Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Inevitable gun control discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
simba major

Without any intention to be unpleasant, may I indicate my surprize that such a liberal crowd - as evidenced in the recent abortion thread - does not seem to include a single person who wants to see more stringent gun control.

And on this issue, at least, I seen to be the most liberal person on the board!

I don't know how to deal with this.

Shocked

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:56 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

may I point out that we are more pragmatic than liberal; we're reluctant to criminalize things merely because the relative few misuse them.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
sugarraydodge

I'm not a liberal, but I'm a bad barometer for this place. Ask anyone Razz

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
mllefifi

So, if weapons should not be concealed, does that mean that I can go around in public wearing only chaps on my legs, with no jeans or other pants underneath?

Shocked

Wink

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:54 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jinxted

I own guns and I condone the owning of guns to those people who are willing and able to treat each weapon with more respect than you would use with a hammer.

That being said here are 2 interesting news stories that are local to me at least, in the case of one buddy shooting the other in the back it may be a matter of walking downrange hastily or a gun falling off a shooting bench bench whichever the case the simple act of Clearing the Bloody Gods-Damned Chamber means no-one gets injured.

In the case of a hammer, how does one accidentlyy discharge a hammeer into another persons neck?

Which one do you ban the gun or the hammer, in both cases the Universal Law of Stupid Should Hurt applies.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Teen-shoots-teen-during-target-practice

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/Attack-with-hammer-a-misunderstanding

I need to learn how to hide links in text or smilies

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
simba major

mllefifi wrote:
So, if weapons should not be concealed, does that mean that I can go around in public wearing only chaps on my legs, with no jeans or other pants underneath?

Shocked

Wink

Only if you want dogs to howl and young children to cry.

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

Jinxted wrote:

In the case of a hammer, how does one accidentlyy discharge a hammeer into another persons neck?

Oh, you should have met Uncle Bob...

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:10 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kar98

simba major wrote:
Without any intention to be unpleasant, may I indicate my surprize that such a liberal crowd - as evidenced in the recent abortion thread - does not seem to include a single person who wants to see more stringent gun control.

And on this issue, at least, I seen to be the most liberal person on the board!

Liberal means "pro freedom", according to my dickshennari.
Pro freedom to do with one's body as one pleases. Pro freedom to run around in chaps. Pro freedom to yell shitfuckcockjesuscunt in a fire. Pro freedom of deciding whether I wanna be fucked over by some cum-breathing motherfucker in some alley or shooting his ass. Pro freedom of fucking anything that can consent. Pro freedom of getting fucking hammered with the drug of my choice and not getting arrested for evils that I "might" commit. Pro freedom of doing anything I damn well fucking please, as long as it doesn't infringe on anybody else's rights of being unharmed in body, psyche and property and doing damn well as he fucking pleases.

As for the phenomenon of calling people that are for "more restrictions" either liberals or whatever the fuck the other side is called, well, fuck if I know why y'all are so fucked in the head.
But what the fuck ever. Try and make me abide by rules. As Robert Heinlein wrote: I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

And you can take your labels of liberal or not, fold them, roll them and dispose of them as you see fit. If you think there's any kind of useful difference between the two major parties, or any use for the labels of Rep and Dem, you're fucking nuts.

To re-iterate: don't tell me what to fucking do. Don't tell me I can't read this, listen to this, say this, think this, drink that, eat, smoke, gurgle this, fuck that; don't tell me which, if any, church or temple I'm supposed to attend. And if you try *ka-click*, well, this is my boomstick...

Last edited by Kar98 on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:22 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
FattyFattyPorkFace

Completely agree with you Kar, they're all looking to impose more restrictions - just differ in their opinions on who gets restricted and what.

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
simba major

Then how do you square the miriad restrictions of political correctness, that most "liberal" of inventions?

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Kar98

simba major wrote:
Then how do you square the miriad restrictions of political correctness, that most "liberal" of inventions?

Not my job. If they were truly liberal, they wouldn't clamor for ever more restrictions, especially of freedom speech.

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
simba major

Kar98 wrote:
simba major wrote:

Not my job. If they were truly liberal, they wouldn't clamor for ever more restrictions, especially of freedom speech.

Now you're talkin' Very Happy

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:14 pm   View user's profile Send private message
sugarraydodge

Perfect visual aid to give this thread some perspective.

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:28 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
sgt_steve

FattyFattyPorkFace wrote:
simba major wrote:
I would never have a gun in my house.

Me neither, I can never fit my dick in the barrel.
That's not what I heard from . . . well, never mind. After all, it's just an old .22 and an ugly rumor.

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Kar98 wrote:
simba major wrote:

It's just another word that got co-opted by the enemies of freedom
& I'm talking about those that wanna turn it into a dirty word-
fuck y'all, I love "dirty" words, it's unnecessary Latin that skeeves me out...

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:17 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: