Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Blog Comments

New blog post: FAQs from the FOOL TOUR

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mllefifi

New blog post: FAQs from the FOOL TOUR  Reply with quote  

chris wrote:
April 4th, 2009

FOOL TOUR FAQS
Hey kids, I finally finished all the scheduled events for the Fool tour. Thanks to everyone who came so I thought Iíd address all the questions you asked and didnít get to ask while I was out there.

1. Youíre taller than I thought youíd be.

1. Thatís not a question.

2: Okay. How come you donít go on Jon Stewart.

2. They havenít asked me because Jon Stewart doesnít care about white people.

3. How come you didnít come to my town?

3. Because I donít care about white people.

4. Do I need to read King Lear before I read Fool in order to get the jokes.

4. Absolutely not. If anything, if you havenít read it already, Iíd read the play or watch a DVD of it after you read Fool. I think the best DVD of Lear is the BBC production with Lawrence Olivier as Lear. If you get a chance, though, go see it live. It really works (not surprisingly) better as a play than as a movie.

5. Where can I get one of those hats you wear when you sign books.

5. I donít know. The hat gnome left this one on my couch.

6. Did you get a lot of hassle over Lamb from Christians and right wingers.

6. Nope. People like that book.

7. Can you read my story and tell me if itís any good?

7. No. I donít need to read it. It is good. Very good. Youíre amazing.

8. Donít be a dick. I know you canít read peopleís stories for legal and time concerns, but I need help.

8. No you donít. Youíre awesome. You should get a copy of the Writerís Market, find out how to write a query letter, and start sending that mama-jama out.

9. Okay then, Iím taking screenwriting in college and Iíd like to adapt your book Lamb (or others) and make a film. Is that okay?

9. No. You canít adapt a script from a property you donít own the rights to, and I canít give you permission, even if I wanted to, because I donít own the rights either because I sold them to people who are busy not making movies of them.

10: Are you going to write a sequel to Lamb?

10. No. I think that story is finished and anything I would come up with you would say fell short. (Admit it, you would.)

11. What are you working on now?

11. Iím finishing up Bite Me: A Love Story, the third in the San Francisco vampire series.

12. What do you like to read?

12: I like funny novels, of course, but increasingly my reading time is taken up with research material. You can find a lot of books Iíve enjoyed at Chrisís Picks on my web page. Right now Iím reading The Masterpiece by Emile Zola, The World Gone Away, by Nick Harkaway, and a bunch of Marvel Comics that the publisher sent me. (Yeah, Iím friends with the guys at Marvel. Wolverine was at my house for Thanksgiving last year. Heís like, ďLet me carve the turkey! Let me carve the turkey!Ē And Iím all, ďWhatever, Ginsu, just try to keep your sideburns out of the frigginí giblets. ď)

13: Are any movies being made of your books?

13.No. Most of the books have sold or have been optioned. Currently I have the rights back to A Dirty Job, Lust Lizard, Fluke, Coyote Blue and Fool. All but Fool have been in development at film companies, which is movie talk for not making a movie. Stage rights are the same thing.

14. What about A Dirty Job sequel? Any chance?

14. That one I would consider. I really like writing the characters. Iíll have to think about it and see how it fits into my schedule.

15. Why donít you write a young adult book or a kidsí book so I can give them to my kids?

15. Because if they were kidsí books they wouldnít be my books, would they? You need to give kids an incentive to grow up other than they can have cake for breakfast. Youíll thank me later.

16. When is your next book coming out?

16. I canít say for sure, but Iíd guess summer or fall 2010. Hopefully by then Iíll be able to visit some of the towns that have been missed because Iíve been touring in February the last couple of books.

17. How come you donít ever come to Canada on tour.

17. Because Canada is a myth people made up to entertain children, like the Tooth Fairy. Thereís no such place.

You can submit your own questions for ďAsk the AuthorGuy in the comments and Iíll do a blog on them later. They can be about anything, not just Author Guy related stuff.

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
girlEgirl

wouldnt it be cool if chris had his own show? and wrote a new book every day like nora roberts does?

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Ya know, we need to start Fruitbat con! Cool

It'd have been great if the AG was at the chocolate festival, just saying... Wink

We went yesterday, for the first time since they started it locally-
they had a marshmallow gun & fresh-squeezed lemonade (& limeade),
but guess what I didn't have? Rolling Eyes

Now I did have something called ribbon fries,
which were almost potato chips, but it wasn't a potato festival...

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sgt_steve

Re: New blog post: FAQs from the FOOL TOUR  Reply with quote  

chris wrote:
14. What about A Dirty Job sequel? Any chance?

14. That one I would consider. I really like writing the characters. Iíll have to think about it and see how it fits into my schedule.
I mentioned this at the book discussion, but in case it slips through the cracks - I'd love to see Sophie meet the little boy from Coyote Blue. After all, think about who his uncle is.

I give this idea away freely, under no obligation, yadda, yadda.

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: