Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?


bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Stupid people who are Canadian and how they hate me
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
2sisters



Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Location: Cleveland
Stupid people who are Canadian and how they hate me  Reply with quote  

You may not find this important funny or oherwise engaging but the other day I was at school and the girls in my class (who hate me because i'm different and don't get upset about there diggs at me) being petty and immature walked by and took my personal copy of A Dirty Job out of my hand and said "this is the dumbest most wierd book I have ever seen ever" (yah there idiots it's halrious) but anyway the one ( there "leader") was canadian and I said " yah you would say that you canadian beatnic! Then they left and proceeded to start a
Rumor about how on my weekends sat in my room in the dark wishi g I was
One Of them ( again there really simple). But yah I thought it was funny because of the anticanadian joke going on her:)
_________________
"hugs."

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Jillybeans



Joined: 02 Sep 2004
Posts: 2247
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
 Reply with quote  

Is it because they're Canadian or is it because they're kids. I think it's because they're kids. Most Canucks are pretty nice people that I've seen. It sounds like they're just targeting you because they have nothing better to do. Not to worry, they'll move onto someone else. Kids like that are like wolves; they move in packs, pee on trees, eat raw meat and generally have no social skills and anything different from their miserable lives they take out on some other poor unsuspecting soul.
_________________
The world in which you were born is just one model of reality.
OTHER CULTURES ARE NOT FAILED ATTEMPTS AT BEING YOU:
They are unique manifestations of the human spirit.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
2sisters



Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Location: Cleveland
Canadian beeotches  Reply with quote  

Finally someone gets it and yah mostly it's cause there kids but the fact that the use of being Canadian came to mind when it happens was freakin great seriously these girls won't go away even when you tell them to stop be butt holes and fuck off but on the other hand it gives me something to do during my lonely days at school (think about how dumb they are and incorporate those piss off emotions into my writing) also that wolf conparasine is sooooo funny
_________________
"hugs."

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:20 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut



Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 2602
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
 Reply with quote  

Kay. Pay attention:


There. An indicator of place. "The book is over there."

Their. An indicator of ownership. "That is their dog."

They're. A contraction of "they are". "They're crazy."

Please learn the difference. It drives me insane, and I know I'm not the only one.

Also, "conparasine"? It's "comparison".

Normally, I ignore this stuff and let the other grammar nazis pick it up, but I felt like being a Canadian beeyatch.

Oh, and welcome to the board. Wink
_________________
"Smacking yourself with a thawed meat-hammer never has a desired effect." - Jinxted

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Jillybeans



Joined: 02 Sep 2004
Posts: 2247
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
 Reply with quote  

Here's an idea, Wing. Why don't we inform her along with the others members, including Chris on how to deal with assholes. A good comeback as witnessed by a rereading of "Fool" that a smartass can usually disarm the worst of bullies. We can start her young and she'll be ours forever. I'm a Quaker. I don't believe in violence but you can be pushed too far. A friend of mine was telling me how his granddaughter was being pushed to her limit and knocked another little kid out. The school expelled her. Forget the fact that the other kid was taunting her. He was the poor "innocent victim". Yeah right. I remember when my sweet little girl was being taunted by a kid in school and she knocked him unconscious with her cast. He admitted he was in the wrong and she did feel bad for doing what she did (a little too much of me. You don't like hurting people, but at the same time you can get pushed too far and you REACT.)

The girl is being bullied and hasn't found others of her kind. Okay so I'm a little drunk but I do remember being a teenager who was the target of mean girls. As I said they run in packs. They won't stand on their own because they're cowards and maybe she'll make some friends if she stands up to them.

And yes I do remember high school even if it's been 40 some odd years.

And yes, honey, we will take you under our wing.
_________________
The world in which you were born is just one model of reality.
OTHER CULTURES ARE NOT FAILED ATTEMPTS AT BEING YOU:
They are unique manifestations of the human spirit.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl



Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 6412
Location: olympia, wa
 Reply with quote  

i think thats what wing was doing, jilly, taking her under his grammatical wing. omg i couldn't have planned that, if i tried!

oh yeah and welcome aboard, 2sisters, and thank you in advance, for distracting the grammar nazis. you should post a whos who. it looks like you've already read the rules!
_________________
clowns are people too...people who want to hurt you.

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imonica



Joined: 22 Apr 2009
Posts: 969
Location: Them thar hills
 Reply with quote  

I've already had to deal with my daughter decking a boy who bullied her all the time. She's not a violent person at all, but this boy was pushing her, pinching her, and stealing things from her for months, and she just couldn't take it any more. Good thing it was back in preschool, because she would definitely be expelled for something like that now. Rolling Eyes So yes, I've had to start teaching her the art of smartass verbal warfare. Laughing

One of the first things you need to do is use your powers of observation. You can learn a lot about people by watching them for a while. More points are scored when you say something about them that is true, rather than just "Yo mama!"

Joking aside, if these girls start to seriously bully you, keep a record of it, because you'll need details to prove your case later. And don't let it go on too long! You don't have to just 'suck it up, because it happens to most of us'. What a load of crap!

Oh, and welcome. Wink

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
cornman



Joined: 30 Oct 2005
Posts: 821
Location: under the golden gate in a fridge box
 Reply with quote  

Wingnut wrote:
Kay. Pay attention:


There. An indicator of place. "The book is over there."

Their. An indicator of ownership. "That is their dog."

They're. A contraction of "they are". "They're crazy."

Please learn the difference. It drives me insane, and I know I'm not the only one.

Also, "conparasine"? It's "comparison".

Normally, I ignore this stuff and let the other grammar nazis pick it up, but I felt like being a Canadian beeyatch.

Oh, and welcome to the board. Wink


snap! schooled by a canadian! that's gotta hurt, eh!

now, i wanna know, what the fuck is a "canadian beatnic"?
_________________
~ TCB ~

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:50 am   View user's profile Send private message
Klari



Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Posts: 4734
Location: Portland, OR
 Reply with quote  

And obviously 2sisters is the modern version of a beatnik shunning the popular and being different, so using that as an insult shows a lack of self awareness and society.

Wingnut, that was awesome.


2sisters, welcome to the board. Sounds like you're still in school, please stay in school and go to English class.
_________________
"It's like Mr. Scrappy you bite Coco. Coco, you bite him back. Soon you are both having worms, eating your own poopech..." -Zohan in You Don't Mess With the Zohan

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:09 am   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl



Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 6412
Location: olympia, wa
 Reply with quote  

calico has been dealing with bullies a lot lately. his best friend laondre who is a lot tougher and more normal than calico moved to spokane. so calico is having to learn to deal with the bullies without a buffer. the kids in this neighborhood are really violent. (which is kinda understandable considering the high incidence of domestic violence and child neglect around here) almost everyday i see kids beating the shit outta each other in my back yard. and calico says that he gets kicked and knocked over on his bike on a regular basis. i really want to move downtown, but for now i try to keep him busy with physical activities so by the time we get home he is too tired to go outside and play. (thank freaking god for the y) besides that i don't know what to do.
_________________
clowns are people too...people who want to hurt you.

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sephonae



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 5218
Location: New York
 Reply with quote  

Welcome, 2sisters. You didn't ask for my advice, but I'ma givin' it: if you *really* want them to keep away, I suggest that when they sit next to you and prepare to launch their salvoes, you either:

--fart, prolifically and as malodorously as you can manage
--pretend to pick your nose and fling phantom boogers*** at them
--clear your throat and spit in their general direction (being sure to just miss actually touching any of them)
--vomit (in the same manner as spitting, above)

I'm fairly certain they'll not come within farting/spitting/puking distance after any (or all) such display(s). Try it; you might like it! Very Happy

If bodily projections aren't your thing, you could start twitching or making like you're trying to take a bite out of your own shoulder while at the same time sticking thumbtacks in a crudely made rag doll and repeatedly saying their names and mumbling gibberish.

That's all I got for ya right now, Sis. I'll ask my son, who's 14, I'm sure he can produce even better methods for keeping away the beeyatches.

***Phantom Boogers = GREAT band name!!! Laughing Cool
_________________
<=== Dressing in dismal chic and maintaining her detached aura of aristocratic chill since 1985.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You can't wipe your ass with empty promises." - thread title, by walk

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jillybeans



Joined: 02 Sep 2004
Posts: 2247
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
 Reply with quote  

girlEgirl wrote:
calico has been dealing with bullies a lot lately. his best friend laondre who is a lot tougher and more normal than calico moved to spokane. so calico is having to learn to deal with the bullies without a buffer. the kids in this neighborhood are really violent. (which is kinda understandable considering the high incidence of domestic violence and child neglect around here) almost everyday i see kids beating the shit outta each other in my back yard. and calico says that he gets kicked and knocked over on his bike on a regular basis. i really want to move downtown, but for now i try to keep him busy with physical activities so by the time we get home he is too tired to go outside and play. (thank freaking god for the y) besides that i don't know what to do.


I'm glad this is finally getting addressed. There are a number of good websites one being www.stopthebullying.com. The schools really don't care because to tell you the truth they're terrified of the students. Their advice? Ignore it. Yeah right. It just escalates. Sometimes the only way is to take the kids outside with supervision and do the old fashioned thing: Boxing gloves. BTW it's also being addressed in the workplace. These kids go from being schoolyard bullies to workplace bullies. I had one guy threaten to throw me out the window because I had work to take around the building and he couldn't find me. When I complained he said "What? Don't you have a sense of humor?" They never did get rid of him. I have a healthy sense of humor but when someones threatening me by puffing up their chest and a nasty look on their face, I'm fucking going to protect myself. They never did get rid of him either and he also threatened clients.

And it's not just males, women and girls are worse with catty remarks, excluding, cyber bullying and the like.
_________________
The world in which you were born is just one model of reality.
OTHER CULTURES ARE NOT FAILED ATTEMPTS AT BEING YOU:
They are unique manifestations of the human spirit.

Wade Davis (I knew there was a reason I liked Wade Davis)

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie



Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10534
Location: Easy street
 Reply with quote  

This is just ME.
So don't go getting all shocked an stuff.
It has been my experience throughout life, that bullies are cowards.
I have found that a good bitch slap across the chops normally stops the crap.
Peace, pot , micro-dot is all good and fine.
Some people cannot, WILL not be rehabbed.
If everyone understood there was a good chance of their bad manners getting them a swift kick in the ass, there might be less of a chance they'd misbehave.
Again that's just ME.
_________________
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood.
But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there." Dana Gould

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut



Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 2602
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
 Reply with quote  

fortune cookie wrote:
This is just ME.
So don't go getting all shocked an stuff.
It has been my experience throughout life, that bullies are cowards.
I have found that a good bitch slap across the chops normally stops the crap.
Peace, pot , micro-dot is all good and fine.
Some people cannot, WILL not be rehabbed.
If everyone understood there was a good chance of their bad manners getting them a swift kick in the ass, there might be less of a chance they'd misbehave.
Again that's just ME.


No it isn't. It's me too.

As someone who was bullied (I know right? How was I bullied? I'm friggin huge...) I know that the best way to take care of it is to stand up to the bully. They'll pick on someone easier next time. (And then, if you're like me, you can kick the bully's ass for that, too...) Very Happy
_________________
"Smacking yourself with a thawed meat-hammer never has a desired effect." - Jinxted

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
fortune cookie



Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10534
Location: Easy street
 Reply with quote  

Wingnut wrote:
fortune cookie wrote:
This is just ME.
So don't go getting all shocked an stuff.
It has been my experience throughout life, that bullies are cowards.
I have found that a good bitch slap across the chops normally stops the crap.
Peace, pot , micro-dot is all good and fine.
Some people cannot, WILL not be rehabbed.
If everyone understood there was a good chance of their bad manners getting them a swift kick in the ass, there might be less of a chance they'd misbehave.
Again that's just ME.


No it isn't. It's me too.

As someone who was bullied (I know right? How was I bullied? I'm friggin huge...) I know that the best way to take care of it is to stand up to the bully. They'll pick on someone easier next time. (And then, if you're like me, you can kick the bully's ass for that, too...) Very Happy



Yeah, um...thanks SHREK.
Very Happy


_________________
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood.
But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there." Dana Gould

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
  Display posts from previous:      
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 227, 228, 229  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Templates created by Vereor and Ken