Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Wordsmith Books - CLOSED!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Taco Bob

Wordsmith Books - CLOSED!  Reply with quote  

Usually I hate to see indy bookstores close, but after driving to Atlanta to see the AG a year and a half ago at Wordsmith, I can't say I'm going to miss this one.
The previous year the same people hosted CM so there's really no excuse for what happened. Should have seen it coming when they moved - to a smaller location.
Way too many people in such a small place with everyone sitting on the hard floor, no less. And a lot of people left outside - in the cold.
At least I got to meet Zen and hubby, but not Mr an Ms Vahlee who were lost in the swarm of humanity. Pic shows the view I had while CM (can you see him? I couldn't) did his usual great job at the mic. At least I could hear him.
The Fruitbat Seating on this past tour sounds like a mighty fine idea to me...

http://atlanta.citysearch.com/profile/45423190/decatur_ga/wordsmith_books_closed.html

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:42 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MrEMann

I'm still in touch with Zach and with less frequency, Russ. It was with heavy heart that they moved to begin with. They told me that there was too much overhead and other problems at the original location.

IF anyone is interested:

Zach's book Annointed is out there, pick up a copy from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Anointed-Passion-Timmy-Christ-CEO/dp/098166542X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248111874&sr=1-1 . It's not bad at all.

Last I heard, Russ was working himself into a publicity gig up in NYC.

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:43 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

TB, they closed about a week after we were there
& I'll tell you that the 1st location was big enough for the madness-
shame about all that but I did manage to get a signed copy of ANNOINTED-
if I'd known they were gonna close, I'd probably have gotten more... Sad

Makes me wonder if my store's big enough to handle the crowd-
it's 3 separate rooms & cluttered like most comic shops but maybe once we get the back cleaned out...

Hey, I can dream, can't I? Wink

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:50 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: