Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> BITE ME: A Love Story

Ship Captain Question (SPOILER ALERT)

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
EagleMorph

Ship Captain Question (SPOILER ALERT)  Reply with quote  

SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ YET - ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE!

Okay, enough of that....

Perhaps I was too eager to keep reading and simply misunderstood, but is the thin black aura around Kona because he's drinking little bits of vampire blood, similar to how the aura shows up around Abby when her vampyness starts to break down? And, since he'll naturally stop drinking it with just Jody around, is he going to get better?

Or is the life aura the result of the many, many, many tokes of his pet bong to celebrate Jah's sweet mercy?

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sephonae

The black aura's supposed to indicate terminal illness, I believe, so I reckon he has the beginnings of something serious coming on. I wasn't sure about him drinking the vamp's blood - was that keeping his illness from worsening, or was he just psychologically addicted to it?

AG?

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jinxted

And I'm dying to know how his story got entwined with Eli & crew

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
No1451

Jinxted wrote:
And I'm dying to know how his story got entwined with Eli & crew

Same, according to the AG he doesn't actually know how it happened. Hopefully theres some sort of coverage of that bit in a later book. You hear that Chris? You better be writing or I will straight up wreck you!

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
IdiotCroissant

spoiler  Reply with quote  

The black aura indicated that he was near death. The captain had been drinking vamp blood, but had not become a vamp. A pivotal plot point was that everyone that became a vamp from a low level vamp died, so I would suppose that just having a nip would cause potential death eventually, too.

Post Sun May 23, 2010 7:23 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

Seems more likely that the thin black aura indicates that he will be undead once killed. The fact that he has a pink aura in the most part implies he's otherwise healthy. As he has been drinking vampire blood, should he die, he will become undead. This is what I interpreted from the description of his aura.

Post Mon May 31, 2010 5:04 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wonko

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
Seems more likely that the thin black aura indicates that he will be undead once killed. The fact that he has a pink aura in the most part implies he's otherwise healthy. As he has been drinking vampire blood, should he die, he will become undead. This is what I interpreted from the description of his aura.

That's what seemed the most likely to me. And since he's beed feeding off of the secondary vamps; when he does die, he won't have a long afterlife as a vampire.

Post Mon May 31, 2010 5:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: