Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

DC Booksigning Video
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sugarraydodge

DC Booksigning Video  Reply with quote  

Sup peeps. Just got home and I am absolutely wired. I had a total blast tonight in DC with my fellow Fruitbats and meeting AG for the first time in person. I videotaped the entire event and am in the process of editing it for the YouTubes. I am not going to post it all, just the funniest/non-getting-Chris-sued-iest parts. Most of it should be up by morning because I honestly don't see myself sleeping for a while...

Edit: Okay, that thing I said about not going to sleep just now? Yeah, that's not gonna fly because the tired just hit me all at once. I'm uploading part 1 now and the rest tomorrow. Smile

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

Yep, get some rest- we'll be waiting when you're ready... Wink

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sugarraydodge

Okay guys. I'm awake and the editing is done. Like I said, this isn't everything, just the parts I thought were the funniest/the best. There are some things that I thought were really funny that I left out, and people who were there will know why I did. So here it is.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0scSOppA0iw
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf7rIHZeRmg
Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC6CX_5pfDE

I have also put it up on my own website where they are all in one place.

http://sugarraydodge.com/2009/02/28/christopher-moore-fool-booksigning/

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
DanaMichelle

That was great! I love how in part two Chris makes fun of Jeff!! I wish he would've done the squirrel voice when quoting him though...

Chris didn't tour in Michigan this year (although he did the book club with us here), so it was wonderful to not have to miss out on all the fun! THanks SRD!

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sara Leigh

Good job, sugarray! It was great meeting you. Dinner was fun as well as the extended chat time we all had, waiting for the couple hundred or so people to get their books signed so we could all have our moment with Chris. And what was up with that guy in the hat who went last?

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sugarraydodge

Sara Leigh wrote:
Good job, sugarray! It was great meeting you. Dinner was fun as well as the extended chat time we all had, waiting for the couple hundred or so people to get their books signed so we could all have our moment with Chris. And what was up with that guy in the hat who went last?

I'm glad someone else noticed that. I think he may have been homeless or crazy or something, but far be it for me to judge.

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sparky~

Sara Leigh wrote:

did you get to meet walk before she headed back to the frozen tundra?!

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sugarraydodge

Oh, and by the way...

Chris. I don't know if I properly communicated this to you last night and if I didn't I'm sorry, but it was an absolute honor and a privilege to meet you. Your work has had a major creative influence on me and I am super-glad that you still write. Thanks for everything that you do for us. Smile

Edit: ALSO. I had no idea (well, a little bit of one, but still) that the people I met from this board would be so friendly and quite interesting. I mean, I knew that we were a bunch of characters, but I was blown away at how friendly and charming everybody was to me, and I'm a complete stranger. Thanks for making me feel welcome. It truly was the most fun I've had since the new year. Smile

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Susan

It was great fun to meet you, too, Republicanism notwithstanding. Wink

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
girlEgirl

THANK YOU!!!! i just wish there were subtitles!!!

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sara Leigh

Sparky~ wrote:
Sara Leigh wrote:

did you get to meet walk before she headed back to the frozen tundra?!

No, sadly I wasn't able to meet up with her. I managed to totally screw up and ran out of time. Sad Guess this means I have to get myself out to the frozen tundra sometime. Maybe when it's warm there? Does it ever really get warm there?

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

Thank you, sugarraydodge! That was wonderful!

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jaandlu

Thanks for the videos sugarraydodge! Great stuff! No matter how many times I see it, it's a treat.

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
girlEgirl

although you may still be a noOBie, you are by no means a stranger. i get what you mean about meeting fruitbats for the first time. when i mat bleu and elliot in seattle, i felt like i was reuniting with long lost family , except i actually really like them. Wink

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Watching The Wheels

It was totally great getting to meet the DC Fruitbats again at the dinner/book signing Friday night! An awesome group of people. Very Happy (I apologize in full if anyone now has the cold from hell.)

If only SRD had taken the subway home. Two stops from Politics & Prose, a giant group of people sporting "College Republicans" buttons jumped on the subway car. SRD would have been in all his glory Wink

And it was my first time getting to meet the AG. What a genuinely, super-nice guy! He took my general social awkwardness in stride. Smile

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: