Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

Author Guy Fans Save the Economy, And Get Free Fun!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sparky~

Author Guy Fans Save the Economy, And Get Free Fun!  Reply with quote  

http://blog.chrismoore.com/

Author Guy Fans Save the Economy, And Get Free Fun!
January 27th, 2009 · 10 Comments
Everyone is saying two things about the economy. First, it won’t get better until people start spending money, and it won’t get better until banks start lending money.

I know that you guys are going to do your part by buying Fool when it comes out, and books are expensive. You guys are going to fix the economy by making that simple purchase. And banks will be all, “Hey, they put this book on thier card. Let’s lend out some of this major bank that the congress gave us.”

So, in thanks to you, until February 10, when Fool comes out, you can read A Dirty Job, my 9th and very funny book, for free. FREE! No, you can’t download it, or save it, but you can read it.

Here:
READ A DIRTY JOB FREE!

Have Fun!

PS: PS. Hey, I know you most of you guys are saying you’ve read this book already (bless you, my children), but what a great opportunity to turn a friend on to giant hellhounds and other Dirty Job goodness without risking losing your own precious, glow in the dark copy. Send them the link.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:27 am   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

good idea sparky!

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wonko

Well... Harper Collins has doomed the economy. No recovery for the US because the AG's publishers are too cheap to do a real tour. In the past, I would buy a copy of a new AG book on the day it came out, and then buy several more at the signing in Scottsdale in order to give signed copies as gifts. Now HC has decided that they want to ruin Chris' plans to save the economy by not allowing me to give signed copies as gifts, I am being forced to undermine the financial stability of the country by only buying one book.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Yeah, to say nothing of all the peanut butter toast we're missing... Sad

Just remember, you can still buy Reese's cuz they make their own! Wink

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

zen, regular peanut butter in jars is okay to eat. It's the peanut stuff that was headed for other products that caused the trouble.

Or, so I heard...

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:20 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

mllefifi wrote:

zen, regular peanut butter in jars is okay to eat. It's the peanut stuff that was headed for other products that caused the trouble.

Or, so I heard...

Yep, that's why all Reese's stuff is on the safe list...

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

grumble, duplicate, grumble.

Last edited by knikkki on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
knikkki

I posted this on the Blog too.

Chris, I've been promoting A Dirty Job and Fool at my book group, but one of the readers pointed out that only up to page 62 is currently available and then it goes to the acknowledgments.

Do you think they'll open up the whole book again until the 10th?

You can see the group here

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: