Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

LOOK AT ME, I'M NEW!!! GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CrispyHobo

LOOK AT ME, I'M NEW!!! GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!!  Reply with quote  

Well, after being a fan for about 5 or so years, scanning this message board every once and a while during that time, and finally creating a profile about two months ago, I've finally decided to join in on all the fun! Although I do not have pie, so I'll live with it if you fellow fans decide I'm not worthy.

Right now I'm a student, possibly working toward a degree in physics or math, to do something that will beat scrubbing the toilets at a Hobby Lobby in the middle of Missouri (my current employment and location in hell).

I'm thirty seven, have twelve kids (all by different women), can bench press about 380 pounds, own 5 horses, and am known to be a compulsive liar. Razz

Anyway, I am currently reading Island of the Sequined Love Nun for the first time, and only two books away from finishing The Collection (Coyote Blue and Fluke), which I am then expecting some type of a reward from Mr. Moore himself, preferably my own tiny island (and a monkey named Jeff will be included I'm assuming). We get some form of compensation for sitting through all 12, right guys?

So far Fool is my favorite of Chris' spawns, followed by a tie between A Dirty Job and Lust Lizard. After that things get a little fuzzy, mainly because if I start thinking about more than three Moore books at a time the zaniness becomes too much and I have to reach for the nearest bottle of whiskey or syringe to bring me back down to reality.

Also speaking of reality, I'm actually 20, with no kids, engaged (and have pushed Lamb and A Dirty Job on her so far), and can barely lift a full can of Coke let allow whatever amount I made up above that I am too lazy to scroll up to see right now (I'm honestly shocked I find the energy to push these buttons down sometimes).

Which is why I need that fucking monkey Chris!

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Very Happy Welcome!

Have some cocoa, it'll warm for the strip search & tastes great with pie-
wait a minute, where's the pie? Shocked

Now, I've got plenty of b'day desserts left but the rest of these pie hounds ain't gonna let you off that easy...

Ya don't gotta bake it yerself, just tell us all about it-
I mean, if you're making things up anyway, why not make them tasty? Wink

BTW, lemme know when you can bench press all 5 horses... Twisted Evil

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Watching The Wheels

Hiya!

zendao42 wrote:
Now, I've got plenty of b'day desserts left but the rest of these pie hounds ain't gonna let you off that easy...

Ya don't gotta bake it yerself...

Actually. I recommend baking it yourself. Don't let your future helper-monkey help you bake the pie.

...I don't trust monkey pie.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
CrispyHobo

Before I have an angry mob at my doorstep:

Hopefully that'll make up for it.

I feel kinda stupid for writing an introduction and not even putting my name. So hi, my name is Shadoe Sundown Price. Nice to meet you all. Smile

Now, when does the strip search commence?Very Happy

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:40 am   View user's profile Send private message
Wingnut

CrispyHobo wrote:

Now, when does the strip search commence?Very Happy

JOE! We got a live one! *sigh. When will these kids learn? Joe likes KEY LIME pie, not lemon meringue. Ah well. CrispyHobo? You're totally not gonna like Wednesdays.

Hi, and welcome!

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
lisa

I would not recommend the monkey. He is British.

Hi and welcome. I'm not Canadian. I'm not even American. But I loves the pie. Very Happy

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

So...you brought pie.
Haven't been strip searched.
Have ye een read the rrrules laddie!?
Are ye nekkid?
Sittin ona stack of Moore books?
Look a seagull!
*inspects pie for monkey hairs...*

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:22 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:17 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
girlEgirl

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wonko

Re: LOOK AT ME, I'M NEW!!! GIVE ME ATTENTION!!!!  Reply with quote  

CrispyHobo wrote:

We get some form of compensation for sitting through all 12, right guys?

The reward is many hours of enjoyment and riotous laughter.

The term 'compensation' makes it sound like you feel as if you completed some arduous task which was unpleasant in its undertaking, and would require no small recompense to make your suffering worthwhile. I trust that is not the way you meant it to sound. If you did, you are in the wrong place.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CrispyHobo

Quote:

The term 'compensation' makes it sound like you feel as if you completed some arduous task which was unpleasant in its undertaking, and would require no small recompense to make your suffering worthwhile. I trust that is not the way you meant it to sound. If you did, you are in the wrong place.

Oh, I know. But I only say it only in jest. Smile The AG seems to have a good sense of humor so I'm not worried of offending.

And yes I am indeed naked and sitting on my Moore stack, right now wondering how I'm going to get this assprint out of my copy of Lamb. Shocked

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

CrispyHobo wrote:
Quote:

Oh, I know. But I only say it only in jest. Smile The AG seems to have a good sense of humor so I'm not worried of offending.

And yes I am indeed naked and sitting on my Moore stack, right now wondering how I'm going to get this assprint out of my copy of Lamb. Shocked

Tis customary to place a towel or other such barrier twixt thine sweaty arse
and the holy tomes which are the books of The AG. n00b. Wink

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Welcome, Crispy.

Hey, WTW, 'twould appear you now have a Fruitbat with whom you may indulge your evil math-ish tendencies.

::shudders::

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CarbonFragments

Math huh? We don't be takin kin-dly to random numbers round here...

Dough, *spits into a copper pot* you did be resistin ta make one of dem smart peoples math jokes by posting "Pi" in place of da eats. *spits into a copper pot then sniffs loudly* I guessin you might be alright round these parts den...

Whew, now that I have that out of my system. Welcome!

Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:52 am   View user's profile Send private message
Stewies Mom

Hallo, Hobo!

Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:06 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: