Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

What are you writing now?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Taco Bob

What are you writing now?  Reply with quote  

Okay, so there are a lot of people here working on something Ė some have been at it for years, some just a short while. Letís hear about your current project (this includes you, AG. Whatís on the pad now?)
For me, Iíve got my two Texas books finished, so Iím taking a break. I do have pages of notes for three more though, including Key Wicked - the further adventures of three sisters running a hotel in Key West.

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sugarraydodge

I spent all last year writing bonus chapters for my existing novels, 2 for each of them, and I promised myself I would start a proper 4th novel this year. But I have come to the realization that I didn't really write six stand-alone bonus chapters for three books, but rather the first two acts of three respective story arcs, and I feel compelled to write the third and final acts for all of them. After that is done, I will start work on Novel 4 without my characters from novels 1 - 3 screaming at me to finish their stories. I don't care if I have to kill every single one of them! They are going to leave me alone, dammit! Razz

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Regina

I am working on a young adult novel, and that's all I'ma gonna say about it fer now. For some reason, an older project keeps popping into my head. I'll probably revisit that one when I am finished with the first draft.

My next plan, to keep me producing new stuff while also doing rewrites, is to try to write a piece of flash fiction a day for a month (excluding weekends). Sort of an experiment. Maybe that's too ambitious though...

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 am   View user's profile Send private message
LadyJewelleah

I am working on a vampire novel that is just one part of a grander story. It is something I first thought about writing over 8 years ago. This story actually led to some other stories (back story) that have turned out to be very important to me.

For now, I am focusing on this modern day vampire story (with a twist), set in Boston, MA. I will end by saying that this is not a story about a bunch of whiney teenage angst vampires falling in love with humans.

Hopefully though, it will get a positive attention when it is complete.

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Mostly my name in its various incarnations- wait, what are we talking about?
Sorry, I've been sleep deprived lately...

Seriously, I'm about to make my mysterious announcement & when I do,
I'll need to get in touch with all the published writers on the board-
intrigued yet? Twisted Evil

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sephonae

Currently I'm:

-Still querying agents for my supernatural thriller type whatsit (I've had three agents over the past year and a half ask for the full manuscript only to pass on offering representation, so heigh-ho, heigh-ho, a-querying I continue to go...).

-Stalled on two story projects, one a film within a story featuring a widow caught in a love-triangle, a vengeful ghost, and a crazed stalker fan; the other, the "memoirs" of a chick who became a vampire in 1987.

-I dusted off a romance based on a Greek myth that I wrote back in 1999/2000 and am doing some ruthless tweaking. An editorial asst. at a publishing co. had asked for the full ms just before Sept. 11, 2001 - their offices were pretty dang close to ground zero, so I wound up waiting over a year for her reply. She passed on it but gave me some notes. At the time, I was pretty crushed and didn't have the wherewithal to pick myself up and work on it some more. Now I've decided to see what I can salvage from it and cast it out into the savage waters once again.

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Sephonae

zendao42 wrote:

::taps fingers::

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

a travel guide for Zombies.

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Sounds good, LIW- are ya gonna post an outline or chapter title list here so we can get a sample? Wink

I've had a couple of possible ideas fall in my lap in the past few months
but nothing I ever intended to write about & one thing's even a true story...

Sephonae wrote:
zendao42 wrote:

It'll be this week, lord willin' & the creeks don't rise-
just gotta get some rest & a link or 3 together...

Hey, who's the fan stalking?
Tell us some things about your stalled projects & maybe we can help unstick you...

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

It's just in the idea stage for now, but kind of fun. I'm doing it as a combination of an actual travel guide for zombies, and the problems the writing staff has getting their work done while turning into zombies themselves. Here's one entire section:

Traveling With Pets

Don't. You'll eat their brains.

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
Watching The Wheels

I'm writing about an angst-ridden teen wandering around NYC, casting scorn upon all the lousy, goddam phonies of the world. Also, he hates growing up.

I got a good feeling about this one.

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:19 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sephonae

Watching The Wheels wrote:
I'm writing about an angst-ridden teen wandering around NYC, casting scorn upon all the lousy, goddam phonies of the world. Also, he hates growing up.

Pffft! Itíll never sell. Laughing

zendao42 wrote:
Sephonae wrote:
zendao42 wrote:

It'll be this week, lord willin' & the creeks don't rise-
just gotta get some rest & a link or 3 together...

OK, but Iím on tenterhooks over here. (Ouch.) Seriously, if I gotta start knitting booties, I'm gonna need some advance notice, Ďkay? Twisted Evil

zendao42 wrote:
Hey, who's the fan stalking?
Tell us some things about your stalled projects & maybe we can help unstick you...

The fanís stalking a fictional actor (based on a real life dude). That project stalled for a few reasons, one being that the story takes place during the making of a movie. A guy I know is an up-and-coming producer and he agreed to let me quiz him on the process of film making in exchange for dinner, but when he was free I wasnít, and now heís doing a number of projects, so heís kinda busy. When Iím up to it, I write bits that arenít film related, but Iíd rather have more info before I get too far into it.

The other project was my attempt at NaNoWriMo in 2008. I didnít get to 50K in a month, but I liked the reckless way I launched into writing it and have tinkered with it since. Now that Iím in revision mode with my Greek thing, Iím not in a mindset to attack it again, just yet.

[whine] What with working on sending out queries/partials of my completed work to agents, and my full-time gig, and my son, I only have so much spare time in a day, ya dig? And I have to own up to a typical and stupid mistake, with both projects Ė I allowed myself to dwell on the enormity of the scope of what I want to do with them and it just overwhelmed me. I psyched myself out and let some personal shit thatís been weighing me down be my excuse for not applying myself to writing. Itís lame and I know it, but I also know that when I come out of the long dark tea-time of my soul, Iíll have at it, gangbusters. I'm pretty self-disciplined, when I'm in the zone. Just gotta get my groove back. [/whine]

Oh yeah, I just remembered - on the bright side, I was able to get my shit together enough to write a short story for a Writer's Digest competition last fall, so, yay me! I could already be a winner! Very Happy

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wonko

Hey, Seph!

Wink Laughing

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:48 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sephonae

^That is SO me! Laughing

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:06 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
FattyFattyPorkFace

I have finished my first novel - or at least I have reached the end, there are some edits to make before I let it rest for a bit.

I also started my second novel but Google lost the 4 paragraphs I had written while on vacation, so I'll be starting that again shortly.

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: