Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> The Author Guy Boardello Cookbook

walk's award winning jello shots aka "northern lights&q

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
walk

walk's award winning jello shots aka "northern lights&q  Reply with quote  

i won an award for these yesterday which is amazing considering the fact that i was completely shitfaced and at a friend's party when i made them and was just kinda making stuff up as i went. as a result parts of the recipe will be ad-libbed.
it's a 3 layered drink so the normal little cups you use for jello shots probably won't work. i recommend using small clear plastic cups or small tumblers if you have enough.

1st layer. the only layer i remembered to write down as a i was making it.
3 oz package of lime jello
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of midori (booze)
1/2 cup of peach schnapps
1/2 cup of vodka

boil the water then pour into a bowl with the jello. stir until dissolved then add the midori schnapps and vodka. distribute this evenly amongst the cups, refrigerate for 2 hours.

2nd layer
3 oz package of blue jello*
1/2 cup of water
3/4 cup of blue hawaiian schnapps**
3/4 cup of raspberry vodka

boil the water then pour into a bowl with the jello. stir until dissolved then add the booze. distribute evenly over the green layer. let the shots set for 2 hours in the fridge

3rd layer
3oz package of grape jello
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup of vodka***
1/2 cup of peach schnapps***
1/2 cup of raspberry vodka ***

you know the drill by now.

*my little town didn't have blue jello so i used unflavored gelatin with 4 drops of blue food coloring. i just think the jello would taste better.

**could in fact have a different name, like i said i was drunk and when i woke up the bottle was gone Shocked Laughing

***this is my best guess as to what booze was actually used in the original shot.

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message
BeerGnome

I love this woman

Post Sat May 09, 2009 9:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: