Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

miss america / gay marriage
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
L.P. Bowman

miss america / gay marriage  Reply with quote  

I was channel surfing last night and everytime I came upon the miss america / gay marriage story, my 15 year old daughter wanted to watch.....

I didn't really think it was such a big deal and I really had no interest....

my daughter pointed out to me that the woman / contestant was being scorned for believing as President Obama believes.......

I said, "yeah, I suppose."

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
LostInWalmart

Perez Hilton is a douchehat.

Miss Cali is in a beauty pageant, uh, scholarship program.

Neither of these is likely to sway my opinion, although it's funny to watch Ms. Hilton roll his eyes all dramatically.

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
Keyser Soze

Hilton's a douche. This brought back fond memories of Miss South Carolina...now she's mensa material.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:51 am   View user's profile Send private message
Watching The Wheels

I was under the impression their responses really didn't matter as long as they were coherent. I thought Miss CA kinda got shafted if that was the judges' (specifically DoucheBagMcGee Perez's) big hang-up.

Though, if their responses do count for something, I question the audience reaction when:

Q 1) "Do you believe taxpayer money should be used to bailout struggling US companies?"

Miss NC: No. [blah, blah, blah]
Audience Cheering.

(Good thing she wasn't Miss Michigan!)

Q 3) "Hillary Clinton announced the US is pledging 40 million dollars to hold elections in Afghanistan. Do you think this is right?

Miss UT: Yes. [blah, blah, blah]
Audience Cheering.

What??! You're anti-saving American companies, but pro-mildly better elections in a foreign country?
If anything, shouldn't we be giving $40 million to Minnesota to figure out what's going on with their elections?

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
urhangovergirl

um, hello! christian girl from california! what did he think her answer was going to be?!

just one more reason i don't watch any of that crap

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:43 am   View user's profile Send private message
sugarraydodge

I think that American society has become so polarized that we have become totally hostile to anything or anybody that disagrees with our worldviews. This goes for Dems and Republicans. We are so hypersensative and hostile that people from both sides can't even state what they really believe without being ripped apart on cable news or the internet. Cryin' shame.

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:38 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LostInWalmart

What a stupid thing to say! Goddamn you!

uh, sorry. got carried away.

B

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

I thnk it would have been funnier if she had said, "I have a strict 'not in the butt' policy, Perez"

Wrong and whatnot, but funny.

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jester85

Perez Hilton is an attention-seeking embarrassment to gay people.

Carrie Prejean shouldn't have been attacked as viciously as she was just for honestly answering a point-blank question, but her comments later that she couldn't understand how a woman could be attracted to another woman because she knew she wanted to marry a man when she was five were pretty Rolling Eyes worthy.

Gee, Carrie, maybe that's because you're not a lesbian.

I also think it's funny, and a little telling of their desperation, that the conservative Christians are using someone who continually lies about her nude photos as some Christian family role model.

Post Sun May 31, 2009 8:24 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wonko

Jester85 wrote:

I also think it's funny, and a little telling of their desperation, that the conservative Christians are using someone who continually lies about her nude photos as some Christian family role model.

When Vanessa Williams lost her crown, the Miss America Pageant Committee tried to make sure everyone knew it wasn't because she had posed for nude pictures in her past; It was because she had posed for nude pictures with another woman.

Post Sun May 31, 2009 5:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Wonko wrote:
Jester85 wrote:

When Vanessa Williams lost her crown, the Miss America Pageant Committee tried to make sure everyone knew it wasn't because she had posed for nude pictures in her past; It was because she had posed for nude pictures with another woman.

Guess that disqualifies me, then... Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Wonko wrote:

Yeah, the stills were the big no-no. She should have done a movie.

Laughing

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
wlstone

The thing that bothered me the most with this whole fiasco, is the double standard involved.

I am not against gay people having equal rights, however, if they want people to be tolerant to their lifestyles, which may still be shocking to a majority of the population, then I believe they should be more accepting to the intolerance of people.

They believe in gay marriage, they don't. Neither group allows anyone to have any other view.

Am I wrong to think that gay people seem to be very intolerant to people that criticize their beliefs? With that said, I really don't think any person gay or straight gives a shit what Miss America thinks. My two cents.

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

imagining life before 1967 wrote:
The thing that bothered me the most with this whole fiasco, is the double standard involved.

I am not against interracial couples having equal rights, however, if they want people to be tolerant to their lifestyles, which may still be shocking to a majority of the population, then I believe they should be more accepting to the intolerance of people.

They believe in interracial marriage, they don't. Neither group allows anyone to have any other view.

Am I wrong to think that interracial couples seem to be very intolerant to people that criticize their beliefs? With that said, I really don't think any person regardless of their racial attraction gives a shit what Miss America thinks. My two cents.

In any event: Pray tell, wlstone, what constitutes these "lifestyles" of which you speak?

Last edited by mllefifi on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jester85

I don't see why I have to be tolerant of people who don't tolerate me and think I should be a second-class citizen for my gender attraction.

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: