Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

GOP *mildly* embraces the crazies.

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Watching The Wheels

GOP *mildly* embraces the crazies.  Reply with quote  

Today, Congress set to pass a resolution celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Hawaii into the Union.

Recognizing and celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the entry of Hawaii into the Union as the 50th State

Whereas August 21, 2009, marks the 50th Anniversary of President Dwight D. Eisenhower's signing of Proclamation 3309, which admitted Hawaii into the Union in compliance with the Hawaii Admission Act, enacted by the United States Congress on March 18, 1959;

Whereas Hawaii is `a place like no other, with a people like no other' and bridges the mainland United States to the Asia-Pacific region;

Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii;[...]

Michelle "I've Killed Moose Just By Staring at Them" Bachmann blocked the passage on the grounds a quorum was not reached.

"Michelle Bachmann, I object to your blocking of this resolution as I believe the voices in your head HAVE reached a quorum.

I think I heard Michelle Bachmann's spokesperson kill herself.

Now, I suspect this about the birth certificate issue, but there is the chance Michelle Bachmann doesn't recognize Hawaii as a state.

EDIT: Awww, boo! I guess someone told Michelle she outcrazied herself. The resolution passed unanimously.

Last edited by Watching The Wheels on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lavandula Girl

It may be that she objects to Hawaii's last census count. Those friendly Hawaiians may have answered too many of those pesky questions, resulting in the government knowing they were, well, Hawaiian.

Post Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: