Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

SCARY!!!!!!!!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
imonica

SCARY!!!!!!!!  Reply with quote  

Two BNP (British National Party) candidates have won seats in the European Parliament. For anyone who doesn't know about the BNP, they might as well be called the British Nazi Party. They are openly racist and their agenda is to make all non-whites go back to their country of origin, even if they are 2nd or third generation Brits. When the general parliamentary elections come up next year, they are expected to win some of those seats as well. It would be like any of the white supremacist leaders in the US winning offices in the House or Senate. Fucking scary, let me tell you. Shocked

imonica

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:26 am   View user's profile Send private message
cornman

imonica, have you ever watched the show "boston legal"? there's this character, played by the brilliant william shatner, who likes to punctuate his statements by saying his own name.

whenever you make a post i find myself injecting denny crane as your "voice".

why, you ask. well, when you read the posts you might notice that over to the left there is the posters name and chosen image, if they they have one. there is no reason for a poster to re-write who the post is from at the bottom.
i'm sure it's a habit you have. i just thought i would let you know that from now on, while this remains your practice, i shall refer to you as denny.

right then, british racist nazis = bad! do they still wear those powdered wigs?

cornman

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
imonica

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No, I've never seen that show. I think I'll leave my name off the bottom of my posts from now on, because I hate the name Denny. Wink

In answer to your question, the MPs do not wear wigs in Parliament, but the judges and barristers do wear them in court. I think they have taken tradition a bit too far.

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:16 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

imonica wrote:
[...] In answer to your question, the MPs do not wear wigs in Parliament, but the judges and barristers do wear them in court. I think they have taken tradition a bit too far.

I heard (last year?) that the lawyers for civil cases don't have to wear the wigs any more in Britain.

(The wig industry people worried about their business -- don't know how that's panned out since...)

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
imonica

Possibly. Wink I'm not yet an expert on the rules of attire for the judiciary in the UK.

Update on the BNP: During the press conference announcing the winners, no one would speak to the leader of the BNP, and when it was his turn to give a speech, everyone walked out. Outside the building, there was a huge angry mob shouting "Nazi bastard!" and other such welcoming phrases.

When they interviewed people who had voted for the BNP, none of them said they agreed with it's racists policies, but they voted for them because they want immigration into the UK stopped completely. Hmm... See, the BNP tries to make their plans sound less evil by wording them in what sounds like a positive way to some (really effin'stupid) people. For instance, their plan to deport people back to their country of origin (even if they are a British citizen) is called something like voluntary repatriation, meaning they want to pay people to go back to where they or their ancestors came from. Yep, I can see a lot of people agreeing to return to poverty stricken, disease-ridden, war-torn countries for what would probably be a very small amount of money.

I really...REALLY think the supposedly non-racist people who voted for the BNP need to read up on the rise of the Nazi Party in Germany.

I feel ill. Sad Somebody say something to cheer me up.

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

imonica wrote:

I feel ill. Sad Somebody say something to cheer me up.

Last night as I was driving from work I suddenly found myself sighting a blazing rising full moon unusually to the extreme south-east of the sky. My city is one of the oldest in the world and it's streets are aligned in astronomical angles to the sky. As I took one of the True East roads I realised the moon was in an extreme position. It's rays were hot and melting, it's magnificent luminescence was more powerful than the last month's full rise. It bore a hole in the sky, the clouds around it were brightly lit, I had heard a legend that the full moon in the tropics drives one mad. I quickly pulled to the side of the road and drew my phone out of my bag.

Hesitantly and confusedly, this biker who had been following and stalking me from work wobbled past.

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wonko

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Post Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Well, if they really wanna send everybody back where they came from,
we've got a bunch of their rejects from the past few hundred years... Twisted Evil

Before anybody gets their knickers in a twist- no, I'm not talking about *Jeff*... Wink

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
imonica

Zen: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That worked. Wink My hubby thought that was funny, too, and he's a Scot. We were talking yesterday about the number of Scots who have gone to America, Canada, and loads of other places. Luckily, the Scots aren't supporters of the BNP, and might even use this issue as another reason for a referendum for independence.

I have to say, I don't think most Brits are the same kind of racist pigs as the BNP. The problem now is that along with the recession, there's been a huge shake-up in the government due to the expenses scandal. Emotions are high, and people are voting for parties and candidates they wouldn't normally vote for out of anger. Stupid, but it happens.

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: