Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

What are you writing now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sephonae

^Kudos, FFPF. How were you storing it on Google? Via Gmail?

Am enjoying my editing right now, though I realized one of my biggest writing flaws is overuse of adverbs (she wrote irritatedly). Rolling Eyes I'm pulling those suckers out like they're ticks in a bullseye!!! Twisted Evil

Post Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Regina

Congrats on finishing the first novel FFPF!

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Sephonae wrote:
[...]one of my biggest writing flaws is overuse of adverbs (she wrote irritatedly). Rolling Eyes I'm pulling those suckers out like they're ticks in a bullseye!!! Twisted Evil

Remember also that prepositional phrases, too, generally have an adverbial function -- on a regular basis. Mr. Green

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goudron

Google is supposed to find things, not lose them. Do they have a lost and found section?

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CarbonFragments

I too have finished up my first novel recently. In re-writes for it now, with the idea for a second one brewing in a sack I keep in a post-it note locker.

Ehy! Why didn't anyone tell me the re-writes were the hard part!

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Glennergy

CarbonFragments wrote:
Why didn't anyone tell me the re-writes were the hard part!

Congrats FFPF and CF! Ditto here. I expect my rewrite to be done by the end of the week.

CF: rewriting still beats a regular job!

I assume you two will give publishing dates and details when the time comes?

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
CarbonFragments

Glennergy, Im still working a regular job... Sad

IF a pub date ever comes, of course I will tell everyone.

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Heather Chandler

I'm working on two screenplays right now. One is about sixty pages in, the other a little less than thirty. I finished my first one in September. I'm going to finish the current two, work on the re-writes, and then try to determinedly pitch them to...well...everybody, hoping that one of them will get picked up.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Glennergy

I've finished my first novel, spent 10 12-hour days rewriting it, and it's off to a friend who's pushing it to some agents for me (YAY!). I've never felt this confident about a project.

I spent a day playing with a couple short stories I had on the back burner to meet my self-imposed 1,000-words-a-day discipline, but now -- novel two.

BTW, it's great to read about other writers' works in progress. Glad I found this BBS.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Well, I've moved house now and I only have a few boxes to unpack so hopefully a return to writing soon. That means editing book 1 and getting restarted on book 2. I can feel the excitement already. Hopefully, some day someone will read my words and not be completely embarrassed for me. That's all anyone can hope for.

That reminds me, does anyone else have those moments when you learn a new thing about others' realities and realise that you're the exception, not the rule? Devastating in so many ways.

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Glennergy

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Well, I've moved house now and I only have a few boxes to unpack so hopefully a return to writing soon. That means editing book 1 and getting restarted on book 2. I can feel the excitement already. Hopefully, some day someone will read my words and not be completely embarrassed for me. That's all anyone can hope for.

At the risk of seriously pissing you off (what can I say, that's how I roll), is that enough? I know, I know, we have to be satisfied with our own work, but I'm manifesting WAAAY more than that for myself...

I think you're setting your bar too low, FFPF.

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
mllefifi

Glennergy wrote:
[...] I think you're setting your bar too low, FFPF.

If that's not a euphemism, I don't know what is...

Shocked Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

*Jeff* walks into a bar- you'd think he'd learn to duck by now... Twisted Evil

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:

That reminds me, does anyone else have those moments when you learn a new thing about others' realities and realise that you're the exception, not the rule? Devastating in so many ways.

Here's what I have to say about that lately:
"Your perceptions are irrelevant to my reality"

Feel free to steal & make your own use of it... Wink

Oh, & congrats on the move (or prograts, if you prefer)-
you can now indulge in those magic 'shrooms if ya wanna... Twisted Evil

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
yangnome

I thought I had already posted to this thread, but I guess not. I'm working on the rewrite to my current WIP, Napalm Sticks to Kids. You can see an excerpt here: http://www.wrymnreason.com/?p=9

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
CrispyHobo

Right at the moment I'm working on a short story about two people who are about to die from a horrible flesh eating virus (it's actually a comedy).

Then I have two ideas going through my head that I can't decide which to start on. One is about a child killer, although there is a kind of twist by the end that makes him a little more likable. The other is about a best selling eccentric author (possibly on the brink of insanity) doing research for his next book. I've got some funny scenes in mind for it, but the plot still needs more work.

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:43 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: