Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

PW Biteth No More
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Unc

PW Biteth No More  Reply with quote  

Cool, that PW's finally caught a clue. Cooler, that they've finally encountered an author who cares about his readers.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:00 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

Okay, so now I regret that I didn't renew PW. I won't be able to read the interview. I wonder if Suetu still has a subscription. They have it on their Web site, Twisted Christmas, but it may be available only to subscribers. I've posted the text in another message just to be sure everyone can read it.

That was a great way to start my morning, Chris. Good news for you. Warm, cozy feeling for me. Can it get any better than this? Well, yes, if Kerry wins, I think that beats this. But it's a tough call.

Last edited by Sara Leigh on Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:02 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tal

Sara Leigh wrote:
Okay, so now I regret that I didn't renew PW. I won't be able to read the interview. I wonder if Suetu still has a subscription.

I should be able to get it at the liberry and provide a copy via email for any who wish to look at it.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lauren

D00d! Not before my coffee! I teared up on that, Chris, because I'm unstable before the caffeine kicks in. I can't even watch those mastercard commercials with the lost dog before 10 AM without getting all sniffly.

All joking aside, that was really sweet. Thank you. Should I ever be lucky enough to get published, I'll be taking a page out of your book - I see how much we mean to you (and you know how much you mean to us), and think, "that's the way it should be". You're a good egg, AG.

Our office copy of PW makes its rounds slowly to the managers and departments. I think we're near the bottom of the list, so I should see the recent issue, oh, sometime in December. If it hasn't been linked or posted by then, I'll make copies. Just in time for warm Christmas fuzzies.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Sara Leigh

Scroll up for the link, Lauren.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lauren

Thanks, SL. I must have been typing as you posted it. That's a great article.

I really need to rally for my department to be first on the list. We sell the books, after all. What does the credit department care about PW?

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
JennyO

Chris,

Your books are what drew me here initially, but your relationship with your readers is what made me stay. I love logging on here and seeing you be funny, but I also love logging on and seeing you be passionate about something you really believe in. Quite frankly, that's why I like your books too. Beneath the jokes, there's always something deep (and I'm not talking about buried zombies either).

I'm glad to hear you need us as much as we need you.

And congratulations on the PW thing. Well deserved.

Jen

PS - I voted two weeks ago. You can do that in Texas. And I think it's even legal. Smile

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
John

Congrats on the article AG!

And thanks, you touched me, man. And not in the weird creepy sort of way either. Wink

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FattyFattyPorkFace

Dear Mr Moore,

Excellent news for PW...I bet they were cacking their pants at the thought of your posse turning up to beat their asses down on your behalf. I'm particularly grateful for the saving in travel expenses.

As for the remainder of your comments, thank you. Besides sounding like my Dad when he flew to Canada earlier this year (he did the whole will/bank account thing with my sister...I got, "I've told your sister where everything is...bye" Smile), it was wonderful to know that we can give you back some of what you've given to us through your books and your e-mails and your posts on this here forum.

I can relate a little...but only a little...from sending my CDs to people (people who asked generally, although, as you know, sometimes I've forced them on folk). Every now and then, someone gets in touch and tells me how they listened to a song or it helped them out or something. It's always kinda nice.

Anyway, best get back to work before they find out I'm being nice to people.

You rock, Mr Moore...like granite...or maybe basalt.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ginjg

I'm with Lauren. So early in the morning to learn that we matter. Now I'm going to go around all day with a smile.

I correspond with another author who is trying to get back on track following a long recooperation from an accident. What is it about authors and cars?. I wonder where his other readers are.

I'm warmed to learn that we add to your wellbeing as you add to ours.

Enough of this mushy stuff. Let's go throw the bastards out of office.

Bush, Kerry Sprint Toward Finish Line (AP)--Media P.O.W.'s prediction for Election Day, November 2, 2004: It's going to be Kerry, but it won't be merry.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sean

It's always nice to watch a person you like having success.

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:09 am   View user's profile Send private message
MikedeHilster

I'm new to this scene, so I didn't know that PW was so... non-discerning, but damn. What better way to find other people that think like you than to write some stories, send them out into the world and then interact with the people who like them? I mean, how else are you going to find all the people in the world that think the best way to deal with said world is to laugh your ass off at it but then get serious when the situation demands it?

The internet has given you a unique opportunity Chris, and thank you for taking advantage of it and us!

Now I'm going to put on my vigilante crime-fighting costume and go out and fight voter irregularities wherever they hide! I've just got to charge up my Hanging-Chad Blaster...

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:25 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lib

Chris, great news about PW!
Thanks for making this a fun and interesting place to visit. I wouldn't stay around if I thought you didn't care about your readers.
P.S.: Charlee rocks. Tell her thanks for sending out the TSA bookmarks, got mine Saturday. Very Happy

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
Unc

Re: PW Biteth No More  Reply with quote  

Sean wrote:
It's always nice to watch a person you like having success.

I'll second this. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but one of the greatest joys of my life was discovering you and realizing that not only was there someone out there in the world who was as weird as I am, he was getting away with it, and making money at it.

You're a veritable inspiration, dude. Cool

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
KEB

Yay AG, for all sorts of reasons especially breaking out of the funk. We need your powers of humor to battle the bad guys - sometimes the only way to get through to people is which a touch of silliness.

Add my name to the folks who really appreciate AG's direct contact with fans. I was so touched that Chris sent a personal response to my e-mail and took time to actually write a really funny note. That is a heck of lot more than my congresswoman does when I write her - I get form letters back that have nothing to do with the issues I tried to contact her about. So yay AG and thanks for all the smiles!

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: