Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Ron Paul

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
L.P. Bowman

Ron Paul  Reply with quote  

Is he the only possible presidential candidate that wants to pull us out of war / world police force?

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:33 am   View user's profile Send private message
sugarraydodge

As the board's resident Republican, I have to say that if it comes to Ron Paul vs. Barack Obama in 2012, I would vote for Obama. I wouldn't even think about it, and I am NOT a fan of the current administration by any stretch of the imagination. Obama's foreign policy isn't my cup of tea, but its largely harmless. At worst its very embarrassing. Ron Paul's foreign policy ideas, on the other hand, are extremely dangerous. I, for one, have no interest in finding out how fast the world will end if the United States becomes an isolationist country.

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:33 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

Yep, can we say crackpot*? Wink

* 1 good drug + 1 bad drug = 2 nuts 2 be in charge

Once they're in office, they get cut more slack cuz the country's at war-
dunno if changing COCs makes that much of a difference but at least nobody's getting drafted... so far...

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:52 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
L.P. Bowman

yep.....Paul is a nut (and I assume not running) .... I was really just trying to get some talk going ....

the war thing just really bothers me ..... I was hoping Obama would do more to get us out of places we don't need to be ..... I think he wants 4 more years and he believes an anti-war mark might hurt him ..... and probably would being that we have so many right wing idiots out there that would make such a big deal out of it ...... just like not wanting to cut the blessed defense budget (at least with meaingful cuts) ..... so much money wasted ....

and it is not just the money .... yeah we don't have any drafts ..... but people are still dying for a lost cause.... at least that is my opinion .....

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:52 am   View user's profile Send private message
zendao42

Yep, I remember Vietnam, looks like folks still take the wrong message from it-
if we can just find the damned Ovinator* & shut it down, I think the country'll be ok...

* Jasper Fforde thing- if you don't know, explaining exactly what it is would spoil the surprise from reading one of the TN books...

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
zendao42

Ron Paul retires from Congress:

http://www.slate.com/id/2299086/pagenum/all/#p2

Slate wrote:

He won't run for re-election to the House; he'll focus on his third presidential campaign.

Post Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:39 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: