Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

New Approach Maybe...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Boota

It's never even occurred to me to think about genre or bookstore placement. I just want to write stories as well as I can, entertain the people who buy my books, and get better the longer I do it. If I ever get any literary praise I'm sure it will be purely by accident and given grudgingly. I have to second what the AG said about reading well known authors you can write circles around. I find it inspirational in a way. I think, "If that got published I definitely have a shot." Of course I have no patience and I self-publish so I'm probably my own worst enemy.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Question SRD, did I ever tell you who I was reminded of when I read your book?

I may be mispelling this cuz I can't remember how many Gs, but ROB SWIGART-
I'll tell ya why that's a very good thing later...

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:55 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sugarraydodge

Which book?

(And at the risk of sounding like an uncultured schlub, who is Rob Swigart?)

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:58 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
sugarraydodge

And btw (after rereading this thread) I never said I was going to WRITE crap, just DISGUISE what I write AS crap... which, when I put it that way, isn't exactly better...

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

sugarraydodge wrote:

Which book?

(And at the risk of sounding like an uncultured schlub, who is Rob Swigart?)

Happy Valley had this 70s vibe that surprised me cuz I don't think you were even born then...

This has a list of his work:
http://www.librarything.com/author/swigartrob

Check out TIME TRIP, it had a huge influence on my interests years after I read it...

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sugarraydodge

I'll check it out. And I was born in 1980 Very Happy

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
sugarraydodge

Also, I'm glad you liked Happy Valley. Very Happy

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: