Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?


bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

What Kind of A Name Is "Fish?"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ginjg



Joined: 04 Sep 2004
Posts: 6617
Location: Los Angeles
 Reply with quote  

Ahhh, yes, Bleu does Blue. Very clever Seph.

But I'm not a Diva Ultima - that would be Hillary, Lauren, & Suetu, followed by Deb, SaraLeigh, Klari, Gracie and a few others. I'm a tertiary level Diva at best.
_________________
To Learn is to Know
To Know is to Love
To Love is our aim

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fish?



Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Posts: 18
Location: To Be Determined
 Reply with quote  

Either way, it just goes to show what has been unfailingly true in all the forums I've ever lurked in: The women rule the roost.

Without a doubt. ^^;

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 5218
Location: New York
 Reply with quote  

Ginjg wrote:
I'm a tertiary level Diva at best.

Nuh-uh. Joelibris used to have as his sig something in relation to you being an Ultima Diva, so there. Very Happy

(Besides which, you're responsible for all the Fruitbat shop stuff, and if that don't give you "Ultima Diva" status, I'll eat my hat.)

(Not that I wear hats, but you know what I'm sayin'.)
_________________
<=== Dressing in dismal chic and maintaining her detached aura of aristocratic chill since 1985.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You can't wipe your ass with empty promises." - thread title, by walk

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Wingnut



Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 2602
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
 Reply with quote  

Welcome, Ghoti? !

Can I call you Ghoti??

Thanks for the apple pie!
_________________
"Smacking yourself with a thawed meat-hammer never has a desired effect." - Jinxted

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
girlEgirl



Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 6412
Location: olympia, wa
 Reply with quote  

Fish? wrote:
Either way, it just goes to show what has been unfailingly true in all the forums I've ever lurked in: The women rule the roost.

Without a doubt. ^^;


if the men are lucky.
_________________
clowns are people too...people who want to hurt you.

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fish?



Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Posts: 18
Location: To Be Determined
 Reply with quote  

Wingnut wrote:
Welcome, Ghoti? !

Can I call you Ghoti??

Thanks for the apple pie!


Sure, dude. You're welcome. If I say yes, would to promise not to stab me? o.o;

[Appeals to the others.] This guy totally won't stab me right? Or cook my entrails?

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie



Joined: 18 Mar 2006
Posts: 10534
Location: Easy street
 Reply with quote  

Fish? wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Welcome, Ghoti? !

Can I call you Ghoti??

Thanks for the apple pie!


Sure, dude. You're welcome. If I say yes, would to promise not to stab me? o.o;

[Appeals to the others.] This guy totally won't stab me right? Or cook my entrails?


He's a geographer, the worst you'll get is, ink poisoning, maybe a bad papercut...
_________________
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood.
But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there." Dana Gould

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:21 am   View user's profile Send private message
Katy O



Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Posts: 5127
Location: DFW Metroplex - TX
 Reply with quote  

Hi Fish. Good luck with boot camp - you know they're letting women on the subs now, right?

One of my best friend's husband served on a sub as engineer. Now he works for the NRC and gets every other Friday off in addition to about 56 paid holidays a year. Not a bad gig.

Welcome to the Board!
_________________
Talk about wasted technology. Until they also perfect
pee-at-the-pump, you still have to go inside the store.

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:54 am   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Fish?



Joined: 22 Apr 2010
Posts: 18
Location: To Be Determined
 Reply with quote  

Speaking of which: This is my final day folks.

First thing tomorrow morning, it's off to Navy boot camp for yours truly. =/

Post Sun May 02, 2010 10:49 am   View user's profile Send private message
Sephonae



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 5218
Location: New York
 Reply with quote  

Good luck, Dude!
_________________
<=== Dressing in dismal chic and maintaining her detached aura of aristocratic chill since 1985.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"You can't wipe your ass with empty promises." - thread title, by walk

Post Sun May 02, 2010 10:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
girlEgirl



Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 6412
Location: olympia, wa
 Reply with quote  

Fish? wrote:
Speaking of which: This is my final day folks.

First thing tomorrow morning, it's off to Navy boot camp for yours truly. =/


are you gonna be able to go online while you're there?
_________________
clowns are people too...people who want to hurt you.

Post Sun May 02, 2010 11:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wingnut



Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 2602
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
 Reply with quote  

fortune cookie wrote:
Fish? wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Welcome, Ghoti? !

Can I call you Ghoti??

Thanks for the apple pie!


Sure, dude. You're welcome. If I say yes, would to promise not to stab me? o.o;

[Appeals to the others.] This guy totally won't stab me right? Or cook my entrails?


He's a geographer, the worst you'll get is, ink poisoning, maybe a bad papercut...


Pretty much, yep. Hey, just out of curiosity, did you get the Ghoti reference that I carried over from Ginjg's post? Cuz to me, that shit is funny. Laughing

Navy, huh? There are, I suppose, worse things than being stuck on board a bucket for months at a time in the middle of the ocean. Can't think what those might be, though.
_________________
"Smacking yourself with a thawed meat-hammer never has a desired effect." - Jinxted

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Sun May 02, 2010 12:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
girlEgirl



Joined: 19 Oct 2007
Posts: 6412
Location: olympia, wa
 Reply with quote  

Wingnut wrote:
fortune cookie wrote:
Fish? wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Welcome, Ghoti? !

Can I call you Ghoti??

Thanks for the apple pie!


Sure, dude. You're welcome. If I say yes, would to promise not to stab me? o.o;

[Appeals to the others.] This guy totally won't stab me right? Or cook my entrails?


He's a geographer, the worst you'll get is, ink poisoning, maybe a bad papercut...


Pretty much, yep. Hey, just out of curiosity, did you get the Ghoti reference that I carried over from Ginjg's post? Cuz to me, that shit is funny. Laughing

Navy, huh? There are, I suppose, worse things than being stuck on board a bucket for months at a time in the middle of the ocean. Can't think what those might be, though.


studying geography. Twisted Evil what's a ghoti?
_________________
clowns are people too...people who want to hurt you.

Post Sun May 02, 2010 4:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wingnut



Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 2602
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
 Reply with quote  

girlEgirl wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
fortune cookie wrote:
Fish? wrote:
Wingnut wrote:
Welcome, Ghoti? !

Can I call you Ghoti??

Thanks for the apple pie!


Sure, dude. You're welcome. If I say yes, would to promise not to stab me? o.o;

[Appeals to the others.] This guy totally won't stab me right? Or cook my entrails?


He's a geographer, the worst you'll get is, ink poisoning, maybe a bad papercut...


Pretty much, yep. Hey, just out of curiosity, did you get the Ghoti reference that I carried over from Ginjg's post? Cuz to me, that shit is funny. Laughing

Navy, huh? There are, I suppose, worse things than being stuck on board a bucket for months at a time in the middle of the ocean. Can't think what those might be, though.


studying geography. Twisted Evil what's a ghoti?


Oooh, ouch. Does your brother know you talk like that? Very Happy

The 'gh' is pronounced like in 'tough', the 'o' is pronounced like in 'women', and the 'ti' is pronounced like in 'fiction'.

(which gives you 'ghoti', which is pronounced like 'fish'.)


(cuz that shit is funny.)
_________________
"Smacking yourself with a thawed meat-hammer never has a desired effect." - Jinxted

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Sun May 02, 2010 5:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Wingnut



Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Posts: 2602
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
 Reply with quote  

Ginjg wrote:


But I'm not a Diva Ultima ... I'm a tertiary level Diva at best.


Wait, what? Shocked

Don't you run shop fruitbat, and all that cool stuff?
_________________
"Smacking yourself with a thawed meat-hammer never has a desired effect." - Jinxted

"Life's too short to get wrapped around the axle about the little things." - SK

-The First Law of Geography: Everything is Connected to Everything Else.

Post Sun May 02, 2010 5:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
  Display posts from previous:      
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 
Templates created by Vereor and Ken