Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Weird News

elephant paints self-portrait

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
simba major

elephant paints self-portrait  Reply with quote  

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAvJElLFAEQ

Post Fri May 28, 2010 12:31 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Lara

Yeah. The trainer is moving the trunk. Annoying. At first I was all WOW and then they showed the other elephant and it was way more apparent that the trainer had a firm hand guiding the trunk. wah.

*edit*

This is actually a different video than the one I saw. It is pretty impressive. I do think tho his stick is the guiding factor, hidden to the side.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
simba major

Really┐

Looks genuine to me, but I'll look again.

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

It probably only took a few days of teaching the exact movements for the elephant to learn it itself. Let's hope that poor learning wasn't rewarded with beatings.

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
simba major

Damned if I can see any fakery.

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:27 pm   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

simba major wrote:

I agree. I don't think it is fake in that the elephant did it, but I have no doubt whatsoever that they were learned motions rather than a true creation conceived in the mind of the elephant.

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
simba major wrote:

I agree. I don't think it is fake in that the elephant did it, but I have no doubt whatsoever that they were learned motions rather than a true creation conceived in the mind of the elephant.

And as we all know, an elephant never forgets.
What?

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:48 am   View user's profile Send private message
simba major

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
simba major wrote:

Agreed, but they must have a capability for proportion, etc., seeing as they get it to look right by themselves - I think that shows understanding of what they're doing, that they know it's an elephant.

I saw somewhere that they have dolphins using iPads, but I can't remember emactly how or for what.

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:58 am   View user's profile Send private message
FattyFattyPorkFace

e-mail, probably

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jillopy

^^

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Or, Farmville.

Post Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:23 am   View user's profile Send private message
Lara

Watching it again and another version of it, it is pretty cool.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1286305849

Post Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:01 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: