Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Let's discuss immunization
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
simba major

Vahlee wrote:
because wikipedia is always the most trusted source.

If anyone disputes the definition they give, I'd love to hear about it.

They've done some studies and found that wikipedia is actually a pretty fine source, and more accurate than the print encyclopedias because it is so current.

But, hey, if you dispute it, please feel free to quote your own source.

Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:13 pm   View user's profile Send private message
chris
Site Admin

GeG

Get the Chicken Pox shot. It's not just chicken pox, but some really, really nasty diseases that can manifest in later life, that, as I understand it, are strains of a simlar herpes virus, like shingles.

Simba

Let it go. You want to think homeopathy is bullshit, just think it's bullshit. Don't try to convince other people it is.

In fact, vaccinations are a form of homeopathy. And Wikipedia proven accurate in "some studies", it's not something you want to carry into an argument. I can speak for many, many errors that have appeared on my Wikipedia page over the years, which I don't correct, by the way, because I want to see if I've done some interesting shit that I don't know about, but also, in researching books, I've run across quite a bit of stuff that's "speculative", let's say. It's okay for a casual reference, but I wouldn't be basing life decisions on it.

And aren't you just discussing how you feel about the definition of the word? WTF? Roll with it. I think vaccinations are voo doo, doesn't change the definition of voo doo. Jus means that i do a different voo doo than you do.

Maseltov

Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Vahlee

Great, now I have that damn VooDoo song stuck in my head.

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vahlee

simba major wrote:
Vahlee wrote:
because wikipedia is always the most trusted source.

If anyone disputes the definition they give, I'd love to hear about it.

They've done some studies and found that wikipedia is actually a pretty fine source, and more accurate than the print encyclopedias because it is so current.

But, hey, if you dispute it, please feel free to quote your own source.

You challenge me, you got it --

Ahem, From the Oxford English Dictionary:

"A system of medical practice founded by Hahnemann of Leipsic about 1796, according to which diseases are treated by the administration (usually in very small doses) of drugs which would produce in a healthy person symptoms closely resembling those of the disease treated --The fundamental doctrine of hom{oe}opathy is expressed in the Latin adage ‘Similia similibus curantur’, ‘likes are cured by likes’."

Dead/weakened viruses, in my opinion, would fall under this term, especially in diseases as smallpox where you actually do get a nice pock (poc? pok? whatever) at the sight of injection. Immunizations are based in homeopathy. In history, really, it's where they got their start.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Vahlee

Homeopathy is the way that the first "vaccine". Someone noticed that milkmaids were basically immune to Smallpox. Come to find out it was because they were more likely to get Cowpox earlier on, which was basically a milder form of smallpox. Because these women had gotten sick from the weaker version, their bodies built up the immunity to Smallpox. So Cowpox was the first vaccine against smallpox.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
simba major

I will bow to the wisdom of our most gracious host.

After all, I am not the center of the universe.

*Damn!*

Confused Wink Laughing

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:25 am   View user's profile Send private message
Vahlee

simba major wrote:

After all, I am not the center of the universe.

Nope, that would be Klari. It's all about her.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:53 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
simba major

Er, V, I think that's a doouble negative, but I'll let that go, too.

Practise makes perfect?

Let's hope.

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 am   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

Ginjg wrote:
Mercury is commonly used by homeopaths often for sore throat, middle ear infection and such.

Thimerosal was used in immunizations since the 1930s and never in single dose containers. even when used the amount is only a trace and considerably less in than in that serving of white meat tuna.

While the increase in the number of autism/aspergers cases is certainly affected by better diagnosis, it's nearly impossible that thimerosal or inoculations themselves or in combination are actually responsible. If they were there would have been a much earlier rise in "pervasive developmental disorders" and the non-immunized wouldn't have the same rate of diagnosis. I'd bet it's going to be eventually found to be a ubiquitous environmental contaminant.

ooops i meant that they use mercury in the shots, not homeopathic remedies....

so the non immunized have the same amount of autism cases? that i did not know....i hate those damn ubiquitous environmental contaminant's!

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:35 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ginjg

girlEgirl wrote:
Ginjg wrote:
Mercury is commonly used by homeopaths often for sore throat, middle ear infection and such.

Thimerosal was used in immunizations since the 1930s and never in single dose containers. even when used the amount is only a trace and considerably less in than in that serving of white meat tuna.

While the increase in the number of autism/aspergers cases is certainly affected by better diagnosis, it's nearly impossible that thimerosal or inoculations themselves or in combination are actually responsible. If they were there would have been a much earlier rise in "pervasive developmental disorders" and the non-immunized wouldn't have the same rate of diagnosis. I'd bet it's going to be eventually found to be a ubiquitous environmental contaminant.

so the non immunized have the same amount of autism cases? that i did not know....i hate those damn ubiquitous environmental contaminant's!

I know that's what you meant , but homeopaths do use mercury. The trace mercury that was in multiple dose containers of immunizations is in the thimerosol.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
girlEgirl

Ginjg wrote:
girlEgirl wrote:
Ginjg wrote:

I know that's what you meant , but homeopaths do use mercury. The trace mercury that was in multiple dose containers of immunizations is in the thimerosol.

thanks for the info ginjg. Very Happy

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:12 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vahlee

chris wrote:
I can speak for many, many errors that have appeared on my Wikipedia page over the years, which I don't correct, by the way, because I want to see if I've done some interesting shit that I don't know about...

Sharing this quote with my students on Tuesday. They're getting a paper assignment then and our campus is all about the Information Literacy thing. This will be a nice fun way to let them know DO NOT USE WIKI FOR PAPERS

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Vahlee wrote:
chris wrote:

I can speak for many, many errors that have appeared on my Wikipedia page over the years, which I don't correct, by the way, because I want to see if I've done some interesting shit that I don't know about...

Sharing this quote with my students on Tuesday. They're getting a paper assignment then and our campus is all about the Information Literacy thing. This will be a nice fun way to let them know DO NOT USE WIKI FOR PAPERS

Since I had all those blackouts, I probably did do a bunch of shit I don't know about-
good thing there was no Wiki in the 90s (that, & nobody knew who the hell I was)... Razz

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
girlEgirl

zendao42 wrote:
Vahlee wrote:
chris wrote:

Since I had all those blackouts, I probably did do a bunch of shit I don't know about-
good thing there was no Wiki in the 90s (that, & nobody knew who the hell I was)... Razz

i am just so glad that the technology to constantly film shit, was still too pricey for the people that i partied with back then. thank freaking god!

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:10 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Kar98

Vahlee wrote:

You challenge me, you got it --

Ahem, From the Oxford English Dictionary:

"A system of medical practice founded by Hahnemann of Leipsic about 1796, according to which diseases are treated by the administration (usually in very small doses) of drugs which would produce in a healthy person symptoms closely resembling those of the disease treated --The fundamental doctrine of hom{oe}opathy is expressed in the Latin adage ‘Similia similibus curantur’, ‘likes are cured by likes’."

Dead/weakened viruses, in my opinion, would fall under this term, especially in diseases as smallpox where you actually do get a nice pock (poc? pok? whatever) at the sight of injection. Immunizations are based in homeopathy. In history, really, it's where they got their start.

Well, as soon as homeopaths start charging $1/100,000 for their tinctures, I'll start believing in homeopathy.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:19 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: