Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

2 and 4 years ago at this time . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
zendao42

Wonko wrote:

I check in here every couple days, but my misanthropic lifestyle precludes me from posting anything just for the sake of posting if I have nothing constructive to add.

I don't mean to be a lurker, I'm just not very interesting... Crying or Very sad

Don't sell yerself short- besides, all ya really gotta do is make others feel interesting
or at least relaxed enough to sneak a quick bite... Twisted Evil

I've been abstaining on weekends for a while-
partly from being busy but mostly cuz of the low traffic-
though it does seem to have picked up a bit lately...

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:01 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chris
Site Admin

I'm really annoyed by the fact that you can't respond to comments on Facebook because they aren't threaded. It's designed for drive-by narcississm, not dialogue. I'm annoyed by the limitations of the updates, I'm annoyed that it doesn't have a built-in blog feature. I find it wildly annoying in all aspects except promotion of events, which works better than these other forums.

The problem is, I have only so much time to connect with readers, and my audience on Facebook and Twitter is like 80,000. Here it's somewhat smaller.

Stuff changes. I thought MySpace was a good thing, because it got way, way more readers for my blog. Facebook and Twitter basically killed my desire to write blogs because, while they connected me to more readers, there was no way to have a dialog about any issue. And so, so many people don't get it.

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:28 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
fortune cookie

So come back and play.
WE "get it"...

(cu is the one witda droopy eyelids)

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:53 pm   View user's profile Send private message
girlEgirl

on a not entirely unrelated subject, has anyone seen or heard from elliot? i have sent him several email's and p.m.'s and event sent out a few carrier pigeons. but to no avail.

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ginjg

ya know… ken could hook you up with a little addon script dealy that fits seamlessly into your blog app that you click the button and it automatically updates to FB and Twitter simultaneously so you could lure the FBTwit crowd into actual discussion on da blog. Wink
chris wrote:
I'm really annoyed by the fact that you can't respond to comments on Facebook because they aren't threaded. It's designed for drive-by narcississm, not dialogue. I'm annoyed by the limitations of the updates, I'm annoyed that it doesn't have a built-in blog feature. I find it wildly annoying in all aspects except promotion of events, which works better than these other forums.

The problem is, I have only so much time to connect with readers, and my audience on Facebook and Twitter is like 80,000. Here it's somewhat smaller.

Stuff changes. I thought MySpace was a good thing, because it got way, way more readers for my blog. Facebook and Twitter basically killed my desire to write blogs because, while they connected me to more readers, there was no way to have a dialog about any issue. And so, so many people don't get it.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:29 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

chris wrote:

That's easy, just put your status on everything as
"Back at the boardello & blogging" & disable the comments-
that'll teach them! Twisted Evil

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sugarraydodge

fortune cookie wrote:
So come back and play.
WE "get it"...

(cu is the one witda droopy eyelids)

Bah! We're disgusting little yellow-bodies!

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
conspiracies unlimited

sugarraydodge wrote:
I think blonde vampires who twist their nipples through red dresses are QUITE interesting. Razz

You dont say...
It's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly canadian

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:53 am   View user's profile Send private message
Jinxted

sugarraydodge wrote:
I think blonde vampires who twist their nipples through red dresses are QUITE interesting. Razz

she has teeth?

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:29 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Lib

I'm the one with the glasses. Twisted Evil

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:44 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Skippykelly

I dunno... there's just something about vampires I don't trust. Even if they're avid nipple twisters...

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:23 pm   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Skippykelly wrote:

I dunno... there's just something about vampires I don't trust. Even if they're avid nipple twisters...

Could it be the crimp they'd put in your oral sex life? Twisted Evil

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:05 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dougp

chris wrote:
I'm really annoyed by the fact that you can't respond to comments on Facebook because they aren't threaded. It's designed for drive-by narcississm, not dialogue.

How ironic that you Mr. Moore would claim an interest in dialog here in the political section. Why if I recall correctly, just a scant two years ago you vehemently told me to leave because I had the audacity to post that Mr. Obama would just be a continuation of the last regime.

The treatment of Pfc. Bradley Manning, the reinstatement of Gitmo tribunals, continued presence in Iraq, an escalation of 30K troops in Afghanistan (plus who knows how many "contractors" i.e. mercenaries). And let's not forget that it was Mr. Obama's Justice Department that recommended the law firm Hunton & Williams to Bank of America when the bank first became concerned over potential Wikileaks exposure.

But I'm just a dumb ass raining on everybody's parade, so I'll take my leave again.

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:12 pm   View user's profile Send private message
Skippykelly

What an angry little fella.

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:21 pm   View user's profile Send private message
fortune cookie

Skippykelly wrote:
What an angry little fella.

He grows on you.

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:18 pm   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: