Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

From the Mouth of Babes - Part Deux
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Watching The Wheels

From the Mouth of Babes - Part Deux  Reply with quote  

The Tea Party Cometh. Deleware republican Primary resulted in a Sarah-Palin-backed Tea Partier beating career politician (1966-??) Michael Castle. I'll allow Christine O'Donnell to introduce herself:

(On a litany of charges that she's perpertually in debt: failed to recieve a diploma from her college, crippled by student loans, sued by mortgage company, IRS filed a lien, 2008 campaign still in debt..) "I think the fact that I have struggled financially is what makes me so sympathetic."
It's true. Cause, when I vote for a candidate who preaches financial responsibility, I want to be sure that person can't even handle their own finances. I just want to be all, "Awwww! You're so cute -- you're so cute. Who can't pay their bills? Who can't handle their finances? YOU! Ha ha! AWWwwwWWW."

"It is not enough to be abstinent with other people, you also have to be abstinent alone. The Bible says that lust in your heart is committing adultery, so you can't masturbate without lust."

I thought this might be an odd campaign to run on, so I went to her website to see if there was any clarification on her position: Website. Nothing. No issues. No facts. Just a giant "gimme money" button. 'kay.
But I'm glad O'Donnell is running for senator. Cause I feel the three biggest issues facing our nation are "Unemployment," "Homeland Security," and "People who stare just a little too long at a Calvin Klein billboard." Though not in that order.

"[...] evolution is a theory and it's exactly that. There is not enough evidence, consistent evidence to make it as fact, and I say that because for theory to become a fact, it needs to consistently have the same results after it goes through a series of tests."
Okay, fine. If that's how you feel. Just don't say something li--
    "Well, creationism, in essence, is believing that the world began as the Bible in Genesis says, that God created the Earth in six days, six 24-hour periods. And there is just as much, if not more, evidence supporting that."
I was going to disagree you. But then I realized you call your holy book "The Gospel," which means "The Truth," so...

(on cloning)"They are -- they are doing that here in the United States. American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains. So they're already into this experiment."
NARF!

Uh, O'Donnell. That show wasn't a PBS documentary.

"He makes an excellent point [The point? a caller explains it's hard to garner sympathy for someone stricken with AIDS as they're like a bank robber who gets shot in the leg.] And the caller before him called people who get AIDS "victims"? It's that kind of spinning with words--and manipulating words--that empowers the bias when it comes to AIDS."
Those non-white-cell-having, sympathy-siphoning Fucks are ruining it for everyone!

And my favorite. An exchange between Eddie Izzard and O'Donnell about lying. Guess who takes a rabid, two-minute, no-shades-of-grey stance against ANY form of lying?
    O'DONNELL: A lie, whether it be a lie or an exaggeration, is disrespect to whoever you're exaggerating or lying to, because it's not respecting reality.

MAHER: Quite the opposite, it can be respect.

IZZARD: What if Hitler comes to you in the middle of the Second World War and says, 'do you have any Jewish people in your house?' And you do have them. Would you lie to him? Cause that would be disrespectful to Hitler...

O'DONNELL: I believe if I were in that situation, God would provide a way to do the right thing righteously. I believe that! -- You never have to practice deception!!!
Crazy, aside. What I love about this exchange: Not at one point after Eddie Izzard asks a very pointed question does O'Donnell experience or reach any point of genuine self-reflection about the nonsense is spewing from her mouth.

The conversation that followed:
LYING BAD! LYING BAD!!
But if lying could result in something good...
LYING BAD! LYING BAD!!

Thanks for the crazy, Tea Party <3
Mwah!

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
fortune cookie

Dude.
You can't just go around quoting crazy people verbatum and in context.
It makes them appear...well...crazy.

Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Geez, with a track record like that, she just might get appointed president... Rolling Eyes

You might appreciate this:
http://www.slate.com/id/2267654/

Post Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:51 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goudron

They should have these sorts of things attached to ballots.

Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
walk

dude that chick is totally uninformed. it's not mice, it's sea otters with the fully functioning human brains

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Goudron wrote:

They should have these sorts of things attached to ballots.

If they did, it'd increase the bars' business later, just saying...

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:38 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kar98

OK, there's "aw how cute and quaint" eccentric, and then there's "holy shit, lock her up, drug her to the gills, and throw away the key. then brick up her door and throw away the bricklayer" crazy.

http://thinkprogress.org/christine-odonnell-record/

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:41 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Watching The Wheels

^ Holy @#$%! That's way more research into bat-shit insanity than I cared to venture.

I think the problem with O'Donnell is she doesn't know when to shut the fuck up when arguing. She'll take a very hard line stance on an issue, which I guess is fine (for our hyper-partisan news media, anyway. "Hey, MSNBC and FOX, got some time to kill? You can have five minutes of unfiltered speaking points!"), then she'll get backed into a very obvious corner, but instead of deflecting the point being made in a proper manner (like any soulless politician should), she'll continue to hold her ground.

Observe

NO SEX!!! NO SEX FOR ANYONE!!!
You're going stop the whole country from having sex?
YEAH!

(In the clip: She says she's a young woman in her 30's who's still chaste to "prove" her point. This is, as recent interviews with her have shown, proven to be completely untrue. She's "dabbled" in college promiscuity.)

I expect a fair level of BS from politicians, but just fucking naivete and pathological lying is out of the question.

Post Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:55 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
JustAGirl

walk wrote:
dude that chick is totally uninformed. it's not mice, it's sea otters with the fully functioning human brains

I, for one, welcome our new otter overlords.

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:00 am   View user's profile Send private message
Uptown_Toodeloo

JustAGirl wrote:
walk wrote:

I, for one, welcome our new otter overlords.

Yes, we will prepare for the coming of the otter overlords.

We will stop the wasteful cutting down of trees to make tables, and we will comense with the eating of our meals off of our prefectly good tummies!!

Or we will have our heads split like clams on the tummies of our overlords!!!!!

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:40 am   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

so wait.... this crazy "dog in heat".... "don't slap on a condom" ...um person. is she actually running for something? or is this just some reality tv joke thingy, (like i'm really hoping that tea party nonsense is) that i missed since i got rid of cable? Confused Confused Confused

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:15 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

She's the punchline but not clever enough to figure it out yet-
if folks like that don't get you voting (against them), nothing will!

Post Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:35 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
walk

just found this
http://www.cracked.com/blog/15-things-christine-odonnell-will-probably-say-before-shes-not-elected/
my favorite is the one at the bottom

"there's just one more thing.... it's been emotional." lock stock and 2 smoking barrels

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:52 pm   View user's profile Send private message
JustAGirl

walk wrote:
just found this
http://www.cracked.com/blog/15-things-christine-odonnell-will-probably-say-before-shes-not-elected/
my favorite is the one at the bottom

Yes, indeed, it is, Christine.

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:04 am   View user's profile Send private message
conspiracies unlimited

I hate people that dismiss theories due to thier own ignoramce as to what the work theory means... Stoopid fucking fuckers!!!
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:39 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: