Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Our Favorite Alaskan Gov.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Watching The Wheels

Our Favorite Alaskan Gov.  Reply with quote  

Letterman rips into the Palins, who went to a Yankees game, suggesting A-Rod 'knocked up' Palin's daughter during the seven inning stretch. The joke was referencing Bristol who, you know, was actually knocked up, But it was Willow (14), not Bristol (18), who went on the Palins' excursion to NY. Whoops.

Moose Maimin' Mama and First Dude release statements condemning jokes about raping a 14-year-old.

A little over-the-top? Maybe.
An attempt to garner media time over a complete non-issue and shamelessly promote her and her hockey-family to still appear relevant next presidential election? You betcha!

Letterman, in response: "I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl," he said. "I don't think it's funny. I would never think it was funny. I'm not necessarily proud of these jokes." Dave then asked the Palins if they could put their differences behind them and appear on the show.

Okay. Dave clarifies it was bad judgment and he made it absolutely clear he didn't mean the 14-year-old Willow. Moving on, right?

No.

Sarah's public response? "The Palins have no intention of providing a rating's boost for David Letterman by appearing on his show," the Alaska governor's rep said in a statement to FOXNews.com. "Plus, it would be wise to keep Willow away from David Letterman."

Wow. A statement which betrays a firm handle on reality AND accuses Letterman of being a child molester. Way to keep it classy, Team Sarah.

Of course, all this comes a week after Palin claims we need to "screw political correctness." I guess people need something else to screw besides Bristol.

And what's up with the abstinence-only promotin', Bristol?
Here's a hint: You want to effectively promote abstinence-only education? Yeah? STOP CARRYING AROUND YOUR FUCKING CHILD! Sure, if you were abstinent (and, you know, stayed abstinent) you wouldn't have gotten pregnant, but you know what else could have prevented the birth of that child? It's magical balloon the pagans call a 'condom.' Look into it.

Oh... stay adorably delusional for 2012, Palins.
<3

Wink.

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lavandula Girl

I'm sure the state of Alaska paid for the ball game tickets, too. Was Palin trying to lure the Yankees to Fairbanks, perhaps? Then they could charge all that travel to the state, like they usually do. Sarah, Sarah, Sarah... I sure wish John McCain would go ahead and call you and say "Sugartits, it's over.", so you'd stop campaigning, and being so delusional.

If I were Alaskan, I'd be wondering when the hell you were going to actually be in Alaska, governing and shit. Hell, I live in California, and I wonder.

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
2sisters

Palins  Reply with quote  

Yah she's nuts I'm a repub. And i acknoledge that but I'd rather have her crqzy messed ass charging 200$ tickets to alaska then joe bidens in the white house

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
LostInWalmart

The joke was funnyish, and it was about Bristol. Blah blah.

But who cares. She has shown again and again that she doesn't get jokes, that there is always something sinister and ulterior in any attacks on or comments about her or her family. She has an uncanny ability to inflate and redirect arguments to the point of inanity.

The Today Show had her on this morning, followed immediately by Carrie Prejean, of "opposite marriage" fame, and I thought this is the perfect illustration of what the Republican Party thinks a woman should be.

1. She should be hot or at least pretty in a slutty secretary kind of way.
2. She should be barely literate (see any of Prejean's correspondence)
3. She should not have too firm a grip on reality (her womanly brain wasn't built for it)
4. She should be incapable of understanding humor.
5. She should speak at length, yet be oddly incoherent.

Palin has suggested that Letterman owes women an apology. I would suggest that she and Prejean owe women an apology for making such mind-numbingly stupid spectacles of themselves, while representing the ideal women in their respective arenas.

Arenas? Ooh, I'd like to see them fight! not a death match, that's stupid. Maybe a debate that turns into a hair-pulling blouse-ripper. There! There's the ideal woman!

B

(On behalf of myself and my family, I would like to apologize for the depiction of women in this post. It was only a joke, a small one, and I'm sorry for any pain and/or suffering it may have caused. I would also like to apologize for inflating and/or redirecting this to the point of inanity. Now shake hands and come out fighting.)

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:23 am   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

It never ceases to amaze me that conservatives poo-poo "political correctness" and then turn right around and demand sensitive treatment for themselves.

Oops. I mispoke. Actually, it ceased to amaze me years ago.

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tito

I'm no fan of Palin. She lost the election for McCain. Plus she's an evolution denying wingnut.

But let's be honest: there was no way she could win on this one (at least not here). What would the reaction have been if she had accepted Letterman's invitation? "Opportunistic hypocritcal bitch!" more or less. By accepted board definition, Palin can do nothing right.

Let's tone the situation down a bit. A neighbor you never really liked makes a similar tasteless joke about one of your daughters, then apologizes and asks you over for a barbecue. Would you go? I wouldn't. I'd keep my daughters away from him and in the real world, HE would be the bad guy. Unfortunately for all involved, this one played out publicly.

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lavandula Girl

If I was using my kids as props in a bullshit political game, they'd be fair game for neighborhood jokes. If she minded her own fucking family, and was less pedantic about mine and yours, I'd say she was correct, and that Letterman was wrong. But as soon as she paraded that troop all over the US, and Bristol appeared on the cover of People as a tool of the better-late-than-never abstinence crowd, oh, and she is NEVER in Alaska, she opened herself, and them, up for this crap. If she was really worried about the impact of the late night jokesters on her family, she'd go the fuck home and do her damn job.

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Watching The Wheels

Tito wrote:
But let's be honest: there was no way she could win on this one (at least not here)

Actually, I really think she could have. All Team Sarah had to do was release a small PR statement in which they recognize the joke as being tasteless and inappropriate. No negative comments bashing Dave's "sexual proclivities." End of story.

But Team Sarah completely overplayed their hand. They're intentionally making this (non)issue more public than it has any right to be.

For Palin to initially pretend Dave was really talking about the 14-year-old, it's sadly nothing more than a soulless attempt to whore Willow Palin out as a cheap political tool to stir up rage. And is it working? You betcha! And it's at this point she can't win because she's completely trying to fabricate reality. (I totally wonder what it's like in Palin-stine -- Sarah's wonderful fantasy land where her convictions come true.)

Then Palin publicly insinuating Dave is lecherous old man who shouldn't be allowed near little girls AFTER he attempts to clarify his position is in extremely poor taste. Palin's ensuing mini-media blitz? Well, now it starts to look desperate and petty.

Sarah, if you really view Dave Letterman as the leading vocal proponent of objectifying women with degrading comments, well, you've come a long way, baby!

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
walk

honestly l.g. it's kind of nice not having her around all the time. i do hate paying for it though. i say let her keep making an ass of herself. the more she alienates everyone but those who live in anchorage the less chance she has of getting re elected.
latest joke in my circle of friends "palin can't see the capital from her house" since, you know, she lives by fucking anchorage and pretty much refuses to live in juneau, but then again, that puts her farther from me so it's kind of a good thing.

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

LostInWalmart wrote:

The joke was funnyish, and it was about Bristol. Blah blah.

But who cares. She has shown again and again that she doesn't get jokes, that there is always something sinister and ulterior in any attacks on or comments about her or her family. She has an uncanny ability to inflate and redirect arguments to the point of inanity.

The Today Show had her on this morning, followed immediately by Carrie Prejean, of "opposite marriage" fame, and I thought this is the perfect illustration of what the Republican Party thinks a woman should be.

1. She should be hot or at least pretty in a slutty secretary kind of way.
2. She should be barely literate (see any of Prejean's correspondence)
3. She should not have too firm a grip on reality (her womanly brain wasn't built for it)
4. She should be incapable of understanding humor.
5. She should speak at length, yet be oddly incoherent.

Palin has suggested that Letterman owes women an apology. I would suggest that she and Prejean owe women an apology for making such mind-numbingly stupid spectacles of themselves, while representing the ideal women in their respective arenas.

True dat!

No woman with a functioning brain wants to be represented by an airhead like that-
who the hell voted for a Stepford wife in the first place?! Shocked

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Tito wrote:
[...] By accepted board definition, Palin can do nothing right.

Let's tone the situation down a bit. [...]

A good start would be to direct the rest of us to this "accepted board definition."

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tito

mllefifi wrote:
Tito wrote:
[...] By accepted board definition, Palin can do nothing right.

Let's tone the situation down a bit. [...]

A good start would be to direct the rest of us to this "accepted board definition."

Geeeeez, you people (that's right, I said it, you people) can be so touchy! Ok, you got me, there is no literal accepted board definition - I guess I overestimated your appreciation and/or understanding of hyperbole - but if you do a search for "Palin", I'd imagine the vast majority of posts here are, how can I put this, unflattering at best. She could open an orphanage with her own money (not Alaska's) and many here would find evil ulterior motives.

I'm not defending her. If it were a race between Biden and Palin, I'd vote for Biden. But come on. How much vitriol do you have left? Let her fade into obscurity. The country has bigger problems than one political has been who will never again pose any more than a perceived political danger.

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Tito wrote:
Geeeeez, you people (that's right, I said it, you people) can be so touchy! [remainder of hysterical reaction omitted...]

You must have been looking into a mirror while typing that.

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tito

mllefifi wrote:
Tito wrote:
Geeeeez, you people (that's right, I said it, you people) can be so touchy! [remainder of hysterical reaction omitted...]

You must have been looking into a mirror while typing that.

Nope. No mirrors in the house. I can't stand to see how beautiful I am compared to the common people.

Go look up hysterical. I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Watching The Wheels

Tito wrote:
She could open an orphanage with her own money (not Alaska's) and many here would find evil ulterior motives.

Well, she had to open the orphanage so someone could look after her bastard armada of 'tardy grandkids, cause, you know, her ho daughters missed the abstinence part of the abstinence sex-education workshop.

Her kids are hos. There. I said it. Even Piper.
Especially Piper.

Smile

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: