Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> News and Noise

Who wants to see a Chris Moore movie???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Taco Bob

Who wants to see a Chris Moore movie???  Reply with quote  

As a random group picked off a random street corner at random, how about a show of hands of how many here would like to see a movie based on one of the Author Guy's books???
Okay, I see some hands out there, and it seems some of you are holding up two hands. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Here's the deal: The Stupidest Angel is being made into a movie by Carl Goldstein - an actual Hollywood producer/director out in actual Hollywood - and he would like to hear some feedback and comments from fans of the AG's books (aka fruitbats) concerning the movie. He even has a discussion forum where you can offer opinions and ask questions.
So, want to get the inside info on a movie based on a certain writer dear to our twisted lil hearts? Then just go rat HERE! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:11 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
imonica

I would like to know if the cast has been confirmed and when filming is supposed to begin.

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:30 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

thanks for the heads up. Seems he wants suggestions on casting.
I'm going to suggest Q

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
EagleMorph

Some additional info on the cast he has listed there...

Theo Crowe (Jeremy Davies) - Davies was Corporal Upham, the bumbling translator, in Saving Private Ryan. More recently, he was Daniel Faraday in the TV series "LOST".

Molly (Milla Jovovich) - The Ukranian actress is perhaps best known for her turn as the heroine in the Resident Evil franchise. Interesting choice to go for a horror/action movie chick for the "Warrior Babe of the Outland".

Raziel (Steve Zahn) - The blond dumb angel gets played by a guy who has played plenty of stoner/dumb roles, as well as some very smart roles. Zahn is a regular in the HBO series "Treme", but he's popped up in pretty much everything.

Tucker Case (Dwight Yoakam) - Yes, the country music artist. He's been in a few flicks, most notably the Wedding Crashers in 2005.

Gabe Fenton (Crispin Glover) - Perpetually freaky, the character actor might forever be known as George McFly in Back to the Future. He can also do the weird stuff - he was Grendel in Beowulf.

Dale, the Bad Santa (William Fichtner) - Pure badass, although I always pictured Dale as a bit more rotund. Fichtner is excellent at playing hardened souls, from his role as Alex Mahone in "Prison Break" to the bank manager at the beginning of The Dark Knight.

Mavis Sand (Cloris Leachman) - All you need to know is this: While she played her famous roles on the Mary Tyler Moore Show and the Facts of Life, she was also Frau Blucher (neeeeeeeigh!) in Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein. She resumes that role, drops the accent for some oversexed boozy seduction, and she's perfect.

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Very Happy Who doesn't wanna see an AG movie?! Cool

EagleMorph wrote:

Tucker Case (Dwight Yoakam) - Yes, the country music artist. He's been in a few flicks, most notably the Wedding Crashers in 2005.

Shocked Seriously, not cuz he's in the movie but as Tuck? Shocked

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MrEMann

http://bbs.chrismoore.com/viewtopic.php?t=19178

Bleu tried to start this discussion a week ago. Where was your love then, huh?

Very Happy

Filming in Seattle....I know a bunch of us who better be getting calls to be extras Twisted Evil

.:EDIT:. What a pain in the fucking ass to participate in the discussion on IMDB. I have a registered account, have for a while, and I still had to jump through flaming, dog shit covered hoops to reply.

Heads up to the unsuspecting

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:02 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

zendao42 wrote:

EagleMorph wrote:

Shocked Seriously, not cuz he's in the movie but as Tuck? Shocked

more like the zombie ex-husband, right?

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:56 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wonko

zendao42 wrote:

Honestly?... I'm not all that eager to see a movie based on an AG book.

I've seen too many books that I like get turned into complete pieces of garbage on the screen. (hell, I even have a hard time listening to the audio books because they don't sound like they do in my head when I read them)

Oh sure, I'll most likely still go see the movie, but I don't look forward to it as I do with the books.

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Taco Bob

Wonko wrote:

Honestly?... I'm not all that eager to see a movie based on an AG book.

I've seen too many books that I like get turned into complete pieces of garbage on the screen. (hell, I even have a hard time listening to the audio books because they don't sound like they do in my head when I read them)

Oh sure, I'll most likely still go see the movie, but I don't look forward to it as I do with the books.

I feel the same way, the odds are slim for a book to be made into a great movie, but those odds go to zero if no movie is ever made. I say roll the dice, make the movie. I'll also go see it no matter, but hey, wouldn't a well done TSA be great! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Found this on facebook (thanks to MrEMann)

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:04 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RadLad

I would love to see Daniel-Day Lewis worked into this movie somehow.
chris: k

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:11 am   View user's profile Send private message
Ginjg

that graphic doesn't depict any pine covish cemetery. They've already lost points in my book.
And he says Q's too young?

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vahlee

Dwight Yokum is too old to play Tucker. Tucker is supposed to be a nerd trapped in a ladies-man's body. Yokum doesn't fit. That's about the only casting that I'm really disappointed in.

http://www.upnorthgeorgia.org

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:00 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Taco Bob

Ginjg wrote:
that graphic doesn't depict any pine covish cemetery. They've already lost points in my book.
And he says Q's too young?

But Roberto the Fruitbat is in it, right? (see pic) I don't see Roberto in the casting yet, maybe Q as Roberto? Might take a few hours in the make-up chair everyday, but hey, remember the movie The Fly?

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JennyO

Vahlee wrote:
Dwight Yokum is too old to play Tucker. Tucker is supposed to be a nerd trapped in a ladies-man's body. Yokum doesn't fit. That's about the only casting that I'm really disappointed in.

He may be too old too, but from the first time I read a description of Tucker, I thought he was Greg Kinnear.

Kurt Vonnegut

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fortune cookie

JennyO wrote:
Vahlee wrote:

He may be too old too, but from the first time I read a description of Tucker, I thought he was Greg Kinnear.

I like the idea of Kinnear, but he's too pretty.
Owen Wilson works in my head.

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: