Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Set Picture From My Play
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jester85

Set Picture From My Play  Reply with quote  

This is the set of A Streetcar Named Desire which goes up Friday March 13 at Kent Trumbull campus. I play Steve Hubbell, friend of the main male character Stanley Kowalski, and live upstairs.

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JustAGirl

Oooo, have fun! I love me some Tennessee Williams.

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:44 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jester85

Last rehearsal tonight!

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
leprrkan

Break a leg!

- "Bones"

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mllefifi

leprrkan wrote:
Break a leg!

That's about what Tonya Harding tried to do!

'cept it was someone else's leg...

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jester85

The play went up to a great opening last night! The audience laughed uproariously when my "wife" throws me out of the house, but were deathly silent when Stanley slaps Stella and Blanche is taken away at the end. Everyone seemed enthusiastic and appreciative, and all involved in cast and crew performed excellently.

A few pictures for your perusal:

The boys playing poker. Left to right, Tom Burd as Stanley Kowalski, David Ruple as Pablo, me as Steve Hubbell (red shirt, holding cards), Joe Toto as Harold "Mitch" Mitchell.

[/img]

Amy Burd (Tom's wife onstage and off) as Stella, and Pam Wilterdink as Blanche Dubois. Pam is an area native who has lived in NYC for 19 years and returned as a guest actress for her dream role of Blanche.

Real-life husband and wife local theater regulars Tom and Amy Burd as Stanley and Stella. Everyone did excellently, but Tom is really a powerhouse. His rages are explosions, and his "STELLA!" is great too.

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

Smile Smile Smile

YAY Jester! I can't wait to see the play next Friday!

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

I had a grand time as Pablo when I was in college, but the last production of that show which I worked on was so bad I left at intermission.

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jester85

Quote:
I had a grand time as Pablo when I was in college, but the last production of that show which I worked on was so bad I left at intermission.

Ugh....Streetcar is NOT a play you can half-ass. There's nothing more painful to sit through than a really badly-done play.

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
girlEgirl

ooh i wish i coulda seen it! but you should post this in news an noise so that everyone can see it. is theatre your major? are you gonna be a famous actor some day? can we say, we knew you "when" ? Very Happy

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jester85

Quote:
but you should post this in news an noise so that everyone can see it.

Is there a way to have the whole thread moved there?

Quote:
is theatre your major?

No, I'm a history education major. I just dabble in acting on the side for fun.

Quote:
are you gonna be a famous actor some day? can we say, we knew you "when" ?

Hehe, when I was a kid it was my aspiration, but I don't think I could handle the uncertainty and risk of trying to be a professional actor, and 99% of them never make it very far.

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
girlEgirl

Jester85 wrote:
Quote:
but you should post this in news an noise so that everyone can see it.

Is there a way to have the whole thread moved there?

Quote:
is theatre your major?

No, I'm a history education major. I just dabble in acting on the side for fun.

Quote:
are you gonna be a famous actor some day? can we say, we knew you "when" ?

Hehe, when I was a kid it was my aspiration, but I don't think I could handle the uncertainty and risk of trying to be a professional actor, and 99% of them never make it very far.

i think that if you pm ken, he can move it with no problem.its not a big deal, its just that more people will see it there. history is cool. my little brother memorized the encyclopedic history of the world when he was 16.

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mllefifi

Jester85 wrote:
[...] I don't think I could handle the uncertainty and risk of trying to be a professional actor, and 99% of them never make it very far.

But they are certain to work in restaurants.

Wink

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jo

Location: Near here, on Tuesdays, but just on the days that end with nth. Like 3nth.

Smile Smile Smile I just got back from seeing this play. It was great! Our Jester did a fine job indeed! Jester, I think you should do thousands of plays!

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jester85

Thanks for the promotion Jo Wink

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: