Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

WIN COOL FOOL STUFF!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sparky~

WIN COOL FOOL STUFF!  Reply with quote  

http://blog.chrismoore.com/

WIN COOL FOOL STUFF!
January 27th, 2009

Iím starting to feel like Billy Mays, that guy that sells Oxy Clean on TV by screaming at you. (Who, I would, by the way, like to see in a death match with Chris Matthews, a yell-off, if you will.)

But still. Can you believe it?!!! William Morrow is going to give away a bunch of Fool hats, signed copies of Fool, and an Iphone, to the readers who posts the funniest pictures of themselves, their kid, or the pets, or all three, and their copy of Fool on the site below.

I know, you canít get your pictures in quite yet, but a lot of you have access to an advanced readers copy, I think that counts. Iíve been wearing my Fool hat around town for about a month, and I can tell you, it gets attention.

Details are forthcoming.

WIN COOL FOOL STUFF!

Last edited by Sparky~ on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:31 am   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

The WIN COOL FOOL STUFF! link on the blog site has been disabled by Myspace for being spam, apparently. Shocked

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Sparky~

weird, eh? I didn't hyperlink it for that reason....

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

Wingnut wrote:
The WIN COOL FOOL STUFF! link on the blog site has been disabled by Myspace for being spam, apparently. Shocked

Is it disabled or it just has a warning screen? Because it works for me.

Virtually every link that takes you out of MySpace has a warning screen.

Someone check.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
18Rabbit

It redirects to the MySpace 404 error page: http://www.myspace.com/Error404msp.aspx

Quote:
The link you are trying to visit has been disabled.

You have reached a link that is no longer in service. That means the link was very naughty, and, much like head lice, had to be eliminated before it spread.

You may be asking yourself, 'Hey, what was it about that link that got it in trouble?' An excellent question! Usually, it's one of the following reasons:

- The link was spam! No one likes spammers, and we don't like their links.

- You almost got phished! There are people out there who want to steal your MySpace password. They want to log in as you and send spam, harass your friends, change your profile, and generally run amok. Phishing pages are usually designed to look like MySpace to trick you. Other sites may also ask for your MySpace login information to customize your profile, insert videos or slide shows, track visitors, or any number of other things.Don't make it easy for them. ONLY USE YOUR MYSPACE LOGIN INFO ON WWW.MYSPACE.COM!!

- Viruses are not fun! Neither is adware, spyware, or malware. We cut the links to places that are known sources of infection.

If you really did want to check out some spam, viruses, or phishing pages, we're really sorry to have interrupted. We're sure you can find it elsewhere. There's plenty on the Internet

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

Thanks, Rabbit.

This is profoundly fucked up. The online marketing people at Harper are high.

Okay.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Vixen Jules

How do I get a job as an online marketing person at Harper?

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wingnut

Vixen Jules wrote:

Hehehehe Laughing Laughing

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Sparky~

Vixen Jules wrote:

LOL

The link worked fine for me yesterday but not anymore...

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sparky~

hmmmmm.... now working again

WIN COOL FOOL STUFF

I'll add it into the first post as well

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Skippykelly

Yes yes, free FOOL stuff, that's all great but it seems as though the most important question here, raised by Vixen is how does one land a marketing position at Harper?? Which leads me to ask; does Harper supply the drugs or do you have to bring your own???

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lisa M

I suspect I am the only person who thought the Fool hat would be, well, a fool hat. Like Chris has.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: