Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Hey Newbies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
John

Re: back!  Reply with quote  

Ben Brown wrote:
Name: Ben
Home planet: Zertron III
Height: 8 1/4 inches
Fav food: Cheetos

So there you go.....

8 1/4 inches? Cheeto spooge must cover your entire body when you eat them. Smile

Post Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lib

Welcome Ben Brown. One question...are you a legal alien? Razz

Post Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
TVJunkie

Newbie? Not quite.  Reply with quote  

Although this is my first post here on the CMBB, I have been a lurker for quite some time. I live in Southern California, and have been a Chris Moore fan and addict since the publication of Practical Demonkeeping. A friend of mine loaned me her copy of PD, and I loved it so much, I had to have my own. I can even remember calling bookstores and asking if they carried it, only to be asked if Practical Demonkeeping was Ficton or Non-Fiction. (I kid you not)

When Bloodsucking Fiends was published, I began my sporadic email obsession with Chris. I remember being particularly impressed by the fact that he was so good about responding to emails and answering all my questions. We chatted quite a bit about the status of PD being turned into a film, as it was in turn-around hell, and I was (at the time) working for the latest company to purchase and shelve the project .. much to my dismay.

I also used to be quite the Cambria, CA addict. I'd venture up there at least twice a year, and loved that within his books, I could recognize certain traits and similarities between Cambria and Pine Cove. Particularly the bar. Oh, that bar. (I think it's the one across the street from Lynn's) .. a corner you should not necessarily hang out at once the sun sets, and the sleepy little artsy town of Cambria turns into Stepfordville.

At any rate, I haven't seen Chris since the Lust Lizard book signing tour, so I'm kinda anxious to get over to the signing today in Century City. I have three copies of TSA to get signed, along with a couple other older hardback books (Lamb and Fluke). I also have a complete set of the newer paperbacks, since I am one of "those" people that won't loan out their hardback copies. I haven't decided if I'll get those signed or not, it sort of depends on the size of the crowd.

Hmmm. I just realized that I think I owe Chris some money for the books I FedEx'd to him ages ago, and I either screwed up or forgot to pre-pay the return portion. Whoops.

Heh. Embarassed

Post Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ben Brown

spooge  Reply with quote  

Unlike humans (see below), us Zertronians are very neat eaters.

As far as being legal I don't have a green card, just a slightly green bod. Then again, I am invisible, at least to most humans. My love Josey can see me, so that's cool. Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:35 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lloydface

I have joined, nice place you've got here.  Reply with quote  

Dia duit mo chairde! That means hello in Gaelic. You know, the language were supposed to speak in Ireland.
I'm Lloyd by the way. I'm fifteen and live in Dublin, Ireland. It's wet and cold all the time but that dont get me down. I love this place.
I'm writing a book and i hear from friends and family that its good. Anyway, i really love Chris' books. Lamb is my favourite, as well as Coyote Blue. I've read them all except for Bloodsucking Fiends. I've to read the new one, its not out here yet.
So i just thought i'd mention that id joined. Oh im not much of an internet whizz so im new to this forum thing. This'll probably end up in the wrong place.

-What's brown and sticky? A stick!-

Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:15 am   View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Lib

Ben...can't see your picture. Wink
Filte to you Lloydface. Smile

Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
kidzlibrarian

I have introduced myself in other threads but...  Reply with quote  

I'm Helen, an avid reader and appreciater of the silly. I have been having lots of laughs here, thanks! I just moved to a new state (physical, not of the mind) where I didn't know anyone so I am still making friends and influencing people. I enjoy socializing, so its nice to join virtual communities like this one.

Post Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
jewbacca

I'm Miles and I'm new too. I've been into Chris Moore for a while now and stumbled into this site cause I was bored at work. Hi everyone

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ferrit Leggings

I found a pick that you may want to change in to your av.

Like it?

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ferrit Leggings

BTW: Welcome

If you can see the pic, it is Jewbacca.

Post Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
jewbacca

Ferrit Leggings: Damn that picture is awsome. Definetly going to be my av in about 5 seconds...where did you find it?

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ferrit Leggings

aBum.com

Post Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Megan

Well, I guess I'm a little late getting around to this, but I'm Megan, aka Midgen or Megan Tavi.

I live in Alaska, but grew up in Sweet Home, Oregon (yes, that is the real name of the town).

I have a cat, named Vincent, after both Vincent Price and the Vincent cartoon. I also have a husband, named Brandon, or Kunte Kinte depending on how demanding I am at the moment. I think I married him because he owns every song Jimmy Buffet ever recorded, and at our age (21), it's rare to find a fellow appreciator.

I read all the time, at least 6 or 7 books a week and CM is in my top 5 favorite authors. I'm keeping an eye out for a chance to meet him... maybe on my next vacation to Hawaii in March.

My favorite thing to do is read while I drink vodka in the laundromat.

I have a tattoo of a penguin on my left wrist and will do just about anything if it seems like a good idea at that moment in time (explains the husband, the cat, the tattoo, and living in Alaska).

On the not so lucky side, I was given very white skin, very white hair, and very large breasts, so most people think I'm either albino, an idiot, or both. Sometimes it's fun to play along and convince them that my brown eyes are contacts covering up my soul-stealing red ones.

Okay, that is more than I think I ever talked about myself at once-sorry to be boring, but I feel like I know many of you already! Thanks for the many laughs and deep thoughts.

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Sara Leigh

Sounds like you'll fit right in here at the Boardello.

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Maxwell

Hello, hello. I've been lurking for a bit but I decided to jump right in and say howdy. I'm a New Yorker by way of Texas (that explains the howdy, eh?) and no, I didn't vote for Bush. I'm a twentysomething redhead who just dyed her hair black and still runs around the house with a blanket for a superhero cape. Or maybe I'm a 40 year old man sitting naked on a pile of paperbacks.

In any case, nice to meet you.

Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: