Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

More New Meat
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
E. Q. Taft

More New Meat  Reply with quote  

Hey there, folks!

For Christmas 2007, some friends gave me a copy of Lamb. That was the beginning; a few months later I bought a copy of You Suck. Once I'd been exposed to the journals of Abby Normal, there was no going back.

Since then, I've read all of the AG's books except Fluke, which I'm sure I will get to soon, and of course the imminent one. (Only 21 days between Obama's inauguration and a new Moore book -- 2009 is shaping up well.) Will go into more detail on each at some point in the future I am sure, but suffice to say, love 'em.

Me: I'm 47, tall, male, single, and odd. I live in San Diego, though I am in Camarillo at the moment for work reasons -- I do traffic surveys. Apart from reading, main activities include gaming, eating, sleeping, watching video, and insomnia. Other things that make me laugh include Douglas Adams, the Marx Brothers, Monty Python, Flanders & Swann, Groo the Wanderer, Weird Al Yankovic, and My Name is Earl. When not here, I can often be found online playing City of Heroes, lurking or posting on the Urban Legends Message Boards, or reading Mark Evanier's marvelous blog..

As for pie, this time of year it's probably either the French Silk from Baker's Square, or the banana cream from Marie Callender's. summerime, though, it's their fresh strawberry with whipped cream.

Now, you tell me what you know...
To get a little feel
of my own faulty bagnose.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vampirelover

well get naked and have some pie in hand...it'll score ya brownie points during the strip search...
now just have fun with the rest of the crazies here!! Laughing Very Happy
welcome

"I love you, even more than pie" -FOOL

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
walk

HHHHHOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYY!

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

Traffic surveys? Is that like, you wait at the intersection, and when the light turns red you jump out at unsuspecting motorists, and start asking them questions?

"Excuse me sir and or madame, can I ask you a couple of quick questions? On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being totally disagree, 10 being totally agree, how would you rate your red-light-waiting experience today?"

That's what I'm picturing, anyway.

Welcome!

Read the rules.

Bring pie.

Have fun. Very Happy

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Watching The Wheels

Pie! Well done.
Your ACCSS will be less.... no, it will still be painful. But we appreciate the Pie. Thanks. Welcome aboard! Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
leprrkan

Single and odd... Joe is gonna loooooooooooooooooooove you Laughing

Welcome to the board Very Happy

- "Bones"

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yaotzin

Dude this is awesome! I'm not the lowest on the food chain anymore! Welcome the forums!

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
E. Q. Taft

leprrkan wrote:
Single and odd... Joe is gonna loooooooooooooooooooove you Laughing

Welcome to the board Very Happy

I asked myself, "Joe who?"

Then came back the answer that was popular around my high school: "Joe Mama!"

Amazing what the brain cells choose to retain, when in the meantime I can't find my car keys.
To get a little feel

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sephonae

You had me at French Silk.

Welcome.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Lavandula Girl

Y'all should check his photo in the pictures thread.... he looks eerily like his avatar.

French silk, huh? Sounds like a pretty sexy pie. You might need to make two.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Lavandula Girl wrote:
French silk, huh? Sounds like a pretty sexy pie. You might need to make two.[/color]

Three would be better. Or, you know, 30.

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
girlEgirl

mmmmm french silk! um i mean hi there! Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
E. Q. Taft

Lavandula Girl wrote:
Y'all should check his photo in the pictures thread.... he looks eerily like his avatar.

I made the avatar from a South Park character maker, so it's supposed to. Thanks though. Smile

As far as the French Silk pie, it's about the only dessert I actually eat slowly.
To get a little feel

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
zendao42

Sephonae wrote:
Lavandula Girl wrote:

French silk, huh? Sounds like a pretty sexy pie. You might need to make two.

Three would be better. Or, you know, 30.

Yep, with all these hungry fruitbats around here, it won't go to waste! Wink

Very Happy Welcome!

Have some cocoa, it'll warm you for the strip search & be so good with that pie... Cool

Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
girlEgirl

E. Q. Taft wrote:
Lavandula Girl wrote:

I made the avatar from a South Park character maker, so it's supposed to. Thanks though. Smile

As far as the French Silk pie, it's about the only dessert I actually eat slowly.

i think she was talking about joe looking like his avatar, but i could be completely wrong....incidently i looked all through the sticky picture thread , and couldnt find his pic. does he wear a rubber glove in it.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: