Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> So You Wanna Be a Writer?

Should I Self-Publish? A Motherfucking Checklist

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Sephonae

Should I Self-Publish? A Motherfucking Checklist  Reply with quote  

As fun as it sounds and helpful too. Very Happy

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2010/12/29/should-i-self-publish-a-motherfucking-checklist/

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:16 am   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Taco Bob

Only took me eight books over six years to see anything that even resembles actual income. But I did it without an agent or any of that other traditional bs, which is kinda sweet. Wink

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:05 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wonko

...so when are you going to have the next one out?

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:41 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Taco Bob

Not sure when I'll get something finished as I need to do a trip to Key West for further "research" first. Very Happy Good news is I actually have two in the works...

Anyone considering self-pub an ebook should read the blog by crazyman JA Konrath. He's def got it going his way...

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:58 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sugarraydodge

I've made peace with the fact that I probably won't be financially successful as a self-published author.

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
lisa

Wonko wrote:
...so when are you going to have the next one out?

TB is having them out? Oh TB. May I be of any help?

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:59 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
zendao42

sugarraydodge wrote:

I've made peace with the fact that I probably won't be financially successful as a self-published author.

Stranger things have happened, just saying-
I mean, if we can get physical copies of your book in our store, I'm sure somebody'll buy them...

BTW, if you do go the ebook route, lemme know cuz I just got my Nook set up
& I already got all TB'S & one of Boota's books-
they didn't have MR. UNDESIRABLE or I'd have got it as well-
& guess what?

They're all lendable! Cool

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:45 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Why authors should not publish ebook only:

http://www.sfwa.org/2011/09/an-interview-with-norman-spinrad-anarchist/

Norman Spinrad wrote:

... how in hell can you get a novel reviewed that doesn’t exist in galleys or paper book form?
And how can you sell it without reviews?

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:18 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: