Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Win-Win
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Unc

Win-Win  Reply with quote  

Nice story. Nice rant. Nice way to look at it.

Grabbin' ass over here, boss... Cool

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dave S.

Thanks, Chris. You've succeeded in cheering me up a bit. Before reading that I certainly wasn't thinking that way, but the way you're able to make lemonade when all we got is lemons does make me smile. Thanks again, AG! Laughing

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sara Leigh

That's what I like about you. It's a kind of Pollyanna approach to the outcome, but with that extra-special, patented CM twist (patent pending).

Thanks for the story. I really like the way Uncle Johnny thinks.

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Lib

Liked the story, CM. However, people are giving weird looks here at work. Confused

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:29 am   View user's profile Send private message
mandi

as someone who is desperately grasping at any and all positive, humorous and perhaps drug-and-or-alcohol induced ways to cope, this is a good one. thanks to both you and uncle johnny (who looks kinda pirate-y in my mind's eye. argh.)

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:43 am   View user's profile Send private message
KEB

Thanks AG! As always humor helps against the bad guys.

I am still walking around dazed that so many people bought into the moral values propaganda - any stories that could help me face that one a bit easier?

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:33 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

YES!

This makes me smile! Thanks AG and Uncle Johnny.

You know, my dad always told a story about the difference between an optimist and a pessimist. They were both given a gift one day and the pessimest opened the box and he whined "all I got was a box of manure!"
The optimist opened his box and he dug and dug through the manure and said "I know there's a pony in here somewhere!"

I used to groan when dad told me that story. The older I get now though, I know dad was right. We have to do the work though. My sister and I work together and are very close. Many days we here someone moaning about something not being fair etc. and we just have to look at each other and wink and one of us will say "find the pony."

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lib

Quote:
Posted by Jo: You know, my dad always told a story about the difference between an optimist and a pessimist. They were both given a gift one day and the pessimest opened the box and he whined "all I got was a box of manure!"
The optimist opened his box and he dug and dug through the manure and said "I know there's a pony in here somewhere!"

I've always wanted a horse, now there should be plenty to go around.

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message
MikedeHilster

I guess it's time to break out the "Don't Blame Me..." Bumper stickers.

Thanks, Chris, feeling better.

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Taco Bob

the Bush Legacy  Reply with quote  

Yep, I don't doubt for a minute that George W Bush will go down in history books as the worst president in modern times. All the 'necks so proud of their boy now won't be so thrilled in a couple years.
We still got troops in Iraq a year or two from now, should be all the ingredients for some Vietnam-era type war protests in the streets. Give the students something to do.
Edwards just has to hope things aren't screwed beyond fixing by 2008, when he should be a shoe-in for the job.

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

Does it matter whose ass we grab? I mean, we might as well make the best of it, right?

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lib

Chris, I copied your Win-Win story and give it to a guy I work with (let's just say he's not a Bush fan). He asked me who had written it. I told about you and how great your books are. He wrote down you name, so I'm sure he'll be checking them out. He'll probably be so grateful he'll get me a Christmas present. Laughing

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chelle

Damn, I was gonna make the grabbin someone elses ass comment!

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Cathy

Location: Austin_an island of blue surrounded by a sea of red.

Thanks Mr. Moore, you rant good. I've been enjoying this site as an outsider for a while. But it's time I joined the conversation.

I really like what your saying and this point of view crossed my mind when the Dems first nominated Kerry as our candidate. I never really cared for Kerry but thought that any Dem would have to be crazy to get themselves into THIS race. The total mess that would be inherited by actually winning would never be reversible and once again, we would be seen as the bad left-winged (shudder) liberal guys.

I am still in semi shock but aware enough to know if the Dems don't rethink a helluva lot there are going to be a bunch of Republican presidents in our future.

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
anti-social worker

As folks have been mentioning, the humor element does take some of the sting out of the election results. Myself, I need music to get me through any tough time. My question to you all is what songs should be included on a CD designed to ease us out of these political blues? I would be very interested in your thoughts. Personally, I am thinking of starting it off with Dylan's "Don't Think Twice, Its All Right", as it is a perfect song of breaking with the old and moving on to the new, but not without a final shot at setting the record straight - "you just kind of wasted my precious time, but don't think twice, its all right".

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:52 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: