Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

What Kind of A Name Is "Fish?"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fish?

What Kind of A Name Is "Fish?"  Reply with quote  

Cripes, you'd think I would have discovered this place alot sooner. Especially considering I'm about 10 days away from being shipped out to Navy boot camp. Precious little time...

But I'm determined this won't be all you'll see of me. Soon as they let me out (or I escape, whichever comes first) I fully plan on becoming a regular in this happy little haunt for all us Moore fans. To my credit, I've read Fluke, Blood Sucking Fiends, You Suck, and most recently, Bite Me.

Yeah, a real lightweight compared to most of you, I'm sure. But everyone's got to start somewhere, right? Really, I'm just excited to have a chance to pal around with such an eclectic bunch of book goons.

So yeah, about the name. "Fish" is what men like my father call the Submarine Warfare pin. I hope to earn mine some time in the very near future as a qualified submariner in the United States Navy. And you know I'll be squirreling away plenty of Moore books under my rack for all the upcoming patrols. Something to help pass the time during lonely nights spent breathing recycled air in a cramped, nuclear-powered beer can.

Go Navy! Very Happy

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Welcome, Boot-Camp Dude. All that training's not saving your ass if you don't make with the pie. Just sayin'. Wink

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
JustAGirl

Hello Sailor!

Good luck at boot camp!

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Fish?

Thank you very much, you two. Glad to be here.

Though... I can't help but feel I'm missing something about... Pie?
Is that an inside joke or are you just putting one over on the new guy? Razz

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Hello Fish? Smile

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

Very Happy Welcome!

Have some cocoa, it'll warm you for the strip search & goes great with pie-
hang on a second, where's the pie? Shocked

We're very serious about pie- go read other intro threads if you don't believe me-
& we like it to be sweet, not savory...

I was wondering for a minute if you were a OLTL fan cuz FISH is the name of a gay cop on there-
oh well, probably nobody else knows what I mean...

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fortune cookie

Welcome!
Make with the pie, an' I'll never refer to you as "squiddly".
Ya might think of pickin up some of the "Key Weird" series.
Taco Bob spins a great yarn.
Mr, Undesireable, by Budda is great reading in cramped quarters.
(don't ask how I know this)
If yer gon' be "breathing recycled air in a cramped, nuclear-powered beer can", yer gonna need plenty of reading..

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Fish? wrote:

Read The Rules, n00b. Very Happy

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wonko

zendao42 wrote:

I was wondering for a minute if you were a OLTL fan cuz FISH is the name of a gay cop on there-
oh well, probably nobody else knows what I mean...

Detective Fish was gay? But... But... he had a wife... and a houseful of adopted kids... and they would never allow a homosexual man to adopt back in the seventies...

What has your soap opera done?

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fish?

Sephonae wrote:
Fish? wrote:

Read The Rules, n00b. Very Happy

I see... 0.o;

Well, I've had to abide by worse before. I can hack it. This is a little awkward standing here, though. I only have a short stack of Moore books to use as a chair and I value them far too much to leave butt prints on them. Plus if I put Bite Me on top it'll look like Abby is nomming on my ass. My cat is also named Abby. (No lie, just coincidence.)

She's staring at me right now... >.>;

Also, I didn't see anything in the rules about any kind of pie, sweet or otherwise. But I'm not willing to find out what would be done to me by my new "friends" if I tried to argue. I hope my submission is acceptable.

Apple Pie

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:03 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Fish? wrote:
Also, I didn't see anything in the rules about any kind of pie, sweet or otherwise.

Aw, geez. Rolling Eyes I keep forgetting that. Well, you provided pie and, though I do abhor Apple, your offering has saved you.

Next time, make it chocolate. Wink

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ginjg

Seph, Please, you do the strip search on ghoti? - Joelibris has been remiss lately. We can't let our boy in blue go uninitiated

So, let's see -yep. that's a three-fer: Ghoti? gets Seph's "slow hand", Seph get's the boy in blue and Joe misses out on a man in uniform as punishment for being mia.

I so love multitasking my decrees.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Last edited by Ginjg on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
fortune cookie

Ginjg wrote:
Seph, Please, you do the strip search on ghoti - Joelibris has been remiss lately. We can't let our boy in blue go uninitiated

So, let's see -yep. that's a three-fer: Ghoti gets Seph's "slow hand", Seph get's the boy in blue and Joe misses out on a man in uniform as punishment for being mia.

A trifecta!
Your Diva divinity is matched only by your awesomeness and generosity!

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:05 am   View user's profile Send private message
Fish?

Ever stumble upon a cult ritual with half a sandwich in your hand, and you what to run but all you can really to is stand there and gawk at all the dark lunacy unfolding around you?

I am so there. o_o;

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:57 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae

Ginjg wrote:
Seph, Please, you do the strip search on ghoti - Joelibris has been remiss lately. We can't let our boy in blue go uninitiated

So, let's see -yep. that's a three-fer: Ghoti gets Seph's "slow hand", Seph get's the boy in blue and Joe misses out on a man in uniform as punishment for being mia.

Many thanks, Diva Ultima, for your confidence in my abilities, but I think bleu's a past master at this kinda thing...

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: