Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Greetings from NOLA!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CarbonFragments

Greetings from NOLA!  Reply with quote  

Been lurking for a long while…about 2 months to be honest. Decided its best to stop hiding in the shadows and actually be able to answer/ talk with ya’ll (other then just talking to my computer screen when at work). I’ve gone over the Rules and here I sit in my cubical on all of AG’s books completely naked. I did however paint a likeness of my shirt on my back incase the boss walks by.

I also have fashioned my older AG books that went for a swim a few years back into a mighty throne for me and my fiancé to sit upon nude when at home. Oh and AG, your rock for finding a way to get her to get naked all the time for me. For that, I salute you.

Now comes to the Pies. I bring an assortment of them: Apple, Cherry, Pecan (We say PA-CON, not PEE-CAN), Pumpkin, Rhubarb err…let me see…Meat Pies oh and this one that is basically a bunch of fruit all glazed over sitting on some type of cream cheesy stuff in a pie shell. Believe me its good.

Presently I am a Geographer/Anthropologist working in a gray carpeted box...oh the horror.
Futurely (yea so I make up words) I am going back to school for English/ Creative Writing.

Hokay, let my beatings begin.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

Wow! Great week so far, first another Canadian, and now another Geographer! I also work in a gray carpeted box, most of the time.

So, rules - check, strip - check (I like the idea of painting the shirt on the back - that would have come in handy...), stack - check...uh...beatings? Oh, are you ever in for a surprise, dude.

Paging JOE!!!

Welcome, I'm sure more freaks will be along shortly to say hello. Laughing

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Lavandula Girl

PA-CON, huh? I grew up in Connecticut, where we speak through our clenched teeth, so we say peh-CAHN. I saw a pecan pie on TV that was supposed to be from Louisiana that looked like the custard-y part was like caramel. Know anything about one of those?

Good job at following the rules. Hopefully Zen will bring you cocoa prior to the, well, what should come AFTER the cocoa.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
vampirelover

***Waves***

Welcome to the craziness!!
Follow the rules and you should be fine seeing how funny you are and all...

I'd love some pecan and some apple pie...please

"I love you, even more than pie" -FOOL

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CarbonFragments

Thanks for the warm greetings thus far everyone!

Lavandula Girl, did you see that Pecan pie in True Blood? Because that REALLY isn't what it looks like when we make it. It looks like it is supposed to look, not like baby poop with nuts on the top.

Wingnut, Your a Geographer too?! Cool man, did you get suckered into it with all the cool stuff they say we can do, then get tied down to a desk doing GIS like me?

Vampirelover, you may have all the Pecan and Apple pie you like!

As for me, the Lady just brought home some "buttermilk drops" Time to get naked, sit on some books and eat!

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

OMFG... you have made Wingnut's day... now he has someone to talk map stuff with who might actually pay attention instead of smiling and nodding Laughing Laughing

Welcome to the board... since you've got pie and yer naked all that's left it to wait for Joe... don't worry, the powers that be have made him start taking off the rings before the ACCS Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wingnut

CarbonFragments wrote:

Wingnut, Your a Geographer too?! Cool man, did you get suckered into it with all the cool stuff they say we can do, then get tied down to a desk doing GIS like me?

I am totally a GIS guy! The upside is that in the summer, when the weather is nice, I actually get to go play in the trees (and get paid for it!!). Somewhere in an old post is a pic of me standing next to a 9ft by 14ft mosaic map I made of my island (Vancouver Island, BC).

Lep, dammit, I totally called you on that, and you gave me some bullshit about you having "Smile And Nod Syndrome." Beyatch.

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Lavandula Girl

As a matter of fact, it was on True Blood. What the hell was up with that pie? Maybe Anna Paquin won't eat regular old pie. I couldn't decide what it was, so I decided it was melted Kraft caramels.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

Wingnut wrote:
CarbonFragments wrote:

I am totally a GIS guy! The upside is that in the summer, when the weather is nice, I actually get to go play in the trees (and get paid for it!!). Somewhere in an old post is a pic of me standing next to a 9ft by 14ft mosaic map I made of my island (Vancouver Island, BC).

Lep, dammit, I totally called you on that, and you gave me some bullshit about you having "Smile And Nod Syndrome." Beyatch.

Yeah and see what just happened here?!?!? If I'd have laid money in Vegas I'd be rolling in a big pile of sweaty ones right now Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

* leaves the room while smiling and nodding *

- "Bones"

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
walk

HOWDY HOWDY HOWDY!!!

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

See, now this is a majorly hoopy frood who really knows where his towel's at. OK, I'd've liked to have seen maybe a little chocolate cream pie, but he did provide a well-rounded selection from which to choose, so rock on and welcome!!!

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lavandula Girl

Sephonae wrote:
this is a majorly hoopy frood who really knows where his towel's at

Heh heh heh... Captain Legoman, the 10 year old, just started reading Douglas Adams... I've been getting quotes read aloud for 2 days now. Thanks, Zaphod... I mean Seph.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:26 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Lavandula Girl wrote:
Sephonae wrote:
this is a majorly hoopy frood who really knows where his towel's at

Heh heh heh... Captain Legoman, the 10 year old, just started reading Douglas Adams... I've been getting quotes read aloud for 2 days now. Thanks, Zaphod... I mean Seph.

That's what you get for scaring the ever-loving shit outta me with that God-awful AV, my dear. Razz

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lavandula Girl

Bah. You know you love it! Cool

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message
CarbonFragments

Funny, Lavandula Girl, I knew what you were talking about as soon as you described that horrid looking pie.

Howdy Walk, an may I add that I too have a turtle on my forearm. Very similar to the same style on your back. Nice taste.

Not fair that you get to go outside Wingnut. I got tied on with a Engineering firm doing very basic GIS things. I probably wouldn't mind if they let me outta my box sometimes.

Well until the morrow my new friends.

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: