Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

How the Terrorists Won - Chris's Rant
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Miss Betty

How the Terrorists Won - Chris's Rant  Reply with quote  

So CM, tell us how you really feel????

WOW - that's all I'm saying. I was under the impression that the votes weren't finished being counted - I'm slow like that. I was just settling in for an agonizing 3 month wait for New Mexico, Iowa & Ohio to make up their minds - til I read that.

So Bush actually pulled it off???? WOW - who knew? (well, other than bin Laden!) SO now what???? Do we all need to start wearing cowboy hats & speaking in riddles that have no actual meaning while re-vamping the modern Ebonics to a new form of Bushonics all the while blaming God for our choices????

So now what happen? Does Operation Iraqi Freedom become Veitnam 2004? Or, to quote a very wise - almost sage-like man - are we gonna "grow a set?"

(I was secretly hoping the Ralph Nader or that Pertoucka fellow would win - at least it would have been interesting.)

jmo

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mister

Nothing to fear but fear itself....

What the hell happened to that?

When did we become a nation ruled by fear? I suppose I should go actually read The Culture of Fear now...

I'm still hoping, though. There may still be some light. we have a few more hours. I'm just hoping my state doesn't end up going red on me. That will definitely signal my need to move somewhere a bit less...well... craptastic.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:29 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Unc

mister wrote:
I'm just hoping my state doesn't end up going red on me. That will definitely signal my need to move somewhere a bit less...well... craptastic.

Face it...if things go the way it looks like they're going to go, the whole country turned red on you.

France is lookin' pretty damned nice today.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
xnbach

Four more years of Terrorism  Reply with quote  

The other thing they kept throwing around was that people in the red states were voting morality. They felt that moral issues were more important than theh fact that the economy sucks and the rest of the planet hates us. They decided that Bush was the more moral leader.

What I am trying to wrap my head around is how a corrupt businessman who did a WHOLE lot of coke and palled around with the Bin Ladins is a better Christian than an altar boy who won medals in Viet Nam for saving the lives of others and goes to church every week.

My mind boggles.

Thom

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:17 am   
Dave S.

Re: Four more years of Terrorism  Reply with quote  

xnbach wrote:
What I am trying to wrap my head around is how a corrupt businessman who did a WHOLE lot of coke and palled around with the Bin Ladins is a better Christian than an altar boy who won medals in Viet Nam for saving the lives of others and goes to church every week.

Because it's not really about morals. Once again, it's about fear. These red state holy rollers are afraid of gays getting the same rights as heterosexuals. They're afraid tha god will punish them if they don't make a stand against abortion. It all boils down to fear. Fear of God and fear of terrorists. uugghhh!

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:25 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MikedeHilster

I am reduced to shouting DIE, BUSH DIE!!!

Last edited by MikedeHilster on Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:19 am   View user's profile Send private message
afc211

Chris, I couldn't agree with you more. I've been crying my eyes out because this, as you so perfectly said it, "SUCKS!" I can't take 4 more years.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:35 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
gretchenfaith

i have no words  Reply with quote  

I WANT TO KNOW - I want to know the answer to that question - how is Bush more MORAL than Kerry??? How is that lying s.o.b. the king of the holier-than-thou-ers??? He LIED. He SNORTED. He has killed more than 1100 Americans (and god only knows how many Iraqis). He steals from the poor to give to the rich??

Is anybody else wondering how "Joshua of Nazerath" got turned into a big ugly stick to beat people up with??

Is anybody else wondering what one has to do to practice law in the E.U. because I need to get OFF this continent.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Plastique Jesus

fear  Reply with quote  

I agree with you Chris about fear motivating folks to vote for Bush.

But what ticks me off is all of the "polling" that indicates that the number one issue for voters (even suposed independents) was moral values. Makes me want to wretch. Thousands dead in an unjustified war, economy in ruins, loss of our oldest allies, and people are STILL voting based on abortion, guns, gay marriage.

We are a nation of idiots and we deserve our mongoloid president.

Sorry so negative. Crying or Very sad

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
chelle

Curious George had the highest death row kill rate of any state in the nation when he was gov....and proud of it.

He has sent our men and women into a war zone to a war that cant be won....to die and to kill.

He wants to kill the bad guys.

BUT Georgie is a pro lifer and all human life is precious no matter how small. Shhhheeeeaaa Riiight. Thats why we have been so helpful to those poor people in the Sudan that have begged for help! (btw who are being murdered at a rate of ten thousand a month approx.) Thats why we have killed, maimed and taken over Iraq, I have no idea what is going on in Afganistan since we never see any news of it. Instead of being "Christian" and forgiving.....he favors execution. Oh yea....a pro lifer! Rolling Eyes

He has nurtured fear, hate and judgemenalism....Something that Jesus the Christ was not in favor of. It is clear in his teaching...even in the convuluted stories....love, dont fear, forgive. Wow. What concepts.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
mister

Moral values:

Secrecy. Giving the public access is wrong, and a moral president will isolate himself as much as possible from the press and public, not to mention dissenting opinion.

Fanaticism. Deny all contrary viewpoints, even when you lose the benefit of fact. See also: Damage control.

Keep'em comin, folks.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
KEB

Another thing with the anti-abortion crowd for Bush. I am almost certain if you look at the miscarraige rates resulting from relaxed pollution controls they increase far outnumber voluntary abortions. Time to rebrand Pro-Life to something much more accurate.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jillybeans

Embarassed I've really got to apologize to you, Chris and Think. That's my way of dealing with stuff that makes me anxious when I said both of you needed to lighten up. Crying or Very sad

What scares me most? It's going to happen again. My story? I came into Boston four days prior to 9/11. Came for school. Worked hard for it. Didn't get it. Ended up in a shelter. Worked my way out of it and pulled it off only to lose my job. A lot of people did, not just me. So here we go again, personally, domestically, globally. I'm not as frightened of Bin Laden as I am of this administration. So Baby Bush is protecting us from the boogeyman. Who's protecting us from him? I just wish I knew what people were thinking when they voted for this guy.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Timmy

Ignorance is Bliss.....  Reply with quote  

It's absolutely amazing to me that people can be so......well....LEMMINGLIKE (might not be a word but who cares) My poor wife made the mistake of actually telling her co-workers that she was a democrat and voting Kerry, they immediately tried to pursuade her differently, one of them even said "I know you were raised better than that" One girl said she was against Kerry because he was for stem cell research and that if we went ahead with that there would be more abortions.....pardon me? You can't harvest stem cells from an aborted fetus?! The problem that I have way down here in the south is that ignorance rules the day....hell I tend to look for opposable thumbs before starting any kind of conversation.....that said, I'm appalled that people have voted Shrub into office because of this pervasive atmosphere of fear. Fear not only of "them there terrorists, hell Bin Laden, Hussein, don't make no difference to me...they all in cahoots" but of truly stupid things like what I might be doing in MY bedroom with the lights off.....unbelieveable......simply unbelieveable.....

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Lib

Chris, at least you can be proud of the state you live in.

Post Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: