Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Forgive me

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Lara

Forgive me  Reply with quote  

Did you know that it took 80 minutes for NORAD to scramble fighter jets because they were already engaged in military excercises involving the interception of hijacked airplanes?

Did you know the police were running a drill involving the potential bombing of the London Underground at the same time, the same day and the same location the 7/7/05 bombings occured?

Did you hear that there was a Coast Guard training exercise on the Potomac River just before the Presiden'ts motorcade was to ride over it?

Today.

I am giving myself this day to be a little outside my comfort zone whilst enjoying the ride that is this Life.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stewies Mom

Re: Forgive me  Reply with quote  

Lara wrote:

I am giving myself this day to be a little outside my comfort zone whilst enjoying the ride that is this Life.

I find that I feel that way most days, no matter the historical significance.

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

Re: Forgive me  Reply with quote  

Lara wrote:
Did you know that it took 80 minutes for NORAD to scramble fighter jets because they were already engaged in military excercises involving the interception of hijacked airplanes?

Did you know the police were running a drill involving the potential bombing of the London Underground at the same time, the same day and the same location the 7/7/05 bombings occured?

Yes.
Plus: did you know there was a security conference scheduled for the afternoon of Sept 11 '01, to take place in the WTC, dealing with just the kind of scenario that played out earlier that day?

Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lara

See? grumble...

And I am really curious as to how building 7 collapsed, six hours after the attack.... ah, well.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

Lara wrote:
See? grumble...

And I am really curious as to how building 7 collapsed, six hours after the attack.... ah, well.

The main squeeze has a real problem with that one, too.

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tito

buh-bye.

Last edited by Tito on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:50 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

I agree with Tito on this. on top of which, many newer buildings are designed with the idea that they will eventually be imploded when they are finally slated for demolition. Thus the relatively "clean" collapse. And thank god all the buildings that fell were designed that way. Otherwise much more of Manhattan would have been destroyed.

If the building had exploded that would be a completely different scenario.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
mllefifi

Ginjg wrote:
[...] If the building had exploded that would be a completely different scenario.

I should say so: it would be an extreme version of "blowing chunks."

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:03 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tito

buh-bye.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

Tito wrote:
Lara wrote:
See? grumble...

Buildings that have become structurally unsound don't necessarily collapse right away. Living in earthquake country you should realize that. Plus, there are many examples of buildings collapsing even when they haven't been catastrophically damaged. Stress fractures have a tendency to grow and collapse when they feel like it.

Or, maybe the CIA went in with explosives to finish the job.

A lot of this reminds me of the moon landing hoax people. Myth Busters did a pretty good show on that. Don't think they're quite ready to take on all the 911 conspiracy theories though.

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar and a coincidence is just a coincidence. Out of the millions of things that occur in the world every day, governmental and otherwise, it doesn't surprise me that the things you cite happened.

What really bothers me is that Deb has a main squeeze. I think it's a conspiracy to break my heart.

There are no cigars, Tito. It's all smoke-free now!!! There are buildings that become structurally unsound; that is true. However, how many of those implode as did WTC7?

(p.s., say the word and the main squeeze is under the patio. Nevermind, I'll say the word for you. c'mere, kitten.)

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tito

buh-bye.

Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deb

pussy. get over here.

Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:47 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: