Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

Dropping in for the first time...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
LadyJewelleah

Dropping in for the first time...  Reply with quote  

Hello.

I thought I'd stop in here and introduce myself before lurking or stalking or whatever it is people do in forums.

I'm a bit of a loud mouth and extrovert, so I wouldn't really lurk anyways. I'd be too busy posting something that would seem ingenious to me. Though, it might not really have anything to do with anything.

Anyhow, like most of you, I am a writer. In order to support my writing habit, I am in graduate school working towards my PhD in Cognitive Psychology. This whole dissertation thing distracts me quite often from what I should be doing (writing fiction), but I figure other jobs might do the same thing. In the long run, my future job of professing will give me plenty of time to be a writer.

I write dark fantasy and fantasy, with an edge towards the psychological aspect of it... I used to write poetry, but Southern California is not really conducive to it for me. I can't wait to finish up and move on to a place that garners creativity (I used to live 20 minutes outside Chicago).

Thanks in advance for all the future advice I may beg for.

Veronique-Diane

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
LadyJewelleah

By and by: I didn't read the rules first, though I will admit I was just out of the shower and wrapped in a towel while typing, so I got at least one right.

I did pretend to be Canadian when in Amsterdam, but fouled the whole thing up when I said "Soccer" instead of "Football". My French was believable though.

I can't remember anymore of the rules. If I could, I think I might forget some of them on purpose or on accident, either way.

Laughing Embarassed Shocked = My emotional response.

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:10 am   View user's profile Send private message
18Rabbit

Really the only important rule (to me at least) is that you must bring pie.

Welcome!

Are you sure you're not here just to study us? Wink

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wingnut

LadyJewelleah wrote:

I did pretend to be Canadian when in Amsterdam, but fouled the whole thing up when I said "Soccer" instead of "Football". My French was believable though.

Um...Canadians say soccer, too...we have a game called football that's just like YOUR game called football (although, obviously, better... Laughing ). Also, and I mean this in the nicest possible way, if people in Europe thought your French was passable as French-Canadian, then you probably don't speak very good french...(please, that was more of a dig at the Quebecois, so like I said don't take it the wrong way Laughing ) Speaking Canadian French to a European would be like me going to England and saying stuff like "Forsooth, thou art a scurrilous bot of a man!" or similar. Very old French in Canada.

Anyhoo, welcome to the board! Did you, perchance, bring pie? :hopefull optimistic smiley:

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
LadyJewelleah

I was just trying to pass for anything but American. It was Amsterdam though, so I think my French might have passed for something, not sure what.

I am all out of pie, but I make killer Caramel Frosted Brown Butter Cookies and Butterscotch chunk chocolate chip cookies. I've never been good at baking pie. Granted, I've tried.

My Caneducation (education about Canada not education from Canada) is a little lacking. Very Happy

Come on, Canadians play Football? Really? Laughing

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

LadyJewelleah wrote:

Come on, Canadians play Football? Really? Laughing

Yeah...best seats are on the 55 yard line. Where you can see all 12 players on the field. For all three downs. Just sayin'.

Cookies, eh? Hmmm....well, as long as they're chocolate chunk, and not skimpy ol' chocolate chip. Cool

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
girlEgirl

welcome

[/img]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-cat-claims-the-best-place-on-your-bed.jpg[img][/img]

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Very Happy Welcome!

Have some some cocoa, it'll warm you for the strip search-
wait, who's handling this one?

Hey, Bleu hasn't done one in a while so let's see if she'll accept cookies instead of pie-
probably, if there's enough chocolate in them... Twisted Evil

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LadyJewelleah

I don't mind the idea of a strip search... Could you make sure HE (whoever he is and I prefer a man to do the search) holds a cup of cocoa ahead of time... Cold hands.. Ewww... Wink

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:02 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

Skippykelly and Conspiracies unlimited are currently handling the Strip searches for the ladies.
And I'm telling you now, adept as they both are, you'd better scare up some pie as an offering. Or which ever one takes the case may just give a basic instead of the "special".

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
LadyJewelleah

I have begun immediately researching pie-making options. I will be ready with pie in hand. Or whatever is appropriate in these situations.

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:55 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Seriously; make with the pie.

And welcome.

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:07 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Vixen Jules

hey.

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stewies Mom

Hey, I came by with a fork in hand, where's the pie?

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
leprrkan

Hi, welcome to the board!

You could get out of pie making if Gaber is still around anywhere as he'll do the search for a pint o' the black stuff Laughing

- "Bones"

Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: