Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Holiday Greeting

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
C Gonzo

Holiday Greeting  Reply with quote  

HOLIDAY GREETING

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Twas the night before Christmas (sound familiar?), and all through the house, not a creature was stirring because three months earlier the f*#kin bank had foreclosed on the house. And half of the other houses on the block. Whoops! Wrong story. Actually, twas the night before the night before Christmas and Santa was sitting in an easy chair up there at the North Pole, having a hot toddy and thinking how he could make this Christmas more special than all of the previous ones. He had no problem with the children of the world, they seemed happy to just receive the toys that the elves made for them year after year. It was the adults who didnít seem all that happy. Especially in the U.S. of A. Since Santa was a guy who was capable of visiting some two billion households in the course of a twenty-four hour period, and was capable of sliding his fat ass down the smallest of chimneys with the wink of an eye, deciding what would make the world a happier place was not really that big a deal. So Santa thought about the situation for a mere matter of seconds and came up with a solution for his dilemma.

George and Dick were sitting on the patio at The Ranch, drinking Benromach, 55 year old Scotch Whisky, though they both claimed in public that they didnít drink anymore, discussing how they were going to divvy up the 1.45 trillion that they had recently finagled under the guise of "bailout". For them, at that moment on the night before Christmas Eve, life could not have been better. But that moment, like all of those gajillions before in all of time, rolled into the next, which presented a scenario for the two of them whereby life could not have been worse.
George and Dick found themselves with 942 billionaires, 9,498,998 millionaires, 518 members of the U.S. Congress, some 125,000 CEOs and their buddies (mostly lobbyists), and another 1,225,000 or so greedy, scrupulous world leaders, bankers, politicians (both former and present), doctors, lawyers, judges, and military thugs, who in their greed-lust had virtually made the world their own personal cesspool, and played a major role in keeping the majority of the people on the planet living in perpetual a state of fear. The Federal Reserve, the IRS, the AMA, the WTO, the WHO, CODEX, the FDA and the DEA were all well represented. George and Dick, and all of their fellow deviants, found themselves marooned on the most barren, desolate, wind blown, bug-infested island to ever exist on the planet. And with no way to escape. The mosquitoes, sand flies, chiggers and no-see-ums were experiencing nirvana. But the miscreants were not left there to just starve and be eaten alive. Oh no. They were left there with tons of irradiated, virus implanted meats. They were left with thousands upon thousands of pounds of genetically modified foods, which lacked most all of the vitamins, nutrients and minerals of the original and contained enough residual pesticide to kill an elephant. They were left with tons of pharmaceuticals including vaccines meant for babies and children that contained 100 times the legal limit of mercury. They were left with hundreds of pounds of the crack cocaine. They were left with every pack of commercial cigarettes, containing their thousand and one chemical ingredients, that existed on the planet. They were left with every type of sunscreen ever invented, from 5 to 60. They were left with planes continually flying overhead spraying them with a toxic concoction sure to make their immune systems weak and put their minds into a continual fog. They were left with cancer-causing microchips implanted in all of them (for their own good). And they were each left with a five gallon jug of chlorinated, fluoride-tainted tap water. Before each was a television, playing, at full volume, scenes of all of their lies, deceits and half-truths, with commercial breaks every two minutes, and no volume control or on/off switch. They each had a cell phone that continually rang and when they answered they were greeted by a recorded telemarketer selling everything from term life insurance to tampons. They never had a chance to call out. It was a place that even Dante could not have imagined.

The collective consciousness of humanity breathed a sighed of relief on the night before the night before Christmas, knowing that now they could go about the business of helping one another, sharing the planetís wealth and resources, and allowing the feeling of love to permeate the air they breathed. Santa was most satisfied with the results of his mischief, and we heard him exclaim as he rode out of sight, ďIím going for a beer in Maui, see ya tomorrow night.Ē

Best Wishes for a Wonder-Filled Holiday Season,
C. Gonzo

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

what blog is this a comment on?

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
C Gonzo

Yah, well, it ain't exactly a comment on any blog - I didn't really know where to put the damn thing so it wound up there - figured it was as good a place as any.

C. Gonzo

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:07 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

well down near the bottom of the form index page is a category called "fan fiction" which would be the best place for this.
- so you say, "but it's not fan fic" and we say - correct, but that's the place where original work is posted - there or news and noise. No one here writes what's known elsewhere as fan fic.

that little bit of business out of the way,
WELCOME - you don't know what you've wandered into.
First Read the RULES
Second introduce yourself in Who's Who
Third bring pie and prepare for the ACCSS
fourth join the mayhem and post often

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
C Gonzo

Hey Ginjg,

I hope I pronounced that right. Thanks for the info. If I do any more posting of fiction I'll keep that 'fan fiction' area in mind. I didn't even see that there when I first went snooping about this site - probably brain-fog from all of the chemtrails around here. I hate to tell you this, but there's now way I'm gonna 'READ THE RULES' - sorry - there's only two rules I live by: 1 - Find a way to break any man made rule you encounter.
2 - Feel love every now moment and everything else takes care of itself.
I have no idea what the ACCSS is - want to clue me in? I like that 'Love is our aim'.

Cheers,
C. Gonzo

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

dude im not a big fan of rules, but these are good ones ! check em out yo! its a good way to get a feel for what we are all about, which is not to say that im not a relative noobie, like you. i really like what you wrote, by the way, but its way more likely to get read in new and noise, or even politics (well not by me in politics, i hate to think about stuff, i just like to dish and gossip), but some of the more sophisticated members of this here family will probably give you some varying but intelligent points of veiw, and then there are those who will just talk a lotta shit, try to enjoy both approaches....and dont forget the pie, the last thing you want to deal wit is a fruitbat with low blood sugar!

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: