Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

*whew*

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chelle

*whew*  Reply with quote  

Is it just me or is anyone else feel a giant weight has been lifted now that the elections are underway? Even if things dont turn out like I hoped....no more debating it or wondering. In a few short hours (ok possibly days) we will know. The dye is being cast as we speak. *whew*

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
KEB

Yes and no - there are so many dirty tricks being played that it will not be clear and might be contested for weeks. I think there is a relief that the campaign ads will stop but the fight will have just begun.

Sorry I have this awful feeling of a dread that I can't shake. Sad

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sean

I'm glad the campaigning part is over. I don't think we'll find out who actually won till next month though. And then we'll only have a year or so before the next group starts the ball rolling for 2008.

I'd like to put forth a Constitutional Ammendment that would change the President's term to 6 years and limit him/her to one term. That way he/she'd be in office long enough to try to accomplish some things but with no hope for reelection, they'd be more inclined to act in the best interest of the country without worrying about getting reelected.

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message
anti-social worker

I am left with the feeling of just spending my last fifty cents on a game of chance run by a one-eyed carny. I knew it was rigged, yet I still felt compelled to take a chance. Is this how democracy should be feeling? I am honestly surprised that I was able to ignore my own ethics and cast a vote for someone who can say that they want to "hunt down and kill" anyone. Is it even possible to be a pacifist in this world? I apologize for the drama of this, but it feels lousy.

Post Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: