know much more than I do.

With this self-assassination, I assume that I am going to find someone who will tell me where to go, to get help that is.

I do a lot of writing, everyday as a matter of fact, I love it, can't get enough of it and want to finish a few books before I die. I am just finishing up a five book series to add to my previous books and look forward to working on the next batch. Life is fun, fun is life and having a fun life is serious business. I look forward to reading some of the posts here and I want to thank you for letting me join.
http://paradiseseries.embarqspace.com/

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lisa

Hello Dr Paradise. Welcome.

Boardello. Be gentle. Smile

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr Paradise

Just after the skirmish with the war party  Reply with quote  

A week later, they arrived at a small settlement on the banks of a river. The settlement was nothing more than a trading post, but obviously very often visited and heavily trafficked. The owner operated a ferry, supply store, and meeting place for all kinds of traders and travelers. He and his wife got along well with both Indians and Europeans as they were one of each. He was the Indian and she was the European. She was not a rugged, tough girl like one would expect, but a nice looking, easy going lady who was able to produce the best reactions from anyone who met her. She had left a convent in Europe at age sixteen and traveled to America where she met her husband who was a lead tracker for the Militia and for both, it was love at first sight.
They worked as traders, doctor, nurse, cook, and host and everything else that was needed on the frontier. Living here was unique in that they had no enemies and everyone within hundreds of miles knew of them and when they came near, they stopped to exchange goods, gifts and kind words. Alvy wondered why the rest of the world couldn'tít operate like this. He was the earthly power and she was the spiritual power and together they taught Alvy that he had to know and deal with both if he was going to survive in this new land. Their religion was not a named religion although she had been destined to become a member of a church and he a medicine man. Both had relinquished their rights to those positions for something they considered better and more meaningful to them. Each person has many choices in life and how one believes has a lot to do with the outcomes of thought and actions. We canít help but become what we think about and what we believe
http://paradiseseries.embarqspace.com/

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Well, you can go to the Who's Who forum & introduce yourself-
bring pie, it makes the strip search more... comfortable... Twisted Evil

Anyway, we have lots of fun forums so feel free to post yourself silly-
just look for THE RULES in the top of News & Noise so you know what you've gotten yourself into-
I'll have cocoa waiting in the lounge & somebody should be demanding that pie shortly...

Post Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Skippykelly

You also may want to post your work on the fan fiction section of the board, maybe you'll get feedback. There's a few authors here - Robert Tacoma surfs the site and occasionally you'll get some feedback from Chris "The Author Guy (AG)" himself.

Happy writing.

Post Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: