Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

My first NaNoWriMo
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mxlemore

August sounds good. Hell, let's start on the first. How's that sound?

How long are we writing, a week? This is to develop a short story, right?

I apologize for all the questions, I just want to know exactly what we are trying to accomplish during our writing frenzy so I can come up with a game plan. Nothing worse than being tardy for the party and being empty-handed. Smile

Hush, Hush, My Love is now available for Kindle, Nook, and other formats from Smashwords for free! You can view it here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50564

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:11 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Depends on if that's on the weekend cuz my husband's
pulling for our vacation to be the last week in July-
gotta check one of those calendar thingies & make firm plans...

My previous summer writing experience went something like this:
what: memoirs
where: kitchen table (with beer in hand)
when: OJ's pre-trial (which knocked out my soaps)
why: see above
how: pen & paper

Obviously, we ain't cribbing the set-up from this but let's see if we can make some improvements-
may have ideas post vacation anyway, kinda do now that I think about it-
now, how long does this need to be, are talking words, pages or paragraphs?

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:27 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mxlemore

I just pulled Aug 1 out of my ass. When I checked it on the calendar, it happened to be on a Monday, go figure. Check to see if that works for you and let me know. If not, well, we can always move it. Not like it's that critical. we don't have an actual deadline.

As for the semantics, damn if I know really! We should probably keep it relatively short since NaNoWriMo is not that far off from when we do this. How about a short story (say around 10k words) or a novella? We can spend a week(?-5 business days) or two weeks(?) depending on how long the story is we choose. These are just some suggestions. I'm flexible. God knows I've never organized one of these before.

Is there anyone else you know who might want to get involved and take advantage of this opportunity?

Hush, Hush, My Love is now available for Kindle, Nook, and other formats from Smashwords for free! You can view it here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50564

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

That will most likely be the day after we get back-
I'd probably be doing laundry haikus if I wrote then... Wink

I supposed we could see if anybody else is interested, take a poll on dates, etc-
I'm thinking that most of the possibly interested parties are already here-
may have to mosey over to NEWS & NOISE & see if the natives are restless-
also gotta find a word processing thingy on this bitch cuz I got tired of hand-writing 10 years ago...

I thought of another way to count the amount that worked with pen & paper- lines-
maybe there's a conversion chart & if not, there should be...

I always got confused about word count anyway & they told us pages back in the school daze
but however ya wanna count it, I think it's best to give a range to avoid tension headaches...

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:44 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: