Christopher Moore Home Page

The bulletin board is currently closed to new posts. Instead, why not check out Chris' Twitter and Facebook pages?

bbs.chrismoore.com Forum Index -> Politics

Grahh!!

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Watching The Wheels

Grahh!!  Reply with quote  

At tonight's GOP presidential debate, Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, touted his job creation role saying he had created more in his state alone than Obama had nationwide. Romney, what?! You can say you single-handedly created more jobs in your *state* than Obama did *nationwide*? Last I checked, Massachusetts is a subset of our nation. And the fact the official GOP position is that the government cannot create jobs--

GRAHH!!
::suffers from aneurysm::

You know what?

Fuck this noise. I no longer care.

Post Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:42 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

*wheels in cocoa trolley, hands mug to WTW*

Alright, whatever you want in your cup, we got it- this is a fully stocked cocoa bar! Wink

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:34 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ginjg

still not as bad as Rick Perry claiming he created more jobs than any other state. Since when is poaching jobs from other states creation?

Taking assets from one group to another and claiming their newly added is akin to… ummm? What's that term? Oh, yeah… Ponzi Scheme. Now where have I heard that before?

The head of EA stated quite clearly that the reason they moved to TX was because of the slew of special "incentives" the company was given.

I'll bet that when you add up the cost to the state for all those incentives he actually lost money for the people of TX or broke even at best. To say nothing of the damage he did to the economies of the states he poached the jobs from.

~~~~~~~

Why should we bother with immortality when we are eternal?

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:37 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kar98

Every time I see Mitt Romney next to Rick Perry:

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:43 pm   View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zendao42

Yep, if you ask me (which nobody did but fuck it, I'm telling ya anyway),
way too many Stepford candidates this time...

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:22 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

Tea Party Debate Tonight! Yay!

Can't wait for the questions. I wonder if we'll hear such gems as:

How many guns do you own?
Do you believe every word of the Holy Bible?
Aside from President Reagan, who is your political hero?
Will you pledge to never raise taxes?

All of these questions were part of the Republican Youtube debate in 2008, except the Reagan one. That was one of the questions during the selection of the Chairperson for the Republican National Committee. As if it would be heretical if Reagan wasn't #1. Which it would be. Of course this was asked by Grover Norquist, of the "sign my pledge or die" Pledge.

Which reminds me of this video:

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/jon-stewart-lampoons-the-rnc-chair-debate-video.php

I admire the discipline of Republicans to list what they stand for (as opposed to Democrats who notice that there are actually shades of gray and can't say what they stand for to save their lives), and fight for it no matter what. I also hate it and think it's destroying healthy debate in this country. But anyway, watching the candidates squirm as they try to correctly fit the profile while not seeming too looney to get elected (ahem Michele) is loads of fun.

what is wrong with me?

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:14 am   View user's profile Send private message
sugarraydodge

As (one of) the board's token Republicans, let me say that I absolutely and in no way care about these debates, because everybody is more or less the same and I don't want to die of boredom.

I will more than likely support whoever the Republican is, because I'm a Republican. It's what we do, we vote Republican Wink HOWEVER! If Ron Paul gets the nomination, I will say right here, right now, that I will be voting for Barack Obama. That guy is fucking dangerous.

And that's all I have to say about it.

/politics. Resume lazy-ass creative writing. (That's my motto since I became a burnt out news junky. I just can't mount up the energy to care about it the way I used to. Razz )

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:32 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Watching The Wheels

LostInWalmart wrote:
what is wrong with me?

Not too much, I don't think.
At least, I know I turned in hoping to see Perry challenge Romney to an arm wrestling match. Then an ol' fashioned debate: pistol duel at noon. Governatin' Texas-style! YEE-HAW!

Moment of the night goes to Jon Huntsman.

HUNTSMAN: "You’ve got Governor Romney, who called [social security] a fraud in his book “No Apology.” I don’t know if that was written by Kurt Cobain or not."

(HUNTSMAN pauses for laughter, looking up at the crowd expectantly. Receives none. Looks down at podium in shame before continuing.)
I don't think you read the room there correctly, Huntsman. I don't really see the Tea Party really moshing to "Smells like Teen Spirit." They're more Pearl Jam fans... [/eye roll]

Second favorite, came several seconds later.
    WOLF BLITZER: "Speaker Gingrich, would you raise the retirement age for Social Security recipients?"

GINGRICH: "No, but [WTW is paraphrasing here] I hate Obama."

(APPLAUSE)

BLITZER: "Let me just pinpoint the question. What would you do to fix Social Security?"

GINGRICH: [Still paraphrasing] "No, seriously. Obama is the devil. He uses our hard-earned SS money to fund illegal aliens to abort babies from their gay marriages in mosques."

(APPLAUSE)

GINGRICH: [No longer paraphrasing] "Now, I just want to make two simple points about Social Security and how you save it. The first is, you get back to a full employment economy, and at four percent unemployment you have such a huge increase in funding, that you change every single out year of projection in a positive way."
What?! Your solution to fixing Social Security is to reduce unemployment? Just like that? "It's at 10%. We need to go to 4%." Gee, thanks. What a very detailed plan. Is there a dial in the oval office that simply controls this metric? And Obama's just watching it idly? No wonder Newt is so mad at him.

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 pm   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
zendao42

Sounds a lot like the Underpants Gnomes' plan... Shocked

LostInWalmart wrote:

Tea Party Debate Tonight! Yay!

Can't wait for the questions. I wonder if we'll hear such gems as:

How many guns do you own?
Do you believe every word of the Holy Bible?
Aside from President Reagan, who is your political hero?
Will you pledge to never raise taxes?

what is wrong with me?

You forgot:

Who'd win in a fight: Jesus or Reagan?

Twisted Evil

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:48 am   View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LostInWalmart

Bachmann thinks Gardasil causes mental retardation? Looks like maybe some got spilled in the punch before the debate.

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:49 am   View user's profile Send private message
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: