Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Inevitable gun control discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
fortune cookie

This sums it up fer me.
Mmmm, green Jell-0!

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message
simba major

zendao42 wrote:
Kar98 wrote:
simba major wrote:

Then how do you square the miriad restrictions of political correctness, that most "liberal" of inventions?

Not my job. If they were truly liberal, they wouldn't clamor for ever more restrictions, especially of freedom speech.

It's just another word that got co-opted by the enemies of freedom
& I'm talking about those that wanna turn it into a dirty word-
fuck y'all, I love "dirty" words, it's unnecessary Latin that skeeves me out...

Latinus regit!

Last edited by simba major on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:23 am   View user's profile Send private message
marksiwel

Hey, new here, have a head cold, so this might be alittle disjointed.

There are more gun owners than ever, and crime has been decreasing.

I have a Concealed Handgun License (Live in Texas), there is no reason I should be denied access or the ability to carry/own a firearm. Disarming me does not make me safer or the world safer.
I am very upset I had to jump through so many hoops just to exercise my RIGHT to self defense. Thats right, Free Speech, Owning a gun, and having a fair trail are all RIGHTS. Not privileges, not something you earn, but rights. Remember when they used to make people take tests before they could vote? Whatever happened to that? Oh yeah it was based on racisim. The first gun control laws were to keep guns out of Black hands so they couldnt defend themselves.
How does that Ben Franklin Quote about those who give up liberty for safety deserve neither? I do remember this one
""No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" "
or this one
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
--Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and Punishment (1764).
Or
God made man, Sam Colt made them equal.-Unknown
Sure it seems like a good idea to disarm people, but tell that to this guy
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/26/year-old-chicago-man-kills-armed-home-invader/
He's 80 years old, how tough do you think he is? Why should you disarm him and make it easier for the bad folks?

How many of you have gone out to a gun range? If you say never, I suggest you go. I have turned many people from being Anti-Gun to okay or even Pro-gun because I had them face those "scary" guns and realize they arent so scary,

The problem with most gun control is its nonsense.
AR15s, AK47s, and Machine guns are almost never used in Crimes. Yet we have people trying to ban them. Why? Because they look scary? Because they cant be used for hunting?
Guess what, the 2nd isnt just about being able to Defend your home, and go Duck Hunting. Its about keeping the government in check. The government is supposed to be scared of you, sadly over the last 100 years or so we seemed to have lost that.
lets look at History for some examples of gun control working
[img] http://janeqrepublican.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/gun_control_works2.jpg [/img]
It would be really hard to shove the Jews into Ovens if they were armed, now wouldnt it?

But how would that work today, how could some guys with a handful of weapons defend against a giant modern military.
It worked in Keora, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan (twice, USSR and USA).

Sorry if this seemed rantish, cold medicine and vicadin will do that to you. [/img]

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:46 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

I like this, ^ could almost make me forget he's a texan...

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:03 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Watching The Wheels

sugarraydodge wrote:
Perfect visual aid to give this thread some perspective.

Hahaha! I just came here to post this clip. Well done, sir.

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

simba major wrote:
zendao42 wrote:
Kar98 wrote:
simba major wrote:

Then how do you square the miriad restrictions of political correctness, that most "liberal" of inventions?

Not my job. If they were truly liberal, they wouldn't clamor for ever more restrictions, especially of freedom speech.

Latinus regit!

Totius vobis frontem tabernae sopionibus scribam! Razz

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kar98

zendao42 wrote:
simba major wrote:
zendao42 wrote:
Kar98 wrote:
simba major wrote:

Latinus regit!

Totius vobis frontem tabernae sopionibus scribam! Razz

About all y'all I will write garbage on the pub wall?

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
marksiwel

fortune cookie wrote:
I like this, ^ could almost make me forget he's a Texan...

Whats wrong with being a Texan, other than we're better than everyone else Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:37 am   View user's profile Send private message
simba major

Quote:

Totius vobis frontem tabernae sopionibus scribam!

About all y'all I will write garbage on the pub wall?

Really?

"Totius" defeats me. Should it be "totus"? "Frontem" confuses me.

The closest I can get is . . .

I will write above all bulging foreheads on the tavern with my penis.

Latinus regit sed latinus leonis maioris non regit. Sad

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:06 am   View user's profile Send private message
lisa

Re: -  Reply with quote  

marksiwel wrote:

I have a Concealed Handgun License (Live in Texas), there is no reason I should be denied access or the ability to carry/own a firearm. Disarming me does not make me safer or the world safer.
I am very upset I had to jump through so many hoops just to exercise my RIGHT to self defense. Thats right, Free Speech, Owning a gun, and having a fair trail are all RIGHTS. Not privileges, not something you earn, but rights. Remember when they used to make people take tests before they could vote? Whatever happened to that? Oh yeah it was based on racisim. The first gun control laws were to keep guns out of Black hands so they couldnt defend themselves.
How does that Ben Franklin Quote about those who give up liberty for safety deserve neither? I do remember this one
""No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" "
or this one
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
Or
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/26/year-old-chicago-man-kills-armed-home-invader/
He's 80 years old, how tough do you think he is? Why should you disarm him and make it easier for the bad folks?

How many of you have gone out to a gun range? If you say never, I suggest you go. I have turned many people from being Anti-Gun to okay or even Pro-gun because I had them face those "scary" guns and realize they arent so scary,

AR15s, AK47s, and Machine guns are almost never used in Crimes. Yet we have people trying to ban them. Why? Because they look scary? Because they cant be used for hunting?
Guess what, the 2nd isnt just about being able to Defend your home, and go Duck Hunting. Its about keeping the government in check. The government is supposed to be scared of you, sadly over the last 100 years or so we seemed to have lost that.
[img] http://janeqrepublican.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/gun_control_works2.jpg [/img]
It would be really hard to shove the Jews into Ovens if they were armed, now wouldnt it?

But how would that work today, how could some guys with a handful of weapons defend against a giant modern military.

Sorry if this seemed rantish, cold medicine and vicadin will do that to you. [/img]

I very much doubt if you did not have a head cold you would sound jointed.

There are dozens of countries and billions of people living without guns and it's called Civilization.

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:26 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
girlEgirl

marksiwel wrote:
fortune cookie wrote:
I like this, ^ could almost make me forget he's a Texan...

Whats wrong with being a Texan, other than we're better than everyone else Very Happy

oh kar is gonna like you! Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
girlEgirl

lisa wrote:
marksiwel wrote:

or this one
Or

There are dozens of countries and billions of people living without guns and it's called Civilization.

but shooting people is fun! plus overpopulation is a big problem nowadays sooo....

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:49 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fortune cookie

lisa wrote:

Cause being knifed is much more civilized. Laughing

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
simba major

fortune cookie wrote:
lisa wrote:

There is another option.

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:19 am   View user's profile Send private message
marksiwel

simba major wrote:
fortune cookie wrote:
lisa wrote:

There is another option.

stoning?

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:38 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: