Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

huh?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
walk

huh?  Reply with quote  

the latest anti abortion movement

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32825762/ns/us_news-life/

these people don't think that rape and incest victims should be allowed abortions. i've had some good level headed conversations with anti abortion peoples but this is just ridiculous. if i get raped i really don't wanna have a baby from it too, it'd be like more punishment for a horrible thing that would haunt me forever anyways.

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Of course, many pro-forced-birthers have believed that.

Somehow I think that, besides adding insult to injury with that kind of stance, those people would be no more likely than the general public to offer to adopt and raise a raped woman's baby. Rolling Eyes

(... 'cause their words and deeds demonstrate no concern about "life" after it's born, unless it's a Terry Schiavo or a terminally ill person who wants euthanasia. It's all about interfering in someone else's private matters while keeping their own mode of living uninterfered-with.)

Last edited by mllefifi on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goudron

Quote:
I think that people are people from the time they are conceived, and they should be treated as such

This is where that stems from. I can never figure out why a sperm and ovum sitting next to each other are so much less significant than a zygote, but if in your mind, conception is the magical moment a soul is born/personhood is granted, then rape/incest doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to you and your desire to control other people's bodies and lives. Absolutely no way to win that argument.

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

How about this:
"Life begins at birth & ends when you don't mind your own goddamn business!" Evil or Very Mad

Personally, I think it's evil to reward rapists with genetic immortality & that's all I'm saying for now...

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tito

Do I get brownie and/or anti-troll points for not posting in this one? Wait! I just posted! Dammit!

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Do not read this sentence.

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:31 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheVeryMerryHempster

There used to a sect of super Christians called Marcionites who thought anything that was flesh or physical was the embodiment of evil. To them, pregnancy was repulsive because it trapped another spirit unwillingly in the physical form.

So it doesn't really fit in with this discussion per se, but I though ya'll might find it interesting...

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:51 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tito

mllefifi wrote:

I didn't.

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mllefifi

Tito wrote:
mllefifi wrote:

I didn't.

Do not respond to my previous sentence.

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tito

mllefifi wrote:
Tito wrote:
mllefifi wrote:

I didn't.

I won't.

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:37 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stewies Mom

Tito wrote:
mllefifi wrote:
Tito wrote:
mllefifi wrote:

I didn't.

I won't.

Nor will I.

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

TheVeryMerryHempster wrote:
There used to a sect of super Christians called Marcionites who thought anything that was flesh or physical was the embodiment of evil. To them, pregnancy was repulsive because it trapped another spirit unwillingly in the physical form.

So it doesn't really fit in with this discussion per se, but I though ya'll might find it interesting...
which clearly explains why they're "used to be"

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tito

Ginjg wrote:

That's not why. It was the kryptonite.

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lavandula Girl

All this time I've been telling the kids that babies are kryptonite.... keep this quiet, will ya?

Post Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Ginjg wrote:

They and the Shakers.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: