Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Who's Who

South Boston poster child

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
John

South Boston poster child  Reply with quote  

My son Conor. In about 18 years he will be saying;

"Hey, let's go to a Hahvad ba and fuck up some smaht kids."

If you look close you can even see that he has a black eye. His first, but I am positive it won't be his last.

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lib

Conor is such a cutie!
John Dear, quit beating the child...play nice. Razz

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

Re: South Boston poster child  Reply with quote  

John wrote:

"Hey, let's go to a Hahvad ba and fuck up some smaht kids."
... sounds like a line out of Good Will Hunting

Ah... and to think, my wife wanted to buy a summer home in MA...

I hope his eye is ok... Our daughter got a black eye the other day... we still don't know how it happened... so far she has blame me, my wife, her slightly older brother, and one of her stuffed animals... In all likelyhood, it was probably me or my wife... although our son was very quick to take credit for it...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Sara Leigh

What a cutie! How old?

They never have explained how I ended up with a broken arm at the age of 2. I'm sure it was child abuse, but no one's fessed up yet and I think the statute of limitations has expired. Twisted Evil

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:34 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
JennyO

He's gorgeous, John.

Maybe we should get him together with my daughter - the master of the black eye. This is a picture I took of her when she got her whopper. It actually looked much worse than this at one point.

(Sorry guys...picture removed so hubby doesn't strangle me for posting pics of my kids.... Sad )

She was running full speed ahead and faceplanted into a bench at a playground. Kids love to scare their parents, don't they?

Jen

Last edited by JennyO on Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:39 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
John

JennyO wrote:
He's gorgeous, John.

Maybe we should get him together with my daughter - the master of the black eye. This is a picture I took of her when she got her whopper. It actually looked much worse than this at one point.

She was running full speed ahead and faceplanted into a bench at a playground. Kids love to scare their parents, don't they?

Jen

Yikes! That looks like it hurt.

Conor turned two in October. As for the black eye, both my wife and I were right there as we watched him run right into the corner of a stove at my brother's house. This was a few days after so you can just barely see the cut. He was ok. Like my father always said; "You can't hurt an Irishman if you hit him in the head."

Ding Ding! Conspiracies Unlimited wins a kewpie doll!

You are correct. That line is, indeed, from Good Will Hunting.

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
conspiracies unlimited

OUCH!!!  Reply with quote  

Jesus H Christ on a Popsicle Stick!!!

Jenny, If that had been my doaghter, I would have dropped dead of a heart attack on the spot!!! Yeah, kids love to scare their parents...

Ah, John, do I know my movies or what... As for the Irish comment -- I've heard that about the Wee Little Green People...

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JennyO

Re: OUCH!!!  Reply with quote  

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
Jesus H Christ on a Popsicle Stick!!!

Jenny, If that had been my doaghter, I would have dropped dead of a heart attack on the spot!!! Yeah, kids love to scare their parents...

Yeah, I thought I would too, but the mommy instinct kicked into overdrive. I just quickly grabbed a napkin and handful of ice (this was at a McDonald's playground), told her to hold it on her face, buckled her into her car seat, and drove directly to the ER (which was, conveniently, only 3 minutes away). She cried her little heart out for the first hour or so, but for the six or seven weeks after that while it healed and she looked absolutely horrendous, she felt just fine.

Oh, and yes, the McDonald's employees were all running after me trying to make sure she was okay (translation - Mommy wouldn't be filing suit against them), and I managed not to strangle any of them. I just clenched my teeth and said, "Kids. Fall. Down. GetoutofmywayNOW!"

Jen

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:57 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
conspiracies unlimited

sssheeesh... that picture gives me the willies!!!

Our daughter's shiner was barely noticable -- it looked more like an older bruis that was almost healed... good thing we had pulled her out of daycare prior to this -- otherwise we probably would have gotten a vist from Child Protective Services...

And 2 year olds make the best witnesses for the prosecution...

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:08 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JennyO

conspiracies unlimited wrote:
sssheeesh... that picture gives me the willies!!!

Don't worry. I'll probably take it down tomorrow. Hubby doesn't care for pictures of the family posted where anyone can see 'em.

Jen

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:36 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lauren

Jenny and John, you have incredibly cute kids, black eyes and all.

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Hillary

Lauren would make  Reply with quote  

cute kids. Smart ones too, but shes' a bitch and won't let anything habitate in her womb.

Damn nazi.

As for youz guyz - incredible adorable spawn.

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:16 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mister

Can't blame her. Who knows what could be gestating in there? I mean, you've all seen Alien. or Alien 3. Or Alien Resurrection. or The Ewok Adventure. Scary stuff man, scary.

Post Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: