Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

What ONE thing would you change in your childhood?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
abbynormal92243

What ONE thing would you change in your childhood?  Reply with quote  

If you could go back and fix it?

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goudron

I think there's actually a few of them, but the first that pops into my head is when I was 5 I thought I was the Fonz. I saw my older brother kneeling on the floor reading the newspaper (it's easier for kids to read the newspaper on the floor because it's so damn big it's hard to hold up). He was slouched enough that I thought I could easily jump right over top of him.

So I did my signature Fonzie "Ayyyyyy" to myself, took a running start, and soundly kicked my brother in the back of the head.

Come to think of it, that's one of the things I wouldn't like to change about my childhood. He hit me in the head way too many times for me to be truly sorry Laughing

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
abbynormal92243

heh

come to think of it, I think I should've hawked a lot more on my brother.

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tal

Hmmmm it would have to be the day I dared one of the neighborhood socialtards (nice way of saying he was an asshole) to pee on an electric fence.

Nah. Too funny. Wouldn't change it for a second. Wink

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hillary

I was an awful kid.  Reply with quote  

So here's a short list of possibilities:

1) I would NOT glue the basset hounds head to the wall

2) I would NOT touch the electric fency surrounding Becky Howard's cow pasture

3) I would NOT (at 3 years old) tell a banker my mother was talking to that he was a fucking asshole

4) I would NOT give the very same basset hound as mentioned in number one a rubdown with Crest toothpaste, thinking I was bathing her

5) I would NOT take my shirt off in the middle of Shaw's supermarket, and when asked by my mother what the hell I was doing with my dolly, say in my loudest outdoor voice "I'm breast feeding my BABY!"

6) I would NOT go around and collect every other kids crayons in class because I was done coloring.

And the list goes on, and on, and on. There's a reason I was an only child.

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Think insane.

Goudron wrote:

So I did my signature Fonzie "Ayyyyyy" to myself, took a running start, and soundly kicked my brother in the back of the head.

You just made me spit diet pepsi all over my keyboard Very Happy

thinkinsane at mac dot com
AIM: thinkpsychotic

Post Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lib

Well, I'd probably not have given my younger sister kerosene and told her was koolaid when I was seven.
***Guess I was already practicing on joining a cult. When's the compound goin' to be ready AG?***

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:51 am   View user's profile Send private message
John

I wouldn't get busted looking at naked girly magazines in the middle of a crowded convenience store aisle when I was 4 years old.

I also wouldn't beg and plead for a tiny souvenir pocket knife from the John Hancock Observatory gift shop only to have my father say it was too dangerous for a 6 year old and then change his mind by promising that I would be responsible with it and then immediately after he buys it for me go into the men's room and cut my thumb open with it while trying to see how sharp the blade was and then have to pretend nothing happened while out to dinner in a fancy restaurant with my whole family while my thumb bled through the napkins I had wrapped around it and into my pocket filling it with blood and ruining my good pants.

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goudron

Think insane. wrote:

You just made me spit diet pepsi all over my keyboard Very Happy

Glad I could be of service Smile

Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Katy O

I would have realized that they were serious when they said your anything on your permanent record really would follow you around for the rest of you life.

I also would not have said, "Jesus Christ, Mom!" in front of her and my dad. What did I know? Dad said it all the time. Turns out, when I say it, it is profane. I still don't understand that one, but I also don't say 'Jesus Christ'. I think I had a handprint for a full week over that one.

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dave

I would like to have been filthy stinkin rich. Not like more money than you could ever spend rich but like buy Rhode Island because you don't like the speed limits rich. Evil James Bond guy rich.

I dream about this every night and have decided to start a new church. Anybody want to sign up? Free miters to the first dozen converts!

Post Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

regrets  Reply with quote  

I would be nicer to those who were less fortunate than me... I was the product of multiple divorces and had a lot of anger and frustration, and I was very unkind to some of the "weaker" kids I knew... That is my only real childhood regret... I'm much nicer now... Very Happy
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:28 am   View user's profile Send private message
KatarinaNavane

I would grow up somewhere other than Macon Georgia. I'm SO glad I live in Ohio now. Being an agnostic Unitarian Universalist in the middle of the Bible belt is really hard.

http://katarinanavane.deviantart.com

http://katarinanavane.etsy.com

Post Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alan

I would have insisted my parents let me play a sport. I was a very quiet, shy kid and would have beneifited from the team dynamic. Also, I found out when I was too old tp take advantage of them that I am very good at a couple of sports and might have been able to use that to pay my way through a small college.

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sean

I would have read the books they had assigned us to read in school. That way I wouldn't be going back and reading them now for the first time.

http://manly-but-bookish.blogspot.com/

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: