Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> The Author Guy Boardello Cookbook

LG had to have sangria...

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lavandula Girl

LG had to have sangria...  Reply with quote  

And now you can have some JUST like hers... Laughing

1 bottle dry red wine
4 oz Courvasier
1/4 cup organic sugar
1 lemon, sliced
1 lime, sliced
1 sweet lime, sliced
1 navel orange, sliced
1 liter club soda

In a big glass pitcher, put sliced fruit, and cover with sugar dissolved in Courvasier. Let sit on counter (room temp) for an hour. Add red wine, let sit again, at least one hour. At moment of service, add club soda, and serve over ice. Make sure each serving includes some of the fruit slices, so no one gets scurvy. Ahhhh.....

BTW... if I am not serving anyone except me and maybe Moneyman, I do not mix the club soda in all at once. I make individual portions, roughly 3/5 wine-fruit mix to 2/5 club soda. That way, I can refrigerate any extra, and not worry about flat club soda in there.

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

alt recipe

2 bottles dry red
1 bottle dry white
1 orange sliced
1 lemon sliced
sliced peaches
sliced nectarines
sliced apricots
sliced plums
Optional: grapes or berries

pour it all in a big stainless steel or enamel pot or plastic vat, cover loosely and let steep overnight
Chill until icy
ladle it into glasses
the steeped fruit is good as is or over ice cream

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
creepy

sorry this is a dumb question but i havent had sangria more than once and have never made it- is the citrus peeled before it goes in?

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:45 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lavandula Girl

Nope... which is a very good thing when you go back to make that second pitcher, dexterity-wise. Wink (Although, looking at the 2nd recipe, I would say I might peel those stone fruits, myself... peaches have fuzz.)

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
creepy

thanks! i shall have to try making this for next drunk-crafts party:)

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Uptown_Toodeloo

I know a simple way to achive this, here is the recipie:

1 bottle vodka (I like Sky Vodka, but your choice is a personal one, so I won't try to influence it. Just remeber to keep clear of McCormicks)

1 6 oz glass (or cup, but platic seems less classy)

Optional, Ice

It may not have the same taste as LG's version, it may not be as refreshing on a hot day as Ginjg's, but by the second glass, you just won't give a fuck.

Enjoy!

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Lavandula Girl wrote:
Nope... which is a very good thing when you go back to make that second pitcher, dexterity-wise. Wink (Although, looking at the 2nd recipe, I would say I might peel those stone fruits, myself... peaches have fuzz.)
you can always do the lazy version and just toss in a couple of bags or one "family size" bag of frozen mixed fruit.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Watching The Wheels

Ooh, Courvoisier! I'll have to try that next time!

I make a sangria off of this base recipe

1 bottle dry red wine
1 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cups rum
1/2 cup white sugar
1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange

usually cutting down on the sugar, and adding a few shots of blackberry brandy and a splash of ginger ale.

Warning: It's strong (perhaps not as strong as UT's). I drank a pitcher of this a few Sundays ago and it was pretty much sleepy time.

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: